(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean, a ton of Diagon back of house stuff is inbetween there and FFL. It could be moved. I'm not sure "easily" is true
I wasn't really talking about moving the back of house stuff, just using the space that is currently the access road and gate up to the back of house stuff doesn't seem unreasonable.

Reactions: Ridgepole
I could see them add an additional exit/entry for Diagon if they add a facade where the current berm is, but I don't think you can just walk straight into MoM.

The rumor about an entrance from Diagon, between Carkitt stage and Hopping Pot, is as old as the MoM rumor itself. I know Jim Hill always brings up that TM gate there as a possible MoM expansion entrance, claiming that's what he was told. So, when I bring it up, I'm just repeating what he said he heard when he first got a tour of the area when it first opened.

Given how this project was always just blue sky, we certainly have no idea how they will actually end up doing it, but that was one of the first rumors about it.

EDIT: This...

P1010093.JPG

P1010092.JPG

No. Not completely. Look at an aerial. And stuff can be altered if you are in fact "creative"

Yeah that access road could easily be moved. I think the only obstacle would potentially be if it's a fire/safety code thing.

I wasn't really talking about moving the back of house stuff, just using the space that is currently the access road and gate up to the back of house stuff doesn't seem unreasonable.

There's a very easy path that doesn't cross any buildings and only roads and pathways which an elevated path would easily overcome.

View attachment 6823

Look... I know it's easy to forget sometimes... but these parks are living, breathing things. That need to facilitate 20,000+ Team Memembers, millions of dollars and millions of infrasture for HVAC, Electrical, and Mechanical systems.

Those "empty" roof tops and buildings? They have plumbing, electrical, and other systems you can't see. They have tie-off points, and fall protection systems because that's how painters and techs access theme elements and systems in Diagon Alley. Those access gates? That's how they get the heavy equipment into the park to complete PMs and projects. Access roads aren't just for specific venues. USF is a loop. You need to go back that way to access certain parts of the park.

Especially something like DA, which is brand new in terms of UO, has very little wasted space designed into it. No matter what an aerial may tell you.

So no. Universal won't spend millions to frustrate guests and employees... For something that makes no thematic sense.

Apparently we get to blame Jim Hill. Works for me.
I totally could see someone mentioning it to him while he was touring DA prior to the grand open. Who knows how they heard about it, or if they were just guessing after seeing that door open and the fact that you can see Fear Factor through it? :shrug:

Why would they put an entrance to the Mom in DA?

Why is that something everyone seems to want?
I think a magical fireplace in an otherwise boring London office facade would be a great entrance personally. But we do have the entrance to Leaky Cauldron inside Diagon, even though that should be in London, so anything's possible I guess.

I totally could see someone mentioning it to him while he was touring DA prior to the grand open. Who knows how they heard about it, or if they were just guessing after seeing that door open and the fact that you can see Fear Factor through it? :shrug:

I'm sure someone affiliated with Universal may have mentioned or thought it at one point. But that's some people's jobs. To think of possibilities. Doesn't make it likely or even possible. If he focused on quality of content instead of quantity (like you) he'd have a much better reputation :cheers:

Look... I know it's easy to forget sometimes... but these parks are living, breathing things. That need to facilitate 20,000+ Team Memembers, millions of dollars and millions of infrasture for HVAC, Electrical, and Mechanical systems.

Those "empty" roof tops and buildings? They have plumbing, electrical, and other systems you can't see. They have tie-off points, and fall protection systems because that's how painters and techs access theme elements and systems in Diagon Alley. Those access gates? That's how they get the heavy equipment into the park to complete PMs and projects. Access roads aren't just for specific venues. USF is a loop. You need to go back that way to access certain parts of the park.

Especially something like DA, which is brand new in terms of UO, has very little wasted space designed into it. No matter what an aerial may tell you.

So no. Universal won't spend millions to frustrate guests and employees... For something that makes no thematic sense.

No, just build a bridge for emergency services to cross and access the park! Add over a million dollars worth of work to this project that doesn't require it just to make someone on this forum happy!

Why would they put an entrance to the MoM in DA?

Why is that something everyone seems to want?

They wouldn't and it's something logical people aren't asking for. Doesn't make sense in the fiction or logistically in a theme park.

Yea...I just don't understand why anyone thinks they would do that.:lol:

If they’re going to build a separate area then it can be any where, why shoehorn it into FFL? The benefit of being next door to each other is that they can expand the area and it’s incredibly tight as it is. @AliciaStella ’s idea of a fireplace would make perfect sense.

I get that but from what I can see, there’s very little backstage between the two plots. If an expansion was always planned then they would have designed this into the original design even if it never gets used.