Rumor- 2016 New Parade | Inside Universal Forums

Rumor- 2016 New Parade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
With a new parade building being constructed and several people in the know saying that a new parade is coming in 2016, I thought we should have a thread to speculate!

In December of 2014, the back corner of the USF bone yard was filled with junk..

As of August 2015, the plot has been completely cleared, rumored to be where the new parade building is going.

The new spot can house a larger parade building. Does this mean we will be getting a new daytime parade to replace the horrid superstar parade? Maybe a nighttime one similar to Paint The Night. Another possibility is a new seasonal parade, maybe a replacement for the Macy's Holiday Parade. Thoughts?

Uni has issues building a good night show, and I think they could put together a better night parade.

I think their main problem with Cspec & 360 is that the show is actually on the water screens. When you go to a show like world of color, the water screens compliment the show (fountains pyro etc). I think with Cspec the show is there to compliment the water screens, instead of the water screens complimenting the show. So the fountains, pyro and lighting never take the spotlight of the show, they're always just off to the sides with the water screens being the focus. If that makes any sense haha

Last edited:
I'd love for it to be a night parade, especially if it meant the parks will be staying open later more frequently.

As for not doing nighttime shows well... I just feel it comes down to creativity/lack of "wow" factor. Most Disney nighttime shows have a "wow factor" in one way or another. Illuminations (and soon Rivers of Light from what it sound) are completely original works too, involving no existing IPs. I feel a lot of the problem, despite the shows being lackluster anyway, is that the lagoon is very awkwardly shaped at USF, so viewing (or at least good viewing) is a bit restricted.

After watching all 5 minutes of Superstar, I won't get excited for this one.

So, if this is a night parade, could you imagine a few 8-bit Nintendo floats? Those would be crazy awesome

I was thinking something similar. I think a Nintendo parade could be a big draw, and it seems like it would be pretty easy to put together from a creative perspective. I mean, the scenes, music, and characters are plentiful. The hardest part would be choosing which ones to use.

A nighttime parade could be cool. If it was a step above the daytime parades, utilized cool lighting effects and such, and it could utilize some other properties like Nintendo and Harry Potter. Like a Nintendo float with glowing 8-bit sprites and characters, a Harry Potter one with an (other) dragon on it that occasionally breathes fire into the air, even a Simpsons Krustyland themed one could be hilarious.

Reactions: anihilnation
If this is a nighttime parade, could this coincide with the parks beginning to be open later? I remember this being discusses a while ago.

Whatever happens with this parade, Universal needs to remove Hop from it. It's so weird seeing those characters when the movie was not popular and people don't know about them or care. I feel like Universal spent too much on the costumes and floats and don't want to retire them despite the lack of popularity.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Whatever happens with this parade, Universal needs to remove Hop from it. It's so weird seeing those characters when the movie was not popular and people don't know about them or care. I feel like Universal spent too much on the costumes and floats and don't want to retire them despite the lack of popularity.

Hop is the least popular part of that parade IP-wise, but it's BY FAR the best part of the parade from a show perspective.

It's just so weird and out of place when there are no attractions or merchandise anywhere in the park for the property (because the movie stunk and didn't catch on). I'm not saying the floats and costumes are not good, but the movie was never popular and is hitting the 5 year mark since it's release. I'd prefer the focus of the new parade to be on actually representing the park better.

Reactions: captainmoch
Universal Studios is proud to present MOVIE MAGIC the new night time parade showcasing the history of movies!
The first float is a creepy black and white castle set with all the Universal monsters. When Dr frankenstein flips the switch and screams "It's Alive!" the float turns to colour. Other floats contain: Hitchcock movies, Spielberg movies, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and more.
I would stay the night to watch that.

Universal Studios is proud to present MOVIE MAGIC the new night time parade showcasing the history of movies!
The first float is a creepy black and white castle set with all the Universal monsters. When Dr frankenstein flips the switch and screams "It's Alive!" the float turns to colour. Other floats contain: Hitchcock movies, Spielberg movies, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future and more.
I would stay the night to watch that.

That's an amazing idea!

That would make a great nighttime parade, especially to compliment the Cinematic Spectacular. I could see it going like:
- Black and white monster themed float like you said, maybe could involve Beetlejuice?
- Jaws float which looks empty, but Jaws jumps out from time to time.
- Delorean driving around with Doc and Marty inside.
- E.T. float, maybe themed similarly to the ride?
- Ghostbusters float with the giant marshmellow man, some ghosts, and the Ghostbusters themselves.
- Jurassic Park themed float with a large t-rex.
- Maybe the Despicable Me float from the daytime parade reused or refitted into one for the nighttime one.
- Harry Potter float that involves a dragon.
- Maybe some non-movie stuff? (Simpsons, Nintendo, etc.)