(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live? | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not getting into it but I HATE that aspect of this. For so many reasons.
I don't think it's bad that a creator has control of their creation rather than completely sell all aspects to it to a corporation because they wanted to adapt your work. But that's the only part I'm defending and not going further.

Also for Comcast buying DC, doesn't that then add Six flags to the mix? They still create DC-based rides in their parks so they would need to buy the rights back from them, just like Disney when they bought Marvel.

I don't think it's bad that a creator has control of their creation rather than completely sell all aspects to it to a corporation because they wanted to adapt your work. But that's the only part I'm defending and not going further.

Also for Comcast buying DC, doesn't that then add Six flags to the mix? They still create DC-based rides in their parks so they would need to buy the rights back from them, just like Disney when they bought Marvel.
Yes, in the scenario that a deal actually happened, Comcast would have to work with Six Flags by buying out that contract or simply choosing to let the contract expire before they could even think about using it in their own parks.

Why can't they both have the DC rights (universal and six flags). It'll be like Spider-man, the best ride is in Universal Studios, the crappy one at the rat place.

Why can't they both have the DC rights (universal and six flags). It'll be like Spider-man, the best ride is in Universal Studios, the crappy one at the rat place.
Because first of all it's contractual so it'd have to be renegotiated, but second, if you live in Western, Mass and can go ride the Superman coaster at Six Flags New England (a coaster that's only topped by Velocicoaster in terms of intensity at Universal), then what makes the IP special? You want the IP to yourself so that it's in-house and if someone wants to ride a Super-man or Batman ride, they have to come all the way to Orlando or Hollywood.

But again, this type of merger isn't even being discussed, so we should probably hold off on this talk until Comcast actually throws their hat in the ring.

Isn't CNN under WB? Media stuff gets into trouble around news networks and sports networks. Not sure if there are issues on the small # of large studios.

I had heard at one point that some thought CNN should just be its own streaming service or something -- but I doubt any of that (spinning off CNN) would happen until after the Discovery deal closes -- as for a take over (at that point) -- I think AT&T's stock holders get like 70% of the new company -- I just assume that makes it tough for someone to come in and take over but I really do not know -- but yes, one must assume it would be a long time off before anything like that would happen.

Didn’t see this posted yet, so sorry if i missed it, but the demolition permits for the theater were filed on Oct. 5th. New permits and an NoC for some temporary trailers for the displaced entertainment space were filed last week, so it looks like we’ll start seeing some action very soon.

B68.jpg

Didn’t see this posted yet, so sorry if i missed it, but the demolition permits for the theater were filed on Oct. 5th. New permits and an NoC for some temporary trailers for the displaced entertainment space were filed last week, so it looks like we’ll start seeing some action very soon.

B68.jpg

Can you open them and find a Project #?

What’s the capacity suppose to be for this VR attraction ?
Permits seemed to indicate it will have 144 individual broomstick seats. Rumors say small groups will board in small rooms together, so they do not have to run concurrent. I guess you’d have to know ride length + load/unload time to get your answer.

I would look to the Twilight Midnight Ride and extrapolate from there. It’s currently the highest capacity Vr attraction in the world.

Permits seemed to indicate it will have 144 individual broomstick seats. Rumors say small groups will board in small rooms together, so they do not have to run concurrent. I guess you’d have to know ride length + load/unload time to get your answer.

I would look to the Twilight Midnight Ride and extrapolate from there. It’s currently the highest capacity Vr attraction in the world.
Are we thinking this queue is going to have big pre shows, a la Gringotts?

As always I appreciate your insight.

Reactions: Alicia