Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

There are more then enough shows here:
Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees
The Tales of Beedle the Bard (3 different shows)
Wand selection
Marilyn & the Diamond Bellas
SING IT!
Beat Builders
Animal Actors on Location
A Day in the Park with Barney
The Blues Brothers
Fear Factor Live
Shows inside Fallon ride
Universal Orlando's Horror Make-Up Show
Nighttime show (coming soon)

I know, most of them are not the Disney kind with a theater and seats but short show and some of them are the best in Orlando imho.

@Disneyhead, @Legacy says that AoV is rumored to be going in the FFL stage during HHN, how does this conflict with your knowledge on FFL’s lifespan? I think I remember you saying the stage would be demoed by the end of the summer.

@Disneyhead, @Legacy says that AoV is rumored to be going in the FFL stage during HHN, how does this conflict with your knowledge on FFL’s lifespan? I think I remember you saying the stage would be demoed by the end of the summer.
You didn’t really believe this MoM rumor did you? It was fanfiction from the beginning and was only really reignited when it was announced B&T was closing.

You didn’t really believe this MoM rumor did you? It was fanfiction from the beginning and was only really reignited when it was announced B&T was closing.
I'm not too familiar with the rumor for this project as I joined this thread pretty recently, but I have been hearing MoM rumblings ever since Diagon's opening.

Senior VP of Universal Creative Thierry Coup has said in numerous Potterverse interviews that MoM is his favorite place. It is the WW site he would most like to bring to life.

It is the most iconic magical site that has not been used in an attraction yet. I believe Universal Creative would like to create this attraction. It is just a matter of getting the go-ahead from their bosses.

It was more than fan fiction. I was one of the people who started it when Alan Gilmore told me (along with Jim Hill and some other journalists) at the Diagon opening that he wanted to replace Fear Factor with MoM. No clue what he wanted to put inside it, but the phone booth Easter egg was a deliberate reference to his plan.

The last thing Universal needs is another delay after they switched things up after Disney showed their hand at D23.

It's odd to me that Universal's response to the surprisingly robust D23 was to "switch to things up" instead of "speed things up." I know there are a ton of things going on behind the scenes but at some point, Universal has to show their hand. If there is one thing insiders seem to agree on it's that nearly everything is in a constant state of flux post Potter coaster. I get the sense there are too many cooks in the kitchen and too much second-guessing going on. The Jurassic coaster being the 2020 addition instead of any of the more creative big-ticket additions that were rumored like MoM, Secret Life of Pets, Zelda, Minions dark ride, etc. is odd as well. It's like everything keeps getting pushed back and they needed a turn-key ride they could just plop down into Jurassic Park as a replacement

I think B&T3 is the reason WHY the show ended. They probably had the liscense for peanuts, and with a new movie coming out MGM wanted to significantly jack up the price
It boggles my mind that there's even any question why B&T ended. The show had lots of close calls over the years and after Hollywood's got cancelled mid season everyone was always worried the Orlando one would as well. Then it finally happens and everyone thinks it's because the theater is being demolished or other reasons, it's just crazy. The show was a big liability and we were lucky to have it as long as we did. This was the big reason the MoM rumor didn't line up for me. The rumor sprung up immediately after the announcement of B&T ending as if in reaction to it rather than from a legitimate source. If there had been rumblings of this beforehand and then the announcement came I could see that confirming this, but this just seemed to be a guess more than anything. Also losing a venue doesn't equal losing a show, so it never even made sense logically.