Sapphire Falls Resort | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Sapphire Falls Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cabana Bay is not tropical themed at all. It's based off of Wildwood, NJ which is certainly no tropical paradise.

Whah? 1960's design was not limited to New Jersey. Florida had a ton of it. That said, if it was styled after Wildwood, they would have planted oaks and pines. They didn't. While CB isn't expensive tropical, it certainly is tropical. Real tropical.

A couple of things I think I noticed in the renderings. It appears on the left side of the rendering that a large parking garage is being hinted at, as well as the elevated, climate controlled walkway to the convention center.

SR-X2.png

Isn't that where the convention space will be going at the hotel?

I'm assuming the convention space is the area between the "Parking Garage" and "Walkway to RP" labels.

BTW, I'm pleased to see that the walkway looks enclosed. The Orange County Convention Center has a skywalk going to the Rosen Centre hotel, but it's not closed in or air conditioned, so it's not the most pleasant area to walk through...

I'm assuming the convention space is the area between the "Parking Garage" and "Walkway to RP" labels.

I'm not sure if that's convention space or more parking garage. My impression (which could be wrong) is that all the convention space will be actually over at RP, expanding the space they have (probably where that tent gets set up to expand it now). But it may be they will add new space in both places. They'll need a ton of parking garage space for 1000 rooms as well as convention goers who are not staying at the hotel. There is no other parking area show around the hotel.

BTW, I'm pleased to see that the walkway looks enclosed. The Orange County Convention Center has a skywalk going to the Rosen Centre hotel, but it's not closed in or air conditioned, so it's not the most pleasant area to walk through...

That was mentioned in the release that it would be enclosed and climate controlled.

Cabana Bay’s executive project director Russ Dagon: "We were heavily inspired by Wildwood, New Jersey..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkoVVKZ6S7w

Right... fun, but it ain't landscaped as Wildwood, New Jersey. It just isn't. That said, neither is Sapphire, or Royal Pacific, or Hard Rock or Portofino even.

The most northern themed landscape design I have ever seen in Florida was Camp Mickey Minnie...

shoot me but, i guess for me, i'm looking at how close in proximity the hotels are. yeah, while you are in it, as along as you don't see the other one, its fine. i don't mind Disney having different themes. its just that Disney hotels that have different themes are not right by each other. i'm fine with hard rock and portifino being different because they technically aren't sitting next door to each other. these however are three in a line so if one comes and is a theme in a different world, then its going to clash. CBBR has hues that can be deemed tropical and RP is very tropical. i LOVE variety. frankly i was hoping for them to come out with the Egyptian themed hotel.

The person spreading that on the other site doesn't know what the hell he's talking about

- - - Updated - - -

Walking and buses

I've heard Spirit has been saying the same thing about future attractions getting their budgets reduced since Diagon didn't perform exactly to what they were anticipating...(not that it hasn't been successful, just not as successful as they had imagined).

As for the Waterpark, I still think building it in that small corner is a major mistake. No nearby parking, no room for expansion, backed up against the freeway and Cabana Bay...I just don't like it.

As for the new hotel...like the name and design! (Also wished we were getting that awesome Egyptian themed one though!)

Bit late to the party, but this looks really nice to me! Love the theme, and it looks like it'll be a really photogenic Resort. The name is gorgeous too and just shouts 'relaxation' to me. Will definitely be trying when it opens.

Right... fun, but it ain't landscaped as Wildwood, New Jersey. It just isn't. That said, neither is Sapphire, or Royal Pacific, or Hard Rock or Portofino even.

The most northern themed landscape design I have ever seen in Florida was Camp Mickey Minnie...

You forgot about ET's forest :lol:

I've heard Spirit has been saying the same thing about future attractions getting their budgets reduced since Diagon didn't perform exactly to what they were anticipating...(not that it hasn't been successful, just not as successful as they had imagined).

Yea, that's who I was referring to.

Haha!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Cabana Bay is not tropical themed at all. It's based off of Wildwood, NJ which is certainly no tropical paradise.

Cabana Bay is every bit of Tropical themed.

- - - Updated - - -

THis looks beautiful. The Tropical themes to me are whats needed. They do me no good since I live in Florida but the tons of visitors we get from over the world, they will love it. I think, I think this might be my favorite UOR resort after it gets built. I Think the concept art in stunning!

I had to stay in Cabana bay for a night due to problems at the Royal Pacific and I'd say the theming can be compared to Disneys Pop Century, for anyone that's ever stayed there. 50s-60s nostalgia. I love the Royal Pacific and it's tropica/Hawaiian theming. I also love the fact that there's a walking path to CityWalk. It's more convenient I think to walk instead of waiting for a bus/boat. But at least Saphhire Falls offers the water taxi. Cabana Bay can't do that since it's across the street. That's cool that this new one offers a similar tropical theme. Coming from New York I'm looking for that relaxing feel knowing I'm somewhere far away from home

Cabana Bay draws influence from many sources, mostly the time period it is derived from. For the most part though, all the building aesthetics are themed to New Jersey beach resorts. Obviously, they are going to use lush tropical landscape. Why would you landscape a resort in Florida to a northeastern seasonal beach town that a large volume of your clientele are trying to escape? One thing people from up here almost always need to see on a vacation to a warmer climate is palm trees. This doesn't make the resort tropical.

50s/60s Roadside/Seaside beach motel is the theme. Other than the greenery (which was an obvious choice), nothing screams "tropics" about CB.

Yea, that's who I was referring to.

Yeah where's that Hypercoaster he said was coming to JP? Point being people including myself make mistakes. This budget cut nonsense is exactly that, nonsense...

Cabana Bay draws influence from many sources, mostly the time period it is derived from. For the most part though, all the building aesthetics are themed to New Jersey beach resorts. Obviously, they are going to use lush tropical landscape. Why would you landscape a resort in Florida to a northeastern seasonal beach town that a large volume of your clientele are trying to escape? One thing people from up here almost always need to see on a vacation to a warmer climate is palm trees. This doesn't make the resort tropical.

50s/60s Roadside/Seaside beach motel is the theme. Other than the greenery (which was an obvious choice), nothing screams "tropics" about CB.

The Jersey beachside hotels often had a (what we now consider to be chintzy) fake tropical theme because people vacationing at those resorts couldn't afford a far-away vacation with actual palm trees. So instead you got fake palm trees and pink plastic flamingoes, etc. CBBR takes this theme and pushes it to its limit by making it an actual tropical paradise. :)

Reactions: Jenstar
Yeah where's that Hypercoaster he said was coming to JP? Point being people including myself make mistakes. This budget cut nonsense is exactly that, nonsense...

Everyone can get stuff wrong now and then. Whatever happened to the JP expansion? Or the Lorax ride? Things can change in an instant too. One moment a project may be going forward, then gets its budget slashed, or axed altogether.

I have no reason for concern in future projects right now. As long as Universal keeps up with where they're at currently, they are in a great place with a very promising future.

I can't say the same for Walt Disney World.