Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

Here's more about the $150 dining credit:

Guests can be among the first to experience Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and receive a $150 hotel dining credit when they book a four-night stay or longer at Universal Orlando’s newest on-site hotel.

This limited time offer is available when guests book by May 31, 2016 for stays from July 14 to December 15, 2016. The $150 hotel dining credit (per room) can be used toward any dining purchase throughout Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – including room service.

Also, a new Top 6 video:

The one funny thing about both Disney and Universal is their play on Polynesia and the Caribbean starting the clip with coconut palm trees. Both parks have absolutely no coconut palm trees on property. They cannot be grown (outdoors) in central Florida as they will not survive the one or two freezes that happen almost every winter there.

One park, Give Kids the World got cocky 7 or so years ago and planted their pool areas with full grown coconut palms. When I visited for a tour later that spring, they all sat there dead as a door-nail.

Central Florida uses various species of date palms to kinda sorta create the coco palm look although none of them have the trademark curvy trunks.

The one funny thing about both Disney and Universal is their play on Polynesia and the Caribbean starting the clip with coconut palm trees. Both parks have absolutely no coconut palm trees on property. They cannot be grown (outdoors) in central Florida as they will not survive the one or two freezes that happen almost every winter there.

One park, Give Kids the World got cocky 7 or so years ago and planted their pool areas with full grown coconut palms. When I visited for a tour later that spring, they all sat there dead as a door-nail.

Central Florida uses various species of date palms to kinda sorta create the coco palm look although none of them have the trademark curvy trunks.

Yeah we tried growing one, even covered it during the freeze and all, but it was a very bad winter that year with more freezes than normal. It did not survive and my husband gave up his dreams of having a coconut tree. Which I pointed out to him he doesn't even like coconut lol

Yeah we tried growing one, even covered it during the freeze and all, but it was a very bad winter that year with more freezes than normal. It did not survive and my husband gave up his dreams of having a coconut tree. Which I pointed out to him he doesn't even like coconut lol

Now if you just move to the beach you can have c-palms, the water moderates the temps enough they survive on the keys

Now if you just move to the beach you can have c-palms, the water moderates the temps enough they survive on the keys

Yeah, the rule of thumb in Florida is south of Lake Okeechobee. Domino sugar has a massive sugarcane plantation virtually on it's southern shore.

But don't get me talking about plants else a few of you will reach for the nearest firearm. :saywhat:

Yeah, the rule of thumb in Florida is south of Lake Okeechobee. Domino sugar has a massive sugarcane plantation virtually on it's southern shore.

But don't get me talking about plants else a few of you will reach for the nearest firearm. :saywhat:
It could be worse, we could be talking politics. Oh well, I guess some politicians are just "talking coco 'nuts' " anyway (Note: This was a paid anti-political announcement) :lol:

You and my husband would get along. He loves plants and has a fairly large garden in our kind of back yard. Grape vines and everything. He would love if I would let him plant wheat and corn, but nope, way too high lol

Just wanted to clarify this... GKTW is not a "park". It's a retreat that Make-A-Wish participants get sent to when they ask to "go to Disney World". I stayed there as a kid and volunteer there a lot now. They do great work there.

I would argue that to some of the kids minds, it's a theme park and resort. I was looking at it from both their perspective and my perspective as a one time child. It's a fantasmical place of fun to my eyes. I guess we merely have differing opinions.
It's a great resort with lots of small flat rides and activities for the kids. I guess in a way it could be considered a park as i've spent many a day there and there's plenty to do. Just how you want to define what a "park" is.

It still boggles my mind that Universal is able to fill each of these hotels at the same time. How much of this is Potter?

I would guess less than 50% it is just great accommodations and good offerings for the parks. I had a great time at RPR for 10 days over HHN and have spent 4-5 nights at CBBR (hate to drive I-4 at night) so it is convenient and what I need to enjoy the parks.

Booked another 10 days at SFR for HHN 26

Others seem to feel the same and another 5K rooms will not kill the vibe.

Glad to see UOR is coming of age.

I would guess less than 50% it is just great accommodations and good offerings for the parks. I had a great time at RPR for 10 days over HHN and have spent 4-5 nights at CBBR (hate to drive I-4 at night) so it is convenient and what I need to enjoy the parks.

Booked another 10 days at SFR for HHN 26

Others seem to feel the same and another 5K rooms will not kill the vibe.

Glad to see UOR is coming of age.
:agree:I strongly agree. The Universal on site resorts are all excellent and definitely a step above the WDW on site resorts in both value and cost. Plus the ease of access since everything is within a leisurely walk.