(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get that but from what I can see, there’s very little backstage between the two plots. If an expansion was always planned then they would have designed this into the original design even if it never gets used.

I'm not saying it can never expand. But if MoM was the "expansion" they had in mind... There's no reason to connect the two. You can "expand" London without touching the full, and overcrowded DA. It's perfect. The space to expand is outside of DA. FFL itself and all the wasted space around and in front of it.

I'm not saying it can never expand. But if MoM was the "expansion" they had in mind... There's no reason to connect the two. You can "expand" London without touching the full, and overcrowded DA. It's perfect. The space to expand is outside of DA. FFL itself and all the wasted space around and in front of it.
Yea, I don’t understand the desire to pump MORE people into DA :lol:

I wasn't really talking about moving the back of house stuff, just using the space that is currently the access road and gate up to the back of house stuff doesn't seem unreasonable.

BECAUSE THE MINISTIRY IS IN LONDON, USF IS HOME TO THE WIZARDING WORLD LONDON. Same reason why they were told no on building Diagon Alley next to Hogsmeade. Why am I the only person seeing this?
does it help to use all CAPS? :cheers:

Reactions: JPRA513 and Andysol
I was under the impression this was the doorway designed to be the entrance to the MoM:

De4ZqvSXUAIJmgf.jpg:large

To put this in one package. 1) I am a consumer, not a Comcast employee, TM, or ex TM. Consequently I don't care what things cost as they only care about what I spend. Fair enough?
So what's the most significant thing about DA and Hogsmeade at UOR? What makes them special? I would argue immersion. Probably credited to Rowling. So as you exit DA into the London waterfront are you immersed? No, unless you can't see 200 feet.(Look mom isn't that World Expo and to the right a giant Sideshow Bob?[ mother slaps kid in ear and says look this way]). To imagine an immersive London themed area in front of MOM is reasonable. An exit from DA into an immersive London themed area "on your way" to the MOM is reasonable as well. Another possibility is to extend the London facade to a kind of horseshoe with a "Mummy" like entrance to the MOM attraction. Not very immersive but an option. Clearly at least an entrance though.
Access road at the boat ramp. Solved. Rope and harness storage for painting DA, really?
Ultimately it comes down to the attraction. How big is the footprint? What room is left over?
Totally reasonable suggestion and that's all it is. Sorry some got their kimbies twisted.

Reactions: SkiBum and Mad Dog
Why would they put an entrance to the MoM in DA?

Why is that something everyone seems to want?

I don't understand it either. It isn't necessary, and would be more in keeping with the books that MOM is accessed outside of DA. Having the entrance out in the London waterfront just like the the Hogwart's Express entrance would work better and makes more sense.

Reactions: jtsalien
Not the only entrance but reading comprehension is different for everyone. That's why texting the girlfriend is scary:bolt:

Reactions: Joel
THE LEAKY CAULDRON IS IN LONDON.
THE LEAKY CAULDRON IS NOT IN DIAGON ALLEY.

WHY ARE WE YEL

Teeeeeechincally Leaky’s address is 1 Diagon Alley, so it is. :tease:

Not the only entrance but reading comprehension is different for everyone. That's why texting the girlfriend is scary:bolt:

I don’t think MoM will be anything more than a single attraction, so I doubt it would have multiple entrances

Reactions: jtsalien
I don't understand it either. It isn't necessary, and would be more in keeping with the books that MOM is accessed outside of DA. Having the entrance out in the London waterfront just like the the Hogwart's Express entrance would work better and makes more sense.
I guess I envision MOM like Gringots. It's an attraction inside of London.:shrug:

I totally could see someone mentioning it to him while he was touring DA prior to the grand open. Who knows how they heard about it, or if they were just guessing after seeing that door open and the fact that you can see Fear Factor through it? :shrug:

I think a magical fireplace in an otherwise boring London office facade would be a great entrance personally. But we do have the entrance to Leaky Cauldron inside Diagon, even though that should be in London, so anything's possible I guess.

Two things. Had a TM come through that door while I waiting for Celestina and they looked alarmed to see me looking through the door. I wonder why they didn't put a sally port there that could be removed if they had to drive through to block the view. Could look like a rock wall.
The other is the entrance to Leaky. There is the sign and door in LOndon and in the movies there was a back entrance that they exited into the alley. I presume that is what we use to enter the restaurant so it could be said to be canon with that explanation. Shaky at best but it is there

All that said there is no way they would put an entrance to MoM from DA. There just is no reason to do so. Extend the facade and drop us in a toilet, phone booth or up a flue. Easy peasy and as there are multiple ways to get into MoM they could use several to give it enough traffic flow.

Ok to move on...anyone want a ToT-style sign that changes from the name of the real life London building to The Ministry of Magic or whatever the attraction name is?

Reactions: Magic-Man