Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ScreamHouse questions

Mar 11, 2018
Hello. I have been asked by a very persistent contributor at the HHN Wiki to ask this community about ScreamHouse and Screamhouse: Revisted. Namely, does anyone have any detailed information on it? House layout, music, hidden details, triva etc. I have also been told that Legacy would be able to say a lot about it. I don't wish this thread to become links to Art of the Scare however.

I was under the impression that Screamhouse and Screamhouse: Revisited were very similar layouts - more or less a "repeat" with small tweaks/I think one new scene involving a piano?

Legacy would probably know more. I also recall a "red room" where it was possible to take a "wrong turn" and flip around...

I was under the impression that Screamhouse and Screamhouse: Revisited were very similar layouts - more or less a "repeat" with small tweaks/I think one new scene involving a piano?

Legacy would probably know more. I also recall a "red room" where it was possible to take a "wrong turn" and flip around...
About half of Revisited was near identical to Screamhouse. It had a different layout about halfway through.

I can give you a lot information on the original, and some key differences I remember between the two. I don’t have a ton of Revisited details aside from the differences.

Give me some time and I’ll put something together.

Screamhouse (2002) Scene Details -

Façade – The burnt shell of a two-story Victorian manor stands in front of us, framed by trees. Projected on a screen to our left, headlines and photos detailing the grisly findings detail the horrors that took place here. We pass a wagon filled with shrouded bodies on way onto the porch and into the house (turning right)

Parlor – The first room is a small Parlor, lit by a window along the opposite wall. From behind a room partition in the shadowed corner, comes a well-dressed member of Caine’s family. He holds measuring tape, extending it to us to ensure we fit coffins. It spins us, and we take a slight U-turn to the left, then another right and down a photo-lined hall with a stained-glass window at the end.

Viewing Room – We U-turn left at the window then (after a shorter hallway) turn right into the Viewing Room. A closed coffin, covered in decaying flowers, lies in the center of the room. Two other closed coffins sit in the far corners to our left. Suddenly, the coffin in the opposite corner starts to bounce. The chains wrapped around it rattle loud, and draw the attention of an unseen Zombie from behind the piano to your immediate right. The Zombie lunges at you (e-prom scream IIRC), pushing you out of the room into another hall.

Short Hall – To your immediate left after exiting the Viewing Room, the lower extremities of a dead woman hangs from an unseen noose. One of Caine’s Cousins, burst out from the curtain behind the corpse, forcing you to turn right down the hall. (Depending on the cast, this Cousin would actually caress the corpse’s legs like he was in love with her).

Operating/Autopsy Room – The hall leads you straight into the blood caked Autopsy room. A meat slicer sits to your right amid the gore, viscera, and other body parts strewn throughout. Blood-stained curtains obstruct your view. You move forward into a U-turn (left) where another Cousin in a lab coat jerks open a curtain to your right to startle you (depending on the cast, this Cousin would be drinking blood. Spinning from him, you approach a mutilated body on a gurney straight ahead of you. It’s missing an arm and everything below the waist. Nearing him, he jerks his head at you, reaching and thrashing what little remains of his body at you for help. You turn right, avoiding him, but a curtain behind you is ripped away revealing a blood-soaked Nurse. You step past her and turn right, into the freezer.

Freezer – On the wall opposite your entrance to the Freezer hang shelves of body parts: heads, arms, and legs, for safe keeping. As you turn left past them, a Puppeteer reaches one of the arms out to touch you. You complete your U-turn left out of the Freezer. (That was it. But yeah, this house had everything).

Kitchen – You exit the Freezer into the Kitchen, a hellish scene that makes Texas Chainsaw Massacre look Rated-G. Blood, body parts, trash, roaches, rotten food, all sorts of nauseating stuff cover the cabinets, appliances, and floor. To your immediate right as you enter, Papa Caine (Albert’s dad), works on a sausage grinder, using any body parts he can find. You turn right around him, moving between him and the open refrigerator (lined with poorly preserved organs). From behind the refrigerator, Mama Caine lunches at you with a meat cleaver. You turn right to avoid her, and head in to the pantry.

(This was an oddly-shaped room
Kitchen_zpsvuslrt2f.png
You entered the bottom left and exited bottom right. Mama Caine came from the boo-hole up top)

Pantry – The Pantry is a short hall, shelves of canned food to your right. Suddenly, the shelves slide open. Behind them is “Baby Pewey” (actual character name), a grown man wearing a overalls, a bib, and covered in vomit. He belches loudly (e-prom) at you, before slamming the wall closed. You then U-turn to the left, past a pile of garbage bags and into the darkness.

(Fun fact – One night, they were filming the first Grinchmas commercial next to our soundstage, and we ran into a fully-costumed, in character Grinch during our set change. He ran onto the soundstage with us, followed our Baby Pewey, and did a quick scare before leaving. God, I wish I knew the guests who got that one).

Basement/Red Room – Alright, he is where things get difficult. The basement was big and, essentially, pitch black. The diagram below is the best way to describe it. You would enter the bottom left, then essentially have to navigate this who space blind, to exit in the top right. The Red Room (RR) was a torture chamber with strobing red lights that was designed as an “optional path.” There was a guy in bondage gear in here (no really). There was another scareactor at the “U-Turn” at the top who managed a “face wall” (a wall of sewn together faces; the only lit part of the basement proper) on the left and had some oil drums to bang on the right.
Basement_zpswfkvcp7f.png

The openness and darkness was a problem. Guests would enter and start doing circles, either around the support beam in the center of the room, or they’d turn left instead of right after exiting the RR. Some guests spent nearly five minutes in this room alone, repeatedly going through the Red Room. They eventually just closed the Red Room completely, and hid the bondage guy in the basement.

You’d take an immediate left as you exited.

Greenhouse – The turn left puts in to the green house, a rectangular shaped room. A (HEAVY) body, wrapped in cloth hangs to your left and row of plants sits to your right. One zombie hides behind the plants (e-prom), while the other chases you from behind the body. You exit the greenhouse straight ahead, then turn right through a narrow corridor.

Graveyard – Thunder rolls as the storm nears at your exit. The Graveyard features high, mausoleum walls, covered with ivy. Various statues and wrought-iron fencing guide you along a wide curve (to the right) through the space. Shortly after you enter, a Vampire appears from a grave to your left. Then a Living Statue. Then a Zombie (IIRC). Completing the curl, you turn left between a mausoleum and the graveyard wall. A second Zombie burst from the door to the mausoleum. You U-turn to the left around a foreboding statue of a reaper, and through a curtain of ivy. You turn to the right once through the ivy, where the actual Grim Reaper appears beside you (ME!). You rush past, escaping your death, and turn right again, beneath the dangling arms of a Zombie reaching at you from a broken casket. You dodge them, and descend into darkness.

(Midway through the run, a piece of the set across from the Grim Reaper boo-hole broke, forcing me to move into the room with the Grim Reaper. I actually preferred that spot.

Mausoleum – You enter the mausoleum, and a Zombie appears from behind the door to your right, turning you to the left. You complete the U-turn and finally see him – Albert Caine. He beckons you from the end of the corridor. You’re too close before you realize you’re looking at a mirror. The Caretaker lunges at you from you back right, sending you sprinting forward. From above, a loud bang startles you (a pneumatic door slamming shut because… *shrug*). Amid your panic, a final Zombie appears to your left and chases you back into the park.

Last edited:
"Hello this is MadcapFalcone. First of all, I would like to say a Thank you very much to Legacy for supplying desciptive and detailed info about the maze. It must have been quite a trip. With that said I have a few questions regarding this video:

Scream House maze from Island's of Fear (Adventure) HHN 2002 Halloween Horror - YouTube

1. What is the organ music that starts at 0:36? And do you know what the piano song is?

2. Around 2:14 in what i guess is the "Red Room", I think I hear some muttering. Is that something from the maze itself? Do you know what it's saying?

3. I heard rumours that Cindy actually first appeared in Revisited?

4. Mind if I copy and paste this into the wiki page?

(and here's something completely random)

https://scontent.fmia1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/10428083_933460343352277_4413906085977062892_n.png?_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeGNctTSAvR5QpDgV-HWYtbaix_wNqIYI5B3cm_Km0oSgmgzhZpD9ypZwyJW7NG8SKq3rd0WuWA1kd5ivhZW0tBvx48GpRLCo1eGsAK1EZvtuQ&oh=9d9087444d4de920a51ba223a61c128a&oe=5B3EC3C9

Again, thank you VERY much! -MadcapFalcone"

"Hello this is MadcapFalcone. First of all, I would like to say a Thank you very much to Legacy for supplying desciptive and detailed info about the maze. It must have been quite a trip. With that said I have a few questions regarding this video:

Scream House maze from Island's of Fear (Adventure) HHN 2002 Halloween Horror - YouTube
1. What is the organ music that starts at 0:36? And do you know what the piano song is? Yes, it's an organ that was played in the first two rooms. No clue what the song was.

2. Around 2:14 in what i guess is the "Red Room", I think I hear some muttering. Is that something from the maze itself? Do you know what it's saying? That point is actually the Face Wall, the section of the Basement just above the Red Room. The soundtrack had some whispers interspersed with the storm - an occasional "Eeeny Meany..." thing - but most of it you couldn't understand.

3. I heard rumours that Cindy actually first appeared in Revisited? Yes, essentially. In the Revisited kitchen (revamped scene), a young girl who resembles Cindy is caged under the kitchen counters... with her brother.

4. Mind if I copy and paste this into the wiki page? Kinda... but there's little harm in it. Cite me and source it back to the forums.
Am I crazy thinking this whole thing is extremely bizarre.................?
Not at all...

1. What is the organ music that starts at 0:36? And do you know what the piano song is? Yes, it's an organ that was played in the first two rooms. No clue what the song was.

2. Around 2:14 in what i guess is the "Red Room", I think I hear some muttering. Is that something from the maze itself? Do you know what it's saying? That point is actually the Face Wall, the section of the Basement just above the Red Room. The soundtrack had some whispers interspersed with the storm - an occasional "Eeeny Meany..." thing - but most of it you couldn't understand.

3. I heard rumours that Cindy actually first appeared in Revisited? Yes, essentially. In the Revisited kitchen (revamped scene), a young girl who resembles Cindy is caged under the kitchen counters... with her brother.

4. Mind if I copy and paste this into the wiki page? Kinda... but there's little harm in it. Cite me and source it back to the forums.
Not at all...

Do you have any pics of the house? Particularly the autopsy room and some of the maniacs that were in the house?