Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Fascinating, I had never thought about it. Are there truly no balconies at any of the on site hotels? If anything, the hard rock should be nothing but balcony rooms.

I have stayed at the RPR and Portofino. I'm booking my stay at the Hard Rock for the end of September. RPR had no balconies and Portofino had no balconies but our room had a sliding glass door to go outside by the water. From what I'm seeing, it looks like the Hard Rock has no balconies either.

I would think some of these hotels would at least have some premium rooms with a balcony option but I guess not.

Portofino has at least a few rooms (suites, maybe?) with balconies.

Okay, you were right. I just read this on Orlando Informer.

"Portofino Bay is the only on-site hotel at Universal Orlando with rooms that feature balconies – however, these are few and far between. Rooms with balconies cannot be reserved in advance, but may be offered as an upgrade at check-in: $15 extra per night for a “Juliet” balcony and $30 extra per night for a full balcony."

I believe Portofino has apx. 70 balconies. The extra charge must have just recently been added, if OI is correct.. Prior, we would ask for a balcony at check in and always received one at no extra charge. The best was a bay view room/ full balcony with a roof over it, overlooking the Italian singers.

I believe Portofino has apx. 70 balconies. The extra charge must have just recently been added, if OI is correct.. Prior, we would ask for a balcony at check in and always received one at no extra charge. The best was a bay view room/ full balcony with a roof over it, overlooking the Italian singers.

As much as I want to stay there now next month and have a balcony, my girlfriend wants to stay at the Hard Rock. We have done all the on site properties except for Hard Rock. It would be nice to have a balcony with a nice view and to be able to smoke it up though.

Most hotels with balconies in Florida now-a-days you aren't supposed to be allowed to smoke on any more, and you can get nailed for the smoked in room fee. I've never really chanced it so don't know how accurate that is though.

Even though the Hard Rock doesn't have a balcony it does have the ever exciting random cleaning guy in front of your window from time to time. Was hanging out in the room before heading out for HHN one day and all of a sudden I saw something move near the window went and opened the curtains and was looking straight at a guy, one of the strangest experiences ever.

Most hotels with balconies in Florida now-a-days you aren't supposed to be allowed to smoke on any more, and you can get nailed for the smoked in room fee. I've never really chanced it so don't know how accurate that is though.

Even though the Hard Rock doesn't have a balcony it does have the ever exciting random cleaning guy in front of your window from time to time. Was hanging out in the room before heading out for HHN one day and all of a sudden I saw something move near the window went and opened the curtains and was looking straight at a guy, one of the strangest experiences ever.

It's all about being discrete and cleaning up the smell properly.

That must have been pretty funny. I can imagine just hanging in the room and then seeing some guy hanging out cleaning the windows haha.

The last time I stayed at the Portofino I got a free club level upgrade to a balcony room overlooking the main pool. You could see Hogwarts clearly, even when laying in bed. It was great. The club level access was one of the best parts too--got so many free snacks an drinks it really cut down on how much we would have spent there. Although if you have to pay full price for club level its hella expensive.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Looks like the boat maintenance facility will be getting an upgrade as part of this project. Does anyone know if they have purchased additional water taxis or will they be using their existing fleet?

Screenshot%202015-08-05%20at%2010.49.45%20AM_zpstdm07cw9.png

Last edited:
Will this hotel have balconies? Why is there a lack of balconies at the on site hotels?

I can tell you the lack of balconies makes the front desk associates' lives easier. What I would give to not hear daily complaints from those who want a balcony and are either not willing to pay the extra or we are sold out. :lol: