(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the topic of Potter being over-saturated: I think the new expansions WILL be high-quality and WILL round out the lineups of the areas, making them very worthwhile additions. However I do get the point that with SNW seeming like nothing of a distant dream right now (likely not coming until 2021 at earliest), it does feel like Uni is being overly reliant on Potter with them building two more major attractions before then. Especially after their past few non-Potter attractions (Fallon, Kong, and soon F&F) have been a bit controversial. But once SNW opens, and expansions like Zelda in Phase 1.25 and possibly Pokemon later on happen, it'll feel like less of a problem.

Plus, once Uni uses witchcraft to get the Middle-Earth rights in Park 3, it'll blow everything they've done before out of the water. Just saying...

On the topic of Potter being over-saturated: I think the new expansions WILL be high-quality and WILL round out the lineups of the areas, making them very worthwhile additions. However I do get the point that with SNW seeming like nothing of a distant dream right now (likely not coming until 2021 at earliest), it does feel like Uni is being overly reliant on Potter with them building two more major attractions before then. Especially after their past few non-Potter attractions (Fallon, Kong, and soon F&F) have been a bit controversial. But once SNW opens, and expansions like Zelda in Phase 1.25 and possibly Pokemon later on happen, it'll feel like less of a problem.

Plus, once Uni uses witchcraft to get the Middle-Earth rights in Park 3, it'll blow everything they've done before out of the water. Just saying...
it's been said before...But HP has so many iconic locations that could be explored...Why not explore them? The franchise is iconic

To explore all of the SW planets would require so many different locations and in many of those places, not enough even happens where it would have been worth building a ride for every planet.

Disney made the right decision, imo.

While they didn't have to do every location, I think they could have easily did full or mini lands for at least 4 or 5 planets. Finding Ride systems to make the rides different enough might have been an issue, but there is enough material to come up with solid storylines for a lot of planets.

The "expansion door" is just a service gate. There's an indenticle one in design under the light up facade at the deadend of the walkway by Magical Managerie. No one thinks that other one is an expansion pathway. It was just built as a way to get stuff into and out of the land easily.

I think it's more likely the suit of armor and blacksmith wall goes away and a walkway is built directly behind the Grimmauld facade over there. There's a hidden TM gate over there.

The only things backstage aside from electrical/mechanical bits that they can build around are the two trailers toward the back near the perimeter road. The biggest one is entertainment's base for Diagon and the little one in front of it is just a breakroom and could be moved if needed. It only has 2 single stall potties, tables, chairs, and some vending machines.

When they built the new training building behind Diagon toward costuming they put a TM bistro on the first floor. So aside from potties that little trailer can go.

If they wanted to keep both service gates, and to go along with the walkway behind Grimmauld place, my dream build is as follows:

red = construction walls
pink = show building (whether its a ride/walk through attraction, great news is the size comparison to gringotts, this thing could be huge!)
green = expanded london city blocks, starting from Grimmauld place it transforms more into the business district the MoM is in, with an alleyway behind Grimmauld place leading from Diagon, and more london facades hiding the show building. finding your way in is intentionally conspicuous

This keeps the service road and gate for DA, plus room for back stage services for both DA and MoM (the red construction line just is where I see walls being put up)

diagon overview-1.jpg

Personally, I don't think Diagon will connect to MoM at all. The two are in vastly different locations in London, and I think all the options for them to physically connect are a bit awkward. But we'll see.

Same. If I’m not mistaken there is no way to access MoM through walking/muggle methods to Diagon.

Reactions: Felipe
Same. If I’m not mistaken there is no way to access MoM through walking/muggle methods to Diagon.
Floo network is the only method I see working in general. I don't see any of the other methods working no matter where they are because of scale; there'd have to be 20-30 phone booths and/or toilets to work. I think it would be cool if there's a few giant fireplaces with green flame effects that you walk through and end up in different fireplaces inside the MoM, you can choose any fireplace to go in/out of.

Tumblr_lvjrv6pqwf1qeoetoo3_250.gif

Reactions: tankart150
Floo network is the only method I see working in general. I don't see any of the other methods working no matter where they are because of scale; there'd have to be 20-30 phone booths and/or toilets to work.

I could see it being an indoor/outdoor effect in the queue, where it looks like you're outside and you step into an oversized phone booth that has an elevator effect.

Floo network is the only method I see working in general. I don't see any of the other methods working no matter where they are because of scale; there'd have to be 20-30 phone booths and/or toilets to work. I think it would be cool if there's a few giant fireplaces with green flame effects that you walk through and end up in different fireplaces inside the MoM, you can choose any fireplace to go in/out of.

View attachment 5486
I've always thought the attraction could start like a walking tour -and then move on to the ride portion. We could enter though a regular 'ol building in London, have our guide do some magic to expand a fireplace to be big enough for us to pass through, and then we all enter as a group... Kind of a preshow to lead on to the queue, before the main ride...

Kind of exactly like THIS:

I've always thought the attraction could start like a walking tour -and then move on to the ride portion. We could enter though a regular 'ol building in London, have our guide do some magic to expand a fireplace to be big enough for us to pass through, and then we all enter as a group... Kind of a preshow to lead on to the queue, before the main ride...

Kind of exactly like THIS:

Really like that idea

Really like that idea
Universal's done it before. MiB has a team member lead you to an elevator that separates the kitschy worlds fair style entrance from the modern style MiB headquarters queue.

This way it doesn't matter what the facade is, since we only really know what the inside of MoM looks like anyway.

Universal's done it before. MiB has a team member lead you to an elevator that separates the kitschy worlds fair style entrance from the modern style MiB headquarters queue.

This way it doesn't matter what the facade is, since we only really know what the inside of MoM looks like anyway.
I meant the expanding fireplace idea, it fits right into the HP universe.. kind of like the Knights bus :thumbsup: