Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Rumor: Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Closing

Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
Being reported by PopWrapped.com

Hot on the heels of the rumors, announcement, and statement from Disney/FreemantleMedia regarding the closing of the American Idol Experience, it is with sadness that I have also confirmed through sources close to the project that Disney will be closing the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at the end of 2014. Both closures will create the necessary room for several major Star Wars additions coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with construction set to begin in the spring of 2015. Formal announcements from Disney, with specific details regarding the new attractions, are expected in the coming weeks/months.

Sources tell me the attractions will fill the entire Echo Lake corner area of the park, as well as expanding into other areas of the park. My source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said “the Indiana Jones Stunt show was never intended to last more than 3-5 years, and has been on the chopping block several times in the past. Disney is looking to capitalize on its acquisition of the Star Wars franchise, and given the fact that the stunt show is so dated, and the American Idol franchise is rapidly dying, it made the most sense to use that space for something fresh.”

What do you think of the news? Will you visit the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular before it closes? My suggestion: get there sooner rather than later! Summer/Holiday traffic is a nightmare to navigate, and die-hard fans are sure to pour in toward the end of the show’s run.

http://popwrapped.com/2014/06/14/br...acular-confirmed-to-close-at-the-end-of-2014/

Dang you beat me to making this thread!!! But yeah looks like stars wars land will be a quarter of the park now and thank god this show is closing for it.

While I understand why people like it, it sucks sitting out in the hot Florida sun watching the set change 3 times and having tons of hokey audience participation.

Indy deserves better anyways and with talk of a reboot I can definitely see another ride in the future (please forbidden eye at animal kingdom? I don't care if it's a clone I'll sacrifice a goat for it)

Sounds like TDO is finally reacting to HP2. If true, this is an acceleration of the expansion schedule & good news for theme park fans.

If this is the intended area, it still makes the park feel odd. so we should hear an announcement in the coming weeks? Yeah right...

Announcement will come a week after DA opens and they can plan out how to present the project and get social media focused on them.

That's a way to get the press of uni but then again I'm almost positive they don't have a clear plan for Star Wars yet. I'm afraid if they went that route it would be the same thing as the new fantasyland announcement where almost everything they announce just doesn't happen

I heard this wasn't true on other boards about the Indiana Jones just the American Idol...AIE was closing to expand the Jedi Training Academy due to its popularity. Its also counter-productive as there are more Indiana Jones films planned for the future, why demolish an landmark attraction when you are going to produce more films about what that attraction was based of off.

Last edited:
I heard this wasn't true on other boards about the Indiana Jones just the American Idol...AIE was closing to expand the Jedi Training Academy due to its popularity. Its also counter-productive as there are more Indiana Jones films planned for the future, why demolish an landmark attraction when you are going to produce more films about what that attraction was based of off.

I've heard it thrown around that Disney's placing some bad rumors out to take away from the Diagon Alley news cycle, but again, that seems really stupid.

If it's for the Jedi training academy then I'll be pissed, I think nobody really cares about the Indy stunt show. If it didn't have Indy in the name then it would be looked on in the same league as beetlejuice when it comes to the actual content of the show, just kinda lame

- - - Updated - - -

I've heard it thrown around that Disney's placing some bad rumors out to take away from the Diagon Alley news cycle, but again, that seems really stupid.

If that's the case new lows for Disney. I'm sorry but is the announcement of two shows nobody really likes going to take away from the opening of the biggest expansion in theme park history? Seems pointless

I love watching Disney squirm! Maybe one day they might actually get their act together...Until then...we mock in ridicule!
Well it seems like they kind of are when it comes to rumors (frozen, Star Wars) they aren't completely announced yet but hey they are getting there. It's just universal will be miles ahead of them content wise by the time any if those come to be

If it's for the Jedi training academy then I'll be pissed, I think nobody really cares about the Indy stunt show. If it didn't have Indy in the name then it would be looked on in the same league as beetlejuice when it comes to the actual content of the show, just kinda lame

- - - Updated - - -

If that's the case new lows for Disney. I'm sorry but is the announcement of two shows nobody really likes going to take away from the opening of the biggest expansion in theme park history? Seems pointless

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't aswell. Just about every person I talk with inside and out of the park enjoy it very much. It's the best stunt show I've seen. (Including waterworld). It still plays to packed houses, people laugh at the jokes, and applaud throughout. Yeah there's down time in between acts, but when you're moving some of the biggest set pieces in the world to completely transform the stage, what do you expect? Disclaimer- I'm a big Indian Jones fan, they're my favorite movies. I've been on temple of the forbidden eye dozens of times, but I grew up with the IJESS. Given the choice between a 5 minute ride based on Indy or a 25 minute show I choose the show. Comparing it to beetlejuice? Really?? It's fine to have your own opinion, but yeesh! :rolleyes:

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't aswell. Just about every person I talk with inside and out of the park enjoy it very much. It's the best stunt show I've seen. (Including waterworld). It still plays to packed houses, people laugh at the jokes, and applaud throughout. Yeah there's down time in between acts, but when you're moving some of the biggest set pieces in the world to completely transform the stage, what do you expect? Disclaimer- I'm a big Indian Jones fan, they're my favorite movies. I've been on temple of the forbidden eye dozens of times, but I grew up with the IJESS. Given the choice between a 5 minute ride based on Indy or a 25 minute show I choose the show. Comparing it to beetlejuice? Really?? It's fine to have your own opinion, but yeesh! :rolleyes:
Wow I was a bit harsh, sorry I was crazy tired :lol: it's not that bad but it's not that good in my opinion. But now the question is what the hell Star Wars wise is going to replace this? If American a Idol can hold a ride will we get a Star Wars themed stunt show? Too weird

As far as I know, this rumor isn't true.

There was at one point a rumor that the stunt show would go to be replaced with a full size Millennium Falcon walk through with a Chewbacca M&G.

Oh god, Disney and their stupid meet and greets; why not just make all the parks nothing but character meet and greets. Sure is cheaper than running an attraction.

Due to what popularity? The popularity TDO thinks is there?! Whats more popular, a real Star wars ride utilizing their incredible AA's or some show that they already have a stage for. I really feel like the parents enjoy those shows more than the kids do sometimes and the parents just find it to be cute. they think that since they enjoy it their kids must enjoy it too.

Comcast should just take over disney.

Due to what popularity? The popularity TDO thinks is there?! Whats more popular, a real Star wars ride utilizing their incredible AA's or some show that they already have a stage for. I really feel like the parents enjoy those shows more than the kids do sometimes and the parents just find it to be cute. they think that since they enjoy it their kids must enjoy it too.

Comcast should just take over disney.
God that would be a dream wouldn't it? Yeah you are totally right about the training academy, it's a sit down on santas lap kinda deal where kids are mostly forced upon it so a good scrapbook can be made. If that was open when I was in my Star Wars high as a kid I'd probably ignore it