Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Sea World Abu Dubai (2022)

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
It was officially announced that Sea World will be officially coming to Abu Dubai by 2022.

SWAD---Aerial-View-600x600.ashx

The upcoming marine based park will be the first official Seaworld without the use of killer whales within the park, as the park will be located on the Yas Island.

Are you excited to see what happens? Do you think it'll actually happen? sound off below!!

I can't wait to see what SeaWorld can do with a big budget thanks to the investors, but I'll believe it when I see it. The company has a history of announcing international parks that end up falling through.

Can someone find out the area this takes up and compare it to the current parks?

Damn. Orlando's theme park scene is becoming less and less Unique as Disney, Universal, and now from the looks of it Sea World continue to plop parks down in other countries. Pretty soon, what will be the point in coming to Orlando if someone can go somewhere closer or perhaps stay in their local area to experience the same thing?

Damn. Orlando's theme park scene is becoming less and less Unique as Disney, Universal, and now from the looks of it Sea World continue to plop parks down in other countries. Pretty soon, what will be the point in coming to Orlando if someone can go somewhere closer or perhaps stay in their local area to experience the same thing?

To many extents, theme parks are regional parks on a larger scale. Orlando's market is primarily U.S., Canada, U.K. and South America — all (relatively) close markets than say Japan, China, UAE, Oceania regions. But, most importantly, Orlando is the only place where each of those parks are all within 10 minutes of each other. So best proximity bang-for-the-buck is still Orlando, IMO.

To many extents, theme parks are regional parks on a larger scale. Orlando's market is primarily U.S., Canada, U.K. and South America — all (relatively) close markets than say Japan, China, UAE, Oceania regions. But, most importantly, Orlando is the only place where each of those parks are all within 10 minutes of each other. So best proximity bang-for-the-buck is still Orlando, IMO.
Good point. The distance is also why I don't think Orlando could support another theme park, unless Sea World goes away or one of the Disney Parks goes away. Hopefully my understanding of theme park numbers is all wrong.

Must leave a bit of a sour taste in the mouths of those just fired. Then, I assume this has a lot of capital investment from an Emirates party. Interesting to see if this could affect the future of the other Seaworld parks ...

What interests me THE MOST is the SeaWorld Youtube video above says this will be the "most digitally-advanced SeaWorld park ever built." That lies right in-line with SeaWorld's "Deep See" tech platform that is designed to merge cutting-edge tech (VR/Simulations etc) with traditional rides. I'm intrigued to see what SW creative comes up with at Abu Dhabi as it gives us a hint at the local park potential.

For example, this is an excerpt from a story I'm working on of how I see that merging in an easy fashion (SW prob has a better idea, but we have to wait and find out):
"Imagine having guests with virtual reality goggles enter a temperature-controlled room and be whisked away to the southern-most region of Antarctica and be in the middle of a crowd of emperor penguins. The narrator of the experience discusses how the penguins huddle together to brave icy storms — which are simulated to guests via super-chilled gusts in their simulation room, making them essentially huddle together like the penguins — and how they swim through water and dodge natural predators."

If SeaWorld is trying to focus more on the real-life situations of these animal and walk away from the shows, this platform could be what does it. And Abu Dhabi could be the first peek at how it would work when built from scratch.

I can't wait to see what SeaWorld can do with a big budget thanks to the investors, but I'll believe it when I see it. The company has a history of announcing international parks that end up falling through.

Can someone find out the area this takes up and compare it to the current parks?
As long as the picture is accurate showing the land they will use, I looked it up to compare and it would be most similar in size to SeaWorld San Diego. If you look it up on Google Maps you can clearly see the land.

It's great to see SeaWorld expand their portfolio and work on more sea-themed attractions without featuring the animals themselves. Sea is a great concept for a park and hopefully some of that creativity starts to pop up in the other parks.

I'm very curious how 3-D mapping translates to an attraction. Would that be some kind of Google Earth type thing?

Nonetheless, I'm excited for this park. I hope it'll mean some stellar themed attractions coming to Orlando. Not being a huge coaster junkie, I've never felt the desire to go to SeaWorld Orlando. I hope SeaWorld finds a way to change that.

Someone on Facebook asked if the temperatures would be too hot for the animals in Abu Dhabi and SeaWorld replied with this. Maybe the coasters will be mostly outside like Ferrari World?

"The care and health of our animals is our top priority. As part of that effort, SeaWorld Abu Dhabi will be designed as an indoor facility that will have temperature and environmental controls."