Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

(Rumor) New Potter Attraction to Replace Fear Factor Live?

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Okay, there's enough smoke with this one to start a thread for it, IMO. Plus the "USF Project" thread is messy as heck.

To recap:
- Multiple sources (Teebin, Disneyhead) have said MoM has gotten the green light for a fast track construction schedule. Teebin says construction should start in 3-6 months.
-IU's own BriMan has also "poured gas on the fire" so to speak. I've also been told it's a done deal.
-HHN27 will be Bill & Ted's last hurrah. According to @Disneyhead, Woodbury wanted the theater gone before the event, but Aiello managed to get the show one last run.
-Few details are known about what the attraction actually will entail. Rumors range from a trackless ride to an interactive walkthrough to a shooter.

Just to get the ball rolling on discussion, I've attached a possible show building size for MoM with comparisons to MIB's show building. To get my layout, Exposition Boulevard, a backstage service road would need to be slightly rerouted, but it shows that the FFL plot isn't all that small potentially.

Attachments

• MIB.PNG
    MIB.PNG
    593.6 KB · Views: 120
  • MOM.PNG
    MOM.PNG
    582.4 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Okay, there's enough smoke with this one to start a thread for it, IMO. Plus the "USF Project" thread is messy as heck.

To recap:
- Multiple sources (Teebin, Disneyhead) have said MoM has gotten the green light for a fast track construction schedule. IU's own BriMan has also "poured gas on the fire" so to speak. I've also been told it's a done deal.
-HHN27 will be Bill & Ted's last hurrah. According to @Disneyhead, Woodbury wanted the theater gone before the event, but Aiello managed to get the show one last run.
-Few details are known about what the attraction actually will entail. Rumors range from a trackless ride to an interactive walkthrough to a shooter.

Just to get the ball rolling on discussion, I've attached a possible show building size for MoM with comparisons to MIB's show building. To get my layout, Exposition Boulevard, a backstage service road would need to be slightly rerouted, but it shows that the FFL plot isn't all that small potentially.
I was literally searching to see if we had a Future of FFL thread to suggest if we start using it. :thumbsup:

So we should be expecting an official closure of Fear Factor sometime in October if its truly going away?

Whoever sells construction walls should be rich with Disney & Uni buying them.

Teebin says construction should start in 3-6 months (added to the first post in the thread), so I assume a closure announcement should come around that timeframe

With the Rumor that they were considering axing B&T so they could start sooner, would they really reopen FFL? I'd think that as soon as HHN is over and they can clean up whatever they want to save, the walls would go up.

Teebin says construction should start in 3-6 months (added to the first post in the thread), so I assume a closure announcement should come around that timeframe

So with 3-6 month timeline to begin construction, Uni would like to keep Fear Factor open during the Holiday season to keep crowds balanced while KidZone is closed. And then FF can shut down with F&F opening lets say March?

With the Rumor that they were considering axing B&T so they could start sooner, would they really reopen FFL? I'd think that as soon as HHN is over and they can clean up whatever they want to save, the walls would go up.

I wouldn't think it'd reopen, but who knows. Maybe they feel like they need it open for the Holidays with T2, Shrek, and most of KidZone potentially closing.

So with 3-6 month timeline to begin construction, Uni would like to keep Fear Factor open during the Holiday season to keep crowds balanced while KidZone is closed. And then FF can shut down with F&F opening lets say March?

I would say FF could shut down immediately after the Holidays if it ever reopens. Jan-early March is super slow.

Every time I have been to Universal FFL has never been open, it doesn't really get that many people in it does it ? Shut it down now and rip the damn thing out and move on :p

T2 and Shrek are the only two closures that would be felt crowd-wise. FFL and the KidZone stuff is all lightly attended. The issue comes with all of them closing at once.

Still, F&F will help when it opens early next year

Oh I understand it is probably a capacity thing but how many people does it really pull in when its available ?

I did the same before starting this, but didn't come across one. Sorry if I missed it, Mods
Best I can tell there wasn't.

Wild uninformed speculation incoming...

Obviously, the Aurors Department Floo Network

But wait, there's MORE!

Courtroom 10

The Puzzle Theater is NOT for Zelda. And as a fan of both, I wasn't fooled for a second. Duh!

latest

Courtroom 10 is where they tried all the Death Eaters after Voldy's first downfall.

The whole thing will be set AFTER book 7 (Yea!!! New JKR written Potter content).

We help the Aurors round up death eaters. And we witness Fenrir Greyback's trial after The Battle of Hogwarts.

Yep, you read that right! 2 new Potter attractions for USF.

Edit: I don't expect Shrek to close before F&F opens because of capacity reasons. (T2, FFL, and KidZone down)

Last edited:
For what it’s worth I’ve talked to a few TM’s at Bill and Ted who work FFL the other part of the year. They claim that they’ve been told FFL isn’t going anywhere for at least a couple more years, and they are expecting to return to those jobs after HHN.

For what it’s worth I’ve talked to a few TM’s at Bill and Ted who work FFL the other part of the year. They claim that they’ve been told FFL isn’t going anywhere for at least a couple more years, and they are expecting to return to those jobs after HHN.

My guess is this was true for a time...but things change, and since D23 a lot of things are changing. They may return to those jobs for a few months, but not more than that.