SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Eliminating Plastic Bags | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Eliminating Plastic Bags

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Good for them. I had always amassed a weird collection of theme park plastic bags after visiting one. I think i still have some universal ones from some years back. I don't know why I keep them. Happy to know I won't have to worry about that at Busch Gardens and SeaWorld anymore.

I have a feeling Universal and Disney will follow.

It's probably more of an Animal safety issue than an environmental one. DAK doesn't use lids on their cups, and their straws are made out of paper. I don't see Disney (in general) dropping the plastic bags anytime soon, but I could see them switching DAK over.

It's probably more of an Animal safety issue than an environmental one. DAK doesn't use lids on their cups, and their straws are made out of paper. I don't see Disney (in general) dropping the plastic bags anytime soon, but I could see them switching DAK over.

I know the straws and lids are for animal safety. With Universal pushing the whole Green agenda I definitely think they will convert.

I know the straws and lids are for animal safety. With Universal pushing the whole Green agenda I definitely think they will convert.

If they convert to paper, there are studies showing that a mass conversion to paper is actually worse for the environment, considering the amount of extra paper (trees) needed for a switch.

It's the same thing as if everyone in America suddenly drove an electric car. The amount of electricity needed to power those cars would force power plants to burn MUCH more hydrocarbons than they already do.