Sapphire Falls Resort | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

UAN17

Rookie
Jul 7, 2015
It looks absolutely gorgeous but I've priced up a trip from the UK and you're talking approx £600 more per person (I'd guess that's roughly $1000) compared to Cabana. I'm not sure if how nice it looks is a good enough reason to book,as I may as well pay an extra few hundred and upgrade to a deluxe and get the unlimited express.

I'll be interested to see how this one goes; maybe they'll add express when they expand ride capacity.

Scott W.

Premium Member
Feb 26, 2014
Glasgow
It looks absolutely gorgeous but I've priced up a trip from the UK and you're talking approx £600 more per person (I'd guess that's roughly $1000) compared to Cabana. I'm not sure if how nice it looks is a good enough reason to book,as I may as well pay an extra few hundred and upgrade to a deluxe and get the unlimited express.

I'll be interested to see how this one goes; maybe they'll add express when they expand ride capacity.
I looked at it a while back and it wasn't much cheaper than Royal Pacific and Hard Rock. I'm sure in a year or two, the price will level out.

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
You can never have enough water features or waterfalls. I'm currently digging to put in another pond on my property. That will make 7 ponds when it's done. I'm as obsessed with water features as Disney is with rock work. :lol:
Another fountain guy? Nice!

Reactions: Mad Dog

UniversalCityFL

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2013
I feel like, compared to the other 4 hotels, this one might have been a little... "creatively rushed" in effort to get more bodies in rooms. For me, it's kind of lacking that je ne sais quoi that makes a good hotel great. "Reminiscent of a leisurely estate in the heart of the tropics" is a weak direction to me. And yes, I'm making this judgement by looking at pictures on the internet :)

Cabana Bay is a tough act to follow in the creative execution department.

UNIrd

Premium Member
Jul 18, 2008
I feel like, compared to the other 4 hotels, this one might have been a little... "creatively rushed" in effort to get more bodies in rooms. For me, it's kind of lacking that je ne sais quoi that makes a good hotel great. "Reminiscent of a leisurely estate in the heart of the tropics" is a weak direction to me. And yes, I'm making this judgement by looking at pictures on the internet :)

Yeah, but Cabana Bay defied all expectations...or at least mine. I expected Universal's Pop Century and got something of much, much higher quality.

Mad Dog

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2013
Pittsburgh area

Yeah, I'm kind of debating it myself. I'll split my Fall vacation with 9 nights at Portofino and 5 nights at either Cabana Bay (which I like a lot) or Sapphire Falls. I can have a suite at CBBR for the same price as a standard room at Sapphire Falls. It's hard to decide. I just might try Sapphire since it's new & I'm curious. But its still up in the air at this point....I'm already booked for May with Portofino & CBBR.

UNIrd

Premium Member
Jul 18, 2008
So based on Disney's tier of resorts, how would you label Cabana Bay?
I agree with how they have it labeled: Value/Moderate, but definitely leans more towards Moderate. Especially since the majority of the resort is those family suites, which run for around $150 at Cabana and $350 at Art of Animation.

Reactions: Mad Dog

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
I agree with how they have it labeled: Value/Moderate, but definitely leans more towards Moderate. Especially since the majority of the resort is those family suites, which run for around $150 at Cabana and $350 at Art of Animation.
FWIW the rooms are much bigger and offer two bathrooms at AoA.

I say the rooms are on level of a Moderate but amenities are more in line with a low level Delux. I mean they have a starbucks, three bars, lazy river, and bowling!