Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sapphire Falls Resort

It looks absolutely gorgeous but I've priced up a trip from the UK and you're talking approx £600 more per person (I'd guess that's roughly $1000) compared to Cabana. I'm not sure if how nice it looks is a good enough reason to book,as I may as well pay an extra few hundred and upgrade to a deluxe and get the unlimited express.

I'll be interested to see how this one goes; maybe they'll add express when they expand ride capacity.

It looks absolutely gorgeous but I've priced up a trip from the UK and you're talking approx £600 more per person (I'd guess that's roughly $1000) compared to Cabana. I'm not sure if how nice it looks is a good enough reason to book,as I may as well pay an extra few hundred and upgrade to a deluxe and get the unlimited express.

I'll be interested to see how this one goes; maybe they'll add express when they expand ride capacity.

I looked at it a while back and it wasn't much cheaper than Royal Pacific and Hard Rock. I'm sure in a year or two, the price will level out.

Good Morning from Sapphire Falls !

WP_20160319_001_zpsdzbsscnl.jpg

WP_20160319_002_zpsybhc8m0c.jpg

WP_20160319_003_zps3txcni9j.jpg

WP_20160319_004_zpsagyxukod.jpg

I feel like, compared to the other 4 hotels, this one might have been a little... "creatively rushed" in effort to get more bodies in rooms. For me, it's kind of lacking that je ne sais quoi that makes a good hotel great. "Reminiscent of a leisurely estate in the heart of the tropics" is a weak direction to me. And yes, I'm making this judgement by looking at pictures on the internet :)

Cabana Bay is a tough act to follow in the creative execution department.

I feel like, compared to the other 4 hotels, this one might have been a little... "creatively rushed" in effort to get more bodies in rooms. For me, it's kind of lacking that je ne sais quoi that makes a good hotel great. "Reminiscent of a leisurely estate in the heart of the tropics" is a weak direction to me. And yes, I'm making this judgement by looking at pictures on the internet :)

Yeah, but Cabana Bay defied all expectations...or at least mine. I expected Universal's Pop Century and got something of much, much higher quality.

Yeah, I'm kind of debating it myself. I'll split my Fall vacation with 9 nights at Portofino and 5 nights at either Cabana Bay (which I like a lot) or Sapphire Falls. I can have a suite at CBBR for the same price as a standard room at Sapphire Falls. It's hard to decide. I just might try Sapphire since it's new & I'm curious. But its still up in the air at this point....I'm already booked for May with Portofino & CBBR.

So based on Disney's tier of resorts, how would you label Cabana Bay?

I agree with how they have it labeled: Value/Moderate, but definitely leans more towards Moderate. Especially since the majority of the resort is those family suites, which run for around $150 at Cabana and $350 at Art of Animation.

I agree with how they have it labeled: Value/Moderate, but definitely leans more towards Moderate. Especially since the majority of the resort is those family suites, which run for around $150 at Cabana and $350 at Art of Animation.

FWIW the rooms are much bigger and offer two bathrooms at AoA.

I say the rooms are on level of a Moderate but amenities are more in line with a low level Delux. I mean they have a starbucks, three bars, lazy river, and bowling!