Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

I think it would be super fun to sit in a fireplace and travel magically to Malfoy Manor, Borgan and Burkes back room, the Shrieking Shack, and other scary dark places hunting death eaters that survived The Battle of Hogwarts.

Or "The Trial of Fenrir Greyback" in Courtroom 10.

Either one, or both.

That sounds too much like a simulator pod to me. :eek:ops:

If they use that patented ride system, I think the removable "rooms" will end up representing the elevators inside the MoM. I don't see how going to the Ministry only to end up at a bunch of different places makes much thematic sense

If they use that patented ride system, I think the removable "rooms" will end up representing the elevators inside the MoM. I don't see how going to the Ministry only to end up at a bunch of different places makes much thematic sense
I think the queue will probably wind it's way through most of the actual MoM. The Floo Network can go anywhere so I would expect them to take advantage of that to take us places that they aren't ever going to build like Malfoy Manor or inside The Shrieking Shack.

I think the queue will probably wind it's way through most of the actual MoM. The Floo Network can go anywhere so I would expect them to take advantage of that to take us places that they aren't ever going to build like Malfoy Manor or inside The Shrieking Shack.

Eh, we'll see. I just don't see the point in going to either of those locations when the Ministry itself is far more interesting/awe inspiring

Eh, we'll see. I just don't see the point in going to either of those locations when the Ministry itself is far more interesting/awe inspiring
What if they use a FJ like ride system with mounted "spellcasters" . Use 4 carousels but instead of domed screens it's practical rooms filled with targets. Since each room would be all practical, the transitions between carousels could literally just be flinging us around with green flashing lights and lotsa bricks. Each carousel could have 4 different scenes for a total of 12 scenes, but each ride you only hit 4. So a random interactive practical shooter.

Last edited:
Booooooooo!

Patience is a virtue.

Edit: To expand...I think we all need to realize what went down the last 2 months. Universal got spooked by D23. That seems like a fact considering everyone I've talked to. A lot of the projects that have been green-lit or close to it since then were in various stages of design. My guess is they still don't' have a completely solid set of plans for Ministry of Magic, and they won't demolish the theater until they do. T2's replacement concept has been around for a while so it's the first thing to get going. Shrek and FFL might be a few more months.

Last edited:
Yea! More squid throwing and watching guests vomit!

Seriously though, how talentless do you have to be to make squid throwing and guests vomiting boring. They should have just gone with a "Jackass" show and flung oranges out of jai lai mitts at guests.

Patience is a virtue.

Edit: To expand...I think we all need to realize what went down the last 2 months. Universal got spooked by D23. That seems like a fact considering everyone I've talked to. A lot of the projects that have been green-lit or close to it since then were in various stages of design. My guess is they still don't' have a completely solid set of plans for Ministry of Magic, and they won't demolish the theater until they do. T2's replacement concept has been around for a while so it's the first thing to get going. Shrek and FFL might be a few more months.
I am under the impression MoM is ready to go. So I have to assume they are seeing strong Holiday bookings and Ops wants the capacity.

I am under the impression MoM is ready to go. So I have to assume they are seeing strong Holiday bookings and Ops wants the capacity.

We've certainly heard different things on that, then. I had heard the plan was still on the drawing board but getting close to being finalized.

Could also be a mix. Potter Christmas might be bringing in more people than they expected.

We've certainly heard different things on that, then. I had heard the plan was still on the drawing board but getting close to being finalized.

Could also be a mix. Potter Christmas might be bringing in more people than they expected.

Hogsmeade castle show is going to be nut to butt...

Didn't they originally want to tear down the theater before horror nights? So them not being ready with a replacement doesn't really make sense. It's probably just capacity for the holiday season.

Well, dang. The holidays got Universal spooked as well.

If FFL is making one more run, January is going to be an absolute blood bath.