Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

It still boggles my mind that Universal is able to fill each of these hotels at the same time. How much of this is Potter?
You have to remember that WDW has over 30K on-site rooms and the only ones that have accommodations similar to Universal (or higher quality) are the Hilton Bonnet Creek, Swan & Dolphin, Waldorf Astoria, and Four Seasons.

WDW, with all of their rooms and much lower overall quality and guest service at their company owned hotels still have stayed around 80% or slightly higher in occupancy.

People just have a general want to stay On-Property and I assume the same goes for Universal now.

:agree:I strongly agree. The Universal on site resorts are all excellent and definitely a step above the WDW on site resorts in both value and cost. Plus the ease of access since everything is within a leisurely walk.
The size of the rooms are also quite a bit bigger than the WDW resorts. The only room at WDW that made me go wow this is huge was the family suite at Old Key West... Baylake Tower had me worried I wouldn't be able to fit my suitcase in the room :p

I just had to find a room for 5/21, looked around the resort and they were all more than CBBR even with the parking?

Seems like a no brainer to stay onsite so I get a shuttle back at 2am. Anyone else going to DA at night without others?

It kind of sucks that they don't include unlimited express pass.
I would think they don't want to water down the value of the hotel express pass. Adding 1000 rooms, which probably translates into 3,000to 4,000 guests, has the potential to lengthen the express lines to where they'd be long like some of the Disney fastpass lines, especially during peak periods.

So when this hotel site comes online, anyone think they'll change the early entry policy in any way?

I would guess in the very least they'll have Kong and Hulk open along with the Wizarded land stuff.

Anyway, I just feel something would have to change when 1K new rooms come online. Would they cut back on the benefit to partner hotels? Would they open more rides?

When @BriMan posted info about a deal for HHN 26, it mentioned early entry into one of the parks (of UOR's choice). When I recently booked a stay, early entry was mentioned as select rides of their chosen. In the past, I think I always saw mention of early entry to the Wizarded World....am I reading too much into this, or do you think early park entry will change this summer from previous years?

So when this hotel site comes online, anyone think they'll change the early entry policy in any way?

I would guess in the very least they'll have Kong and Hulk open along with the Wizarded land stuff.

Anyway, I just feel something would have to change when 1K new rooms come online. Would they cut back on the benefit to partner hotels? Would they open more rides?

When @BriMan posted info about a deal for HHN 26, it mentioned early entry into one of the parks (of UOR's choice). When I recently booked a stay, early entry was mentioned as select rides of their chosen. In the past, I think I always saw mention of early entry to the Wizarded World....am I reading too much into this, or do you think early park entry will change this summer from previous years?

I think early admission was one of the benefits when I booked Cabana Bay a few weeks ago for September. I could maybe see this being a problem further down the line but with 2 HP areas now in Universal, I'm not sure. I don't see them stopping early admission for HP until all the current bookings have passed.

I think early admission was one of the benefits when I booked Cabana Bay a few weeks ago for September. I could maybe see this being a problem further down the line but with 2 HP areas now in Universal, I'm not sure. I don't see them stopping early admission for HP until all the current bookings have passed.

I didn't mean to imply stopping for HP.

Folks staying at Sapphire Falls, CBBR, and booking a package through Universal at a 'partner' hotel all get early park admission. With 1K rooms w/ an average of three guest per room would be 3K folks if the hotel was at 100% occupancy. If 800 of those folks went to early admission, it would add a lot of folks to one area of the park...so I just wonder if they will start to have more things open in that first hour.

I have been there when early entry was at both parks, so I guess that helps in busy times...

In non peak times they usually only have early entry into one of the parks. If it gets too busy they could always add the second park. Now with peak times, I would think they would need to add more non Potter rides if it gets too busy.

I didn't mean to imply stopping for HP.

Folks staying at Sapphire Falls, CBBR, and booking a package through Universal at a 'partner' hotel all get early park admission. With 1K rooms w/ an average of three guest per room would be 3K folks if the hotel was at 100% occupancy. If 800 of those folks went to early admission, it would add a lot of folks to one area of the park...so I just wonder if they will start to have more things open in that first hour.

I have been there when early entry was at both parks, so I guess that helps in busy times...

Ok, I gotcha. I think there's certainly a possibility. As HP starts to get older and plenty of new rides on the way it would make sense. Ideally I'd like to see the whole parks open an hour earlier for guests staying on site or even switch between parks on alternate days.

The big issue could be the Hogwarts Express travelling between parks but that shouldn't add anything compared to what they're already doing.

I've never staying on site before. Is early admission for both HP areas or is it just the one?

Ok, I gotcha. I think there's certainly a possibility. As HP starts to get older and plenty of new rides on the way it would make sense. Ideally I'd like to see the whole parks open an hour earlier for guests staying on site or even switch between parks on alternate days.

The big issue could be the Hogwarts Express travelling between parks but that shouldn't add anything compared to what they're already doing.

I've never staying on site before. Is early admission for both HP areas or is it just the one?
In non peak times it's usually only one.