Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 87 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
First time staying here this fall, was wondering if there’s outdoor seating at any of the restaurants or bars?

First time staying here this fall, was wondering if there’s outdoor seating at any of the restaurants or bars?
Yes, as @Galactus said. A plus is that most of the outdoor seating at Strongwater are soft cushioned sofas and chairs. The 'small plates' at Strongwater are especially tasty. We usually order three small plates for the two of us, and that seems to be a good meal for two with lots of choice.

Just checked in here, room definitely needs a refresh. Lots of dings, scrapes, chips everywhere. I get that it’s a cheaper hotel on property but Cabana Bay was much better maintained when I was there. We’ll see if my opinion improves tomorrow, but so far pretty mid

Just checked in here, room definitely needs a refresh. Lots of dings, scrapes, chips everywhere. I get that it’s a cheaper hotel on property but Cabana Bay was much better maintained when I was there. We’ll see if my opinion improves tomorrow, but so far pretty mid
I stayed for HHN just after they opened and it was the same for me. I guess it hasn't changed much but boats and Strongwater forgives many sins

Well that’s a bummer - staying here for the first time in December after always staying at Portofino sans a single night at Cabana when Portofino was booked.

Reactions: Grabnar and Mad Dog
Just got back from our first time at SF and we really enjoyed it. I definitely see the nicks and bumps of a 10ish year old hotel, but the staff was great, rooms were still in nice shape and clean, great theming and the pool/splash pad area was perfect for my daughter. Would definitely stay again

Just got back from our first time at SF and we really enjoyed it. I definitely see the nicks and bumps of a 10ish year old hotel, but the staff was great, rooms were still in nice shape and clean, great theming and the pool/splash pad area was perfect for my daughter. Would definitely stay again
We liked Sapphire. We stayed there three times. Plus they have the best bar/restaurant on campus. I actually like it better than Royal Pacific. Better restaurants/bar and a better pool. RP only beats it out with us due to the Hotel Express Pass. The only negative about Sapphire, and its a minor nitpick, is the sliding door for the bathroom. I don't think its quite that old though. Ten years would be Cabana Bay.

We liked Sapphire. We stayed there three times. Plus they have the best bar/restaurant on campus. I actually like it better than Royal Pacific. Better restaurants/bar and a better pool. RP only beats it out with us due to the Hotel Express Pass. The only negative about Sapphire, and its a minor nitpick, is the sliding door for the bathroom. I don't think its quite that old though. Ten years would be Cabana Bay.
Long time no talk Mad Dog . We definitely missed our express passes but figured for the time of year and what we’d be able to ride with the little one, they weren’t worth it. We were wrong about time of year, seems a lot busier than I remember it being, but we were still
Ok since our 2 year old couldnt ride a ton.

Reactions: Grabnar and Mad Dog
Long time no talk Mad Dog . We definitely missed our express passes but figured for the time of year and what we’d be able to ride with the little one, they weren’t worth it. We were wrong about time of year, seems a lot busier than I remember it being, but we were still
Ok since our 2 year old couldnt ride a ton.
Good to hear you two have a two year old now. You're good people. Yeah, express isn't really needed at that week of the year. We greatly enjoyed our meetup with you at Portofino during the holidays a few years ago. Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to you and your family. :)

Good to hear you two have a two year old now. You're good people. Yeah, express isn't really needed at that week of the year. We greatly enjoyed our meetup with you at Portofino during the holidays a few years ago. Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to you and your family. :)
Thanks And the same to you! We grabbed APs again for 15 months and just activated so maybe our paths with cross again and you can meet the little one! We had a great time, although MUCH different with a toddler in tow. Think we might pony up for a premier resort for our next stay with our 10 year anniversary coming up next October.

Reactions: Mad Dog
We've always been interested in staying at Sapphire Falls, but we've been content staying at CB and walking over for the boat lol
I hear ya but our one night experience at Cabana was enough for us. Closer walking path which we used heavily because the boats get packed, CBBR was a bit too loud and busy for us, and the food options were much preferred at Sapphire. If we had more kids or additional family members that needed more affordability, I’d happily stay at CBBR again but if it’s just us 3, I think. Sapphire is as low as I would go.

I hear ya but our one night experience at Cabana was enough for us. Closer walking path which we used heavily because the boats get packed, CBBR was a bit too loud and busy for us, and the food options were much preferred at Sapphire. If we had more kids or additional family members that needed more affordability, I’d happily stay at CBBR again but if it’s just us 3, I think. Sapphire is as low as I would go.
Glad you loved it! We may splurge a bit for it at some point.