1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Scoob! (2020)

Discussion in 'Games, Movies & Sports' started by TheGentTrent, Nov 12, 2019.

1. TheGentTrent

TheGentTrent Member

So, the trailer for what is intended to be the first film in the Hanna-Barbera universe is out. I love the idea of bringing all these old characters back to the forefront, but I fear they're rushing this and pulling a Dawn of Justice/Mummy by inserting too many characters. That, and the voice cast isn't exactly wowing me.

Incidentally, if this can beat the odds and be a hit (which will be a challenge given the slump Warner Animation Group is in), who has the rights to build a new Scooby Doo ride. Do Universal and Six Flags both still have them?

shiekra38 likes this.
  2. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I don't think either of them..properly own the ride rights. Could be very wrong, but I think Universal would have to renegotiate.

Love the trailer, excited to see how it works out.

3. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

This was way cuter than I expected, plus it seems self aware in terms of its humor. Pretty excited tbh!

SeventyOne likes this.
  4. PenguinCowboy

PenguinCowboy Newcomer

I have to say, it looks cute for sure, but I'm just really hung up on the fact they didn't even approach Matthew Lillard about the role of Shaggy; He had such a bond with the role, and frankly he and Casey are the only two Shaggys I have ever cared for. He just was so committed to the legacy of the role, it is a shame he wasn't tapped for it.

I'm sure Will Forte will do fine, it just will take some getting used to, I suppose

5. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

The IKEA joke killed me.

6. alomar

alomar Rookie

It looks cute for sure, but I am also not a fan of some of the voices. As mentioned above Shaggy......is terrible. If you don't have Matthew Lillard......don't do it. Also, Scooby has too many words. Him having full sentences is throwing me off, and the voicing is......bad. Im sure it will do well, but for me growing up with Scooby.....going to pass.

7. AlexanderMBush

As far as Scooby, I talked with @Alicia about it, and it seems like something they're trying to do more and more now with the animated shows and straight-home films when it comes to Scooby's voice.

And as for not having Matthew Lillard, I find it funny considering the same thing happened for when he was first casted as Shaggy, for the original live action Scooby-Doo film. I'm willing to give Forte a chance.

Alicia likes this.
  8. Lucky Planet

Lucky Planet Veteran Member

I wish we knew why they didnt get Matthew a chance. Hes been with the character for so long.
    I really wish we found out their reason for not getting him

Trailer looked wonderful for me

alomar likes this.
  9. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

We're getting (sort of) a Blue Falcon movie. All you millennials with your heretical live-action Scooby Doo take your complaints about Matthew Lillard into a room somewhere, let us old Gen Xers revel in that. I wasn't sure anyone else alive even remembered who Blue Falcon was, let alone that he'd ever get a new movie.

10. Spaulding

Spaulding Member

[​IMG]

11. jseal777

jseal777 Member

With how big retro stuff is in today’s culture I can’t believe they didn’t just try and do an HD version of the original animation/art style.

SeventyOne and Lucky Planet like this.
  12. AlexanderMBush

I'm more excited for seeing how the heck they handle Dick Dastardly, as he's actually being included in the official castlist.

SeventyOne and Lucky Planet like this.
  13. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Veteran Member

Really going all in on this HB universe thing.

AlexanderMBush likes this.