Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Scooter/ECV experience?

Nov 11, 2018
I will be going to Universal with my mom this year. While she can stand and walk for short periods, she has mobility issues and absolutely can't do anything close to the kinds of miles required of Universal. So we're renting a scooter.

This a new experience for my family and I'm desperate to talk with some who has used these before. Can anyone help?

My questions:

- Are the 3 wheel scooters stable? Is there a greater risk of tipping compared to the 4 wheel?

- Are sunshades good or bad? They look like they could cause a problem getting on and off the boat....

- Any tips, tricks or hints?

The four wheelers are recommended for those who are larger. The sun shades seem like they don't do much except block the view.

Thanks! Do you know whether the sun shades fold down? They look like they wouldn't fit on the boat.

My mom isnt large, so I wonder about 3 vs 4 wheel for stability. Any experience with either in the parks?

Thanks! Do you know whether the sun shades fold down? They look like they wouldn't fit on the boat.

My mom isnt large, so I wonder about 3 vs 4 wheel for stability. Any experience with either in the parks?
If your mom has never operated a scooter please rent one at home and practice with it

I do not, my post was a preemptive self defense. So many seem to get on one that morning and expect to navigate a busy park with no issues

...if you have no experience, why even read the thread? Why waste your time responding to not answer the question? :eek:O: Yes, I would like to avoid problems, which is why I am seeking advice from people *who have done this.*

...if you have no experience, why even read the thread? Why waste your time responding to not answer the question? :eek:O: Yes, I would like to avoid problems, which is why I am seeking advice from people *who have done this.*
Sorry you didn't care for my response.

Most of the sun shades don't come off or fold up easily. The three wheelers are much more maneuverable and easier to get around as long as the rider is not overweight for the scooter. The smaller and lighter the scooter, the better for getting around through crowds especially.

Most of the sun shades don't come off or fold up easily. The three wheelers are much more maneuverable and easier to get around as long as the rider is not overweight for the scooter. The smaller and lighter the scooter, the better for getting around through crowds especially.

Thank you!

There's a good in depth article on the Orlando Informer website concerning ride usage for those with disabilities. They cover most every base....Go the the Main Page. Click 'Universal Vacation Planning', a drop down menu will come up, Hit Snapchat....and then scroll down to 'Universal Orlando: Guide to Attraction Assistance for Special Needs Families'. There's a lot of info on ride entrances, procedures, etc. that should be helpful for you.

There's a good in depth article on the Orlando Informer website concerning ride usage for those with disabilities. They cover most every base....Go the the Main Page. Click 'Universal Vacation Planning', a drop down menu will come up, Hit Snapchat....and then scroll down to 'Universal Orlando: Guide to Attraction Assistance for Special Needs Families'. There's a lot of info on ride entrances, procedures, etc. that should be helpful for you.
Oh, awesome! Thank you! I never would have found that.