Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

Putting aside the fact that I'm extremely curious to see how they pull it off, and knowing how immersive all of the prior Potter attractions have been I would certainly not count this out as up to those high standards, here's three thoughts:

1. Diagon could use a secondary attraction, (besides the train,) as Hogsmeade has several rides. Gringotts is still the main ride here.

2. Fear Factor plot isn't as big as one may assume, so this could be an attraction that packs the most bang for your buck in that space.

3. Literally anything is better than Fear Factor Live. Anything.

Is this still VR Quidditch? Or is it a VR Ministry attraction?

I still believe VR Quidditch would be better served in Citywalk as an upcharge attraction a la The Void.

Is this still VR Quidditch? Or is it a VR Ministry attraction?
There are no rumors for the attraction's storyline yet. Quidditch was one speculated concept, but I don't think it will be that.

And while it was set within the French Ministry at the Epic version, I don't believe that had anything to do with the ride's story itself, strangely enough. (So, it could be set anywhere honestly.)

Putting aside the fact that I'm extremely curious to see how they pull it off, and knowing how immersive all of the prior Potter attractions have been I would certainly not count this out as up to those high standards, here's three thoughts:

1. Diagon could use a secondary attraction, (besides the train,) as Hogsmeade has several rides. Gringotts is still the main ride here.

2. Fear Factor plot isn't as big as one may assume, so this could be an attraction that packs the most bang for your buck in that space.

Really? Even a generic VR attraction? I would rather have FFL because at least I could dream that something better would take it's place.

Really? Even a generic VR attraction? I would rather have FFL because at least I could dream that something better would take it's place.
The word "generic" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

Record-breaking, highly themed, interactive theme park attraction that utilizes innovative new technology developed specifically for this VR ride? Yes. Generic? No. But hey, what do I know.

I agree, compared to Hogsmede Diagon really could use one more physical ride

I certainly am not expecting a FJ or Gringotts type ride to be able to fit in there for sure, but I feel like a decently sized practical ride could work there

Lol FFL was certainly...a choice...It would just be a shame if we got a VR simulator in its place

All good points, Diagon definitely needs another ride/attraction and space as always is limited, but the last thought was made several times during Fast & Furious construction, now we're stuck with that abomination, on highly valuable, limited land (its a strong word I know, but I really cant stand that ride, what a waste of time, effort, money, talent, IP). Would seem a retheme of the stage area as a Wizarding battle in the alleys of London would produce quite a few butts in seats as well? ‍

Switching up a little bit, what could be replacing this in Epic and why the change up?

Quidditch is impossible. Even if the VR rides let you have a decent amount of interactivity, like Smuggler’s Run, this will still be an on-rails experience. The computing power to let people ply quidditch while on a motion base just is not feasible
I mean, it’s quite feasible. In middle school (mid-nineties) I went to the Air Museum in Central Florida. They had a “dog fight experience” where twelve people “flew” in their own full-motion, one-person simulator against each other in a virtual dog-fight. It was low-res and strictly on a screen, but the combat occupied a 3D space.

That was nearly 20 years ago. Universal absolutely has the ability to amp it up into a full “attraction.”

Last edited:
All good points, Diagon definitely needs another ride/attraction and space as always is limited, but the last thought was made several times during Fast & Furious construction, now we're stuck with that abomination, on highly valuable, limited land (its a strong word I know, but I really cant stand that ride, what a waste of time, effort, money, talent, IP). Would seem a retheme of the stage area as a Wizarding battle in the alleys of London would produce quite a few butts in seats as well? ‍

Switching up a little bit, what could be replacing this in Epic and why the change up?
I never would've said "anything is better than Disaster" though.

I’ll give Universal the benefit of the doubt on this one. It could be really great given their current track record (F&F notwithstanding).

Edit: If it even happens. Let’s keep our pitchforks stayed until confirmed.

The computing power to let people ply quidditch while on a motion base just is not feasible
Not with that attitude

Are they planning on using the Kuka tech on this somehow?

I suppose if we're stuck with a VR attraction it would be interesting to have some kind of dynamic ride vehicle attached to it