1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Rumor - Ministry of Magic to Replace Fear Factor Live

Discussion in 'Universal Studios Florida' started by JungleSkip, Sep 25, 2017.

1. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

I don't think that plot is big enough for an E-ticket, a show, a dark ride and a restaurant. IIRC that plot overall is about the size of the Gringott's ride building.

An indoor courtyard with shops and maybe a food option with Uni's take on the ToT system themed to the elevators is the way to go IMO.

Cheezbat, tankart150 and truejonas like this.
  2. quinnmac000

quinnmac000 Veteran Member

You can stack it....Queue, courtyard etc on top with ride on bottom.

tankart150 likes this.
  3. Felipe

Felipe Premium Member

I don't know, they sure would love to get the masses seen today for Hagrid (as well as previously for Hogsmeade and DA) flocking to FW for the latest Potter experience... But certainly the MoM only makes sense and belongs by London at USF. They gotta get creative and figure something else out for FW, but I think it's gotta be Potter, not just Wizarding World (aka not the lesser FB).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    SkiBum likes this.
  4. soilsigh

soilsigh Rookie

Not sure I want any more Potter. The only type of ride that would be acceptable for another Harry Potter attraction would be one with no weight restrictions and no height restrictions. This is the only reason I would want another HP attraction so that many people I know could actually experience a HP ride. The restrictions and the intensity of the HP rides excludes several people from further experiencing the HP world. An omnimover or a show is the best idea.

therock, belloq87 and Felipe like this.
  5. Surfster

Surfster Rookie

Oh I know, but it doesn’t have the history or recognition of the British MoM.

6. RFRees

RFRees Rookie

MoM replacing FFL works for so many reasons.

Namely that Hogsmeade has FJ, Hagrids, and Hippogriff. Diagon has Gimgrotts. They both have the train as well, and while Diagon gets the better side of the two train queues, the overall disparity (or "value") between the two (Diagon v Hogsmeade) is significant.

Aside from missing MoM, Universal is also significantly missing any ride prominently featuring Dumbledore. He's one of the biggest names in Potter, yet he gets a tiny role in FJ. I would personally love a Poseidon-type walkthrough featuring Dumbledore. It would also fill another gap the Wizarding World at Universal has (previously mentioned in this thread): there's no major Potter attraction without weight/height requirements.

And perhaps 'the Dumbledore attraction' could be what brings Potter fans to FW... While an old (and alive) Dumbledore would fit at Hogsmeade, a young Dumbledore might make for an appealing attraction at FW.

shiekra38, Nick, fryoj and 3 others like this.
  7. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    I think this is of key importance. If/when more Wizarding World attractions come to Orlando (either in USF or the next park), I think an all-ages E-ticket needs to be part of the project.

truejonas, therock, Jones14 and 2 others like this.
  8. SpatulaShack

SpatulaShack Member

This to me is the biggest reason I believe another Potter attraction is bound to come to Diagon Alley. The lopsided nature of the attraction offerings between the two lands now that Hagrid opened is just so huge. That isn't even factoring in the fact that the London facade and the huge plot of land right next door makes for an incredibly easy and seamless addition without the need for major deconstruction or re-configuring of backstage areas. I know Fantastic Worlds is already far along in development but I'd rather they add a final Potter E-ticket to USF and replace the rumored Fantastic Beasts area with a completely different IP. I know they're tempted to have a Potter presence in all three parks but Nintendo alone should be enough of a draw to keep people interested in the third park for years to come after opening.

9. ernestold1986

ernestold1986 Newcomer

Then can do both, Ministry in USF and a Fantastic Beasts Ride in UFW.

RFRees, Cheezbat and Moose84 like this.
  10. WowFactor

WowFactor Newcomer

IMO They shouldn't build any Potter stuff in the new park. On the other hand, to replace FFL with MoM and overhaul the F&F Supercharged to a Knight Bus ride seems a correct choice to cover all the franchise.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  11. jseal777

jseal777 Member

How many years are we realistically expecting FF to stick around. To me it feels like ive Already been briskly walking past it to either get to diagon or the mummy for about 6 years

12. devinp267

devinp267 Premium Member

I dont know if it was planning or budget or what, disney waited toooo long to respond. When it comes to land vs land, Universal has had their foot on Disney's neck ever since diagon, it was too late after that. And to think they had hagrid still in the arsenal along with a potential MoM attraction is crazy. Pandora needed way more to compete, and it looks like starwars is a LOT closer but still not enough. Hogwarts express transporting you between the two just really sets it apart from any other world.

LJGonz, tielo, Andysol and 1 other person like this.
  13. ernestold1986

ernestold1986 Newcomer

Thats why a Potential MoM ride should try to compete on the level of the rise of the resistance

14. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Unless Fantastic Beasts has a monster hit with one of the new films, I just don't see it hitting the parks.

I think part of the lesser appeal of Galaxy's Edge is that it's based on a new area and around the newer films and has distanced itself away from the core values of the original films.

15. devinp267

devinp267 Premium Member

I'll wait to see if rise lives up to the hype because MoM really wont be needed at this time if it doesn't. And i dont think it's actually neccessary even if Rise is just that good.

16. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Potter fans would still come out for FB and it's also not like this is a scenario where we don't have the equivalent of Tatooine/Couriscant/Dagobah/Hoth/etc already built and are jumping into Batuu as Disney is doing. Universal has built out a full-fledged world in Hogsmeade, Diagon and London (which would only be enhanced by a MoM attraction).

Fantastic Beasts would be icing on the Potter cake and with WB/JK Rowling looking over their shoulders on the projects, we should know the quality to expect.

Sithina and fallingends like this.
  17. devinp267

devinp267 Premium Member

I think FB MoM definitely should go to the new park Potter is good where it is now. And idk if everyone sees it this way but to me aesthetically FB has a totally different feel to it which is good because One thing i think they're gonna be tasked with is not being too reminiscent of the latter. There nothing really iconic about fantastic beasts so you can't just go in and copy anymore, this can't be hogsmeade and diagon 2.0. The MOM attraction will be easy, the land idk?

18. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

The problem with a land is that the movies are taking place over multiple different cities around the world instead of a few iconic/fixed locations like the original movies did. It's hard to create a land around something like that.

19. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

Except, FB is visiting iconic, real locations. 1920s Paris is the same principal behind World Showcase and the Studios - cities with attractions, stores, and restaurants that fit those cities.

Build Paris with MoM and Newt's Suitcase. Then build a neighboring Beauxbatons with a "History of the Wizarding World" attraction, you have a fantastic world that blends the old and new.

20. Cheezbat

Cheezbat Veteran Member

I’ve never been a big Potter fan, more casual than anything, but I LOVE what Universal has given us so far.
    I’m sure Galaxy’s Edge is cool and all, but I’m just not super excited to visit...at least until RotR opens....and I know the current films are Disney’s Star Wars films, but I would MUCH rather visit Jabbas palace...see Darth Vader, Boba Fett, classic Han, Luke, and Leia.
    I have zero attachment or interest in the current characters. I think this is why Potters lands will still be top dog after both Galaxy’s Edge lands are open.

I thought I would be over more Potter at the parks...especially after Hagrids...but my goodness that ride makes me want more. Ministry of Magic should be slated to open in Universal Studios simultaneously with Fantastic Worlds’ opening in 2023. Give us a family dark ride and a thrilling tower style ride or something. Really help balance out Hogsmeade and Diagon.

La2kw, truejonas, youhow2 and 4 others like this.