(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they do end up extending the London facade, the transition between facades will be pretty weird.
That is why they should put 007 instead of MoM in Fear Factor's place. Also, why aren't they closing fear factor before Terminator? These are the ridiculous actions I'm talking about

Last edited:
That is why they should put 007 instead of MoM in Fear Factor's place. Also, why are they closing fear factor before Terminator? These are the ridiculous actions I'm talking about
My recollection of the MOM entrance is hazy, but it was a Telephone box, wasn't it? Or a toilet? I can't remember now, need to look it up. Either way, it would be possible to extend the London facade around to MIB and build the "sneaky" entrance into it. I'm sure Uni Creative has thought of this, just like they did with Diagon Alley.

Honestly, if they go for MOM and 007, it would make more sense for 007 to take over the MIB space and have diagon alley and MOM next to each other, whilst continuing the London facade the whole way around the north west face of the lake, incorporating all 3 areas.

My recollection of the MOM entrance is hazy, but it was a Telephone box, wasn't it? Or a toilet? I can't remember now, need to look it up. Either way, it would be possible to extend the London facade around to MIB and build the "sneaky" entrance into it. I'm sure Uni Creative has thought of this, just like they did with Diagon Alley.
Toilet, Phone Booth, or Floo Network (fireplace.)

So... could the queue be Grimmauld Place (which would fantastic if it includes a Creature animatronic and a screaming Mother Black picture) then Floo into the Ministry? Is that what we're thinking? Cause, Christ, that would be amazing.

So... could the queue be Grimmauld Place (which would fantastic if it includes a Creature animatronic and a screaming Mother Black picture) then Floo into the Ministry? Is that what we're thinking? Cause, Christ, that would be amazing.
I was just thinking a nondescript office building that leads to a fireplace they make big so we can all go at once... But I like the idea of something like Grimmauld Place as a first queue part, since that's a recognizable location they could recreate. (And a place that more realistically has an actual fireplace.)

My guess is it will be the Phone Booth that has an attendant that opens to door and shoves about 25 people in saying something like "OK. Everybody in. I've used an expanding spell. The back of the phone booth doesn't exist, it just leads into a giant phone booth looking room. She closes the door and boom, elevator effects. The back door opens to reveal the MoM lobby.

Yeah, much like MiB with a fake phone booth door.

My guess is it will be the Phone Booth that has an attendant that opens to door and shoves about 25 people in saying something like "OK. Everybody in. I've used an expanding spell. The back of the phone booth doesn't exist, it just leads into a giant phone booth looking room. She closes the door and boom, elevator effects. The back door opens to reveal the MoM lobby.

Yeah, much like MiB with a fake phone booth door.
So... the Tardis.

That is why they should put 007 instead of MoM in Fear Factor's place. Also, why are they closing fear factor before Terminator? These are the ridiculous actions I'm talking about
I respect your opinion but what is ridiculous about closing an awful show that barely gets much attendance? lol

Reactions: johnnyslimane

Well then you'll be pleased. Terminator is closing in a few days. Fear Factor Theatre is definitely open till the end of the month and they haven't even announced a closing date for Fear Factor.

Also, they don't own 007 so.....

Well then you'll be pleased. Terminator is closing in a few days. Fear Factor Theatre is definitely open till the end of the month and they haven't even announced a closing date for Fear Factor.

Also, they don't own 007 so.....
Terminator should've stayed with a refurb for 2019. It's not hard, life is mostly about choices.
There's no excuse for it to close

I would love if everything that Disneyhead has mentioned/hinted at comes true.

Entering via an "enlarged on the inside" phone booth would be a clever way to enter the MOM. But seeing how average guests don't realize Diagon is behind the London facades, I'm not totally sure Universal would risk the average guest having to be smart enough to figure out that they have to enter a phone booth to enter the newest attraction. But I would really love to see Universal be creative with the entryway.

And two attractions would be a dream. Especially if one is the puzzle theater and has a small footprint, I could easily see there being room for two unique attractions. And this would be the chance for Universal to do something different from the rest of their Potter material by creating new material for the franchise.

If the puzzle theater is really the courtroom and features Fenrir's trial, that's brand new canon material for the series. What fan wouldn't want to see in-person what's been happening since the end of Deathly Hallows? And for those who've commented that they don't understand what the patent entails, I envision the setup being just like the trial of Barty Crouch. We will be spectators on benches in a circle around the room with Fenrir in the center on trial, and when Fenrir's friends try and break him out we watch the room go haywire. Effects in the room like explosions, and our benches can jut across the room and even raise up and suddenly drop. It could be a nice effect-based show that still has some level of thrill and movement without being anywhere near as intense as the existing Potter Rides.

And if the Floo patent is used for a Department of Mysteries attraction, it would be a great opportunity to recreate Order of the Phoenix and include the rooms that didn't appear in the fifth film. What fan wouldn't want to experience in-person all of the material from the Department scene that didn't make it in the movie? The spinning doors and brain room and time room would all be great set-pieces to finally see realized and experience firsthand before making it to the prophecy room and the veil.

I know this is all rumor and blue sky, but I'd love to see Universal tackle some Potter that expands the franchise instead of just being a "best-of." Then fans really wouldn't be able to skip out, even if it was starting to feel like Potter overkill.

Reactions: tankart150
This is a bad troll account. No excuse for Terminator 3D to close? Come on.
I'm just annoyed that they're shutting down a really awesome show. If it ain't broke, they shouldn't fix it. However, Bond, Back to the Future, Battlestar Galactica, or Star Trek would be AMAZING replacements :)

Also, they could've closed Fear Factor first.

Last edited: