(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They are promoting a new Christmas product that should have been in the parks years ago. They know Harry Potter is Popular, but since this is the first year they are adding a Harry Potter Christmas event tied to what they normally do (Grinchmas, Macy's Parade), yeah, there will be crowds. The timing of this is incredible.

So we'll have KidZone, Shrek, and FLL closing at various times throughout next year? Man, between that lost capacity and F&F being the only new addition, next year is gonna be a suck-y year to go to UOR. :lol: Although, it is unavoidable. Sometimes you have to have "calm before the storm" years.

So we'll have KidZone, Shrek, and FLL closing at various times throughout next year? Man, between that lost capacity and F&F being the only new addition, next year is gonna be a suck-y year to go to UOR. :lol: Although, it is unavoidable. Sometimes you have to have "calm before the storm" years.

Don't forget T2 being closed as well. And if they close MiB :died:

The only saving grace is that they will almost assuredly close KidZone in phases leaving the more popular Animal Actors and maybe even Fievel alive for a while

Reactions: tankart150
Patience is a virtue.

Edit: To expand...I think we all need to realize what went down the last 2 months. Universal got spooked by D23. That seems like a fact considering everyone I've talked to. A lot of the projects that have been green-lit or close to it since then were in various stages of design. My guess is they still don't' have a completely solid set of plans for Ministry of Magic, and they won't demolish the theater until they do. T2's replacement concept has been around for a while so it's the first thing to get going. Shrek and FFL might be a few more months.

I would go with the opposite to this, not only do I think MoM plans have been ready for a long time I also think even if they weren't quite that they should Demo FF anyways, it pulls in zero crowds, so why not bulldoze it so that when said plans are ready (if not already) work can commence immediately?

Just my thoughts

I am under the impression MoM is ready to go. So I have to assume they are seeing strong Holiday bookings and Ops wants the capacity.

Yep, I would think this is the case, they have been wanting it for years so I imagine a big roll of blue prints have been sitting on a shelf ready to go at the tip of a hat. Maybe with a tweak or two but with the bulk of the ideas fleshed out and waiting to be built.

I would go with the opposite to this, not only do I think MoM plans have been ready for a long time I also think even if they weren't quite that they should Demo FF anyways, it pulls in zero crowds, so why not bulldoze it so that when said plans are ready (if not already) work can commence immediately?

Just my thoughts

Yep, I would think this is the case, they have been wanting it for years so I imagine a big roll of blue prints have been sitting on a shelf ready to go at the tip of a hat. Maybe with a tweak or two but with the bulk of the ideas fleshed out and waiting to be built.

I'll agree to disagree. I think they had vague concepts, but I don't think this was ever a plan for immediate execution. I think this project is going to happen years ahead of when they originally scheduled it

I'll agree to disagree. I think they had vague concepts, but I don't think this was ever a plan for immediate execution. I think this project is going to happen years ahead of when they originally scheduled it

Fair dinkum mate, I was just going off how long we know the idea has been in the heads of the execs. These were just my guesses and always good to hear others views on a situation :thumbsup:

However it came/comes about we are set for yet another top notch attraction from UNI :)

Fair dinkum mate, I was just going off how long we know the idea has been in the heads of the execs. These were just my guesses and always good to hear others views on a situation :thumbsup:

However it came/comes about we are set for yet another top notch attraction from UNI :)

No doubt. And it is coming, unless a lot of people were lied to for no discernible reason. I was hoping it'd get started now instead of January though

Reactions: UK-Trigg
No doubt. And it is coming, unless a lot of people were lied to for no discernible reason. I was hoping it'd get started now instead of January though

Id have had money on kids zone and FF closing immediately after HHN.

Guess we just have to be a little more patient

Reactions: JungleSkip