Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

I dig the name, and I love the theme and look, which fits well as an extension of RPR, which has my favorite theme of all the on-site hotels. Can't wait to see more! Definitely made my day to see this! :cheers:

So, we got two versions of one of the pieces of concept art. The biggest differences are the color scheme and a structure in the courtyard by the entrance (seen only on the concept art with the warmer colors). Wonder which one is the most current one...

BxGFT89CEAAJoj9.jpg:large

resources_digitalassets_Sapphire-Falls-Rendering_1.jpg

Which one is you guys' favorite?

I dig the name, and I love the theme and look, which fits well as an extension of RPR, which has my favorite theme of all the on-site hotels. Can't wait to see more! Definitely made my day to see this! :cheers:

So, we got two versions of one of the pieces of concept art. The biggest differences are the color scheme and a structure in the courtyard by the entrance (seen only on the concept art with the warmer colors). Wonder which one is the most current one...

Which one is you guys' favorite?

Top one, has more warmth, thus seems more inviting.

I love the water features. I just hope the theming isn't like "cruise ship" theming. All sparkly with an 80s feel.

I'm torn because I like both. I guess it will depend on how much they want to associate it with the Royal Pacific. The more blue design would definitely differentiate it, while the warmer one would tie it in more to the RPR and its design.

BTW, I can't wait to have a drink or a meal in that outdoor area by the waterfall and watch the boats come and go... :cheers:

I'm torn because I like both. I guess it will depend on how much they want to associate it with the Royal Pacific. The more blue design would definitely differentiate it, while the warmer one would tie it in more to the RPR and its design.

BTW, I can't wait to have a drink or a meal in that outdoor area by the waterfall and watch the boats come and go... :cheers:

I would've liked something like wilderness lodge. We already have two resorts that have to do with that "tropical beach" feel.

I like them both but prefer the warmth of the top one.

I can picture the resort having a really relaxed and I certainly see myself chilling out there.

Looks like Uni will be grabbing another chunk of my cash LOL

I love the top one. merges the two color schemes of the Royal Pacific and Cabana Bay. I'm geeked about this. I love construction projects so it gives me yet something else to follow. I love how Universal is putting a lot of thought of theming and quality but also seeing the need for more hotel space that wont break the bank. They could have easily placed a high priced deluxe hotel in that much space. I'm also excited about the new stop on the water taxi tour. I'm getting married at Universal in 2017 and this just solidifies why I'm happy with my choice. I along with my guests will have more options as to where to stay and hang out. Kudos Uni :thumbs:

Rich from Orlando Business Journal brought up it being yet another tropical theme, but we have to look at it like this: The hotel needs to blend in with Cabana, Royal Pacific, AND the water park. A random, disjointed theme in the middle of all of them would be weird.

Rich from Orlando Business Journal brought up it being yet another tropical theme, but we have to look at it like this: The hotel needs to blend in with Cabana, Royal Pacific, AND the water park. A random, disjointed theme in the middle of all of them would be weird.

:iagree: That's why I like the top picture and I appreciate Uni for taking the time to consider all of that instead of plopping something down and painting it a color that's going to make us :doh:

Great point. Also, I personally don't mind the excess of tropical theming for the on-site hotels. I find it really relaxing and pleasant, like a paradise right next to the theme parks.

Great point. Also, I personally don't mind the excess of tropical theming for the on-site hotels. I find it really relaxing and pleasant, like a paradise right next to the theme parks.

Agreed. I would like to see them do their own lodge-type resort, though. Would be a good thing to place on the wet and wild land near the "lake" if they ever decide to build a resort over there.

I love the layout, landscaping as well as keeping some of the water features from the "blue sky" concepts as part of the project. For me the architectural styling is a little too ordinary, at least they appear that way in these concepts. Even CBBR took ordinary elements and transformed them into extraordinary features, and the Deluxe hotels get even more unique from there.

I did want to note that the entrance in the foreground appears to be for the convention center, the main entrance for hotel guests is on the other side facing CBBR. I am not sure if someone mentioned this, but it took me a couple of looks to notice. It does look grand from this angle.

Also with the Water Taxi, the walkways are purposely designed to make it not so convenient for non hotel guests.

I did want to note that the entrance in the foreground appears to be for the convention center, the main entrance for hotel guests is on the other side facing CBBR. I am not sure if someone mentioned this, but it took me a couple of looks to notice. It does look grand from this angle..

I believe that is the bus stop in the foreground as well

Ah! I see the reddish entrance road now! Lining up exactly with Cabana Bay's entrance :thumbs:

Also, it looks like all parking will be in that multi-level parking structure seen to the left. The rendering shows the outdoor parking areas for CBBR, so I don't think they'd omit any outdoor parking for Sapphire Falls. There is that empty area on the top left, but that might be for future expansion.