SeaWorld Leadership Changes | Inside Universal Forums
  • As the Coronavirus pandemic continues to impact everywhere, we understand our users will have a lot of questions about how it affects the theme parks. We are entering unprecedented waters, and honestly, the answer is either "yea, probably", or "Too early to tell". We just don't know specifics until the theme parks give us an answer. At this time, we're asking to please leave the COVID talk to the appropriate COVID threads, and if something officially and specifically is impacted by a closure, then we can discuss it further in the respective threads. Thank you!

SeaWorld Leadership Changes

Cwoolboy

Veteran Member
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
Seaworld is offering to pay their executive officers 7M over the course of 2 years if they stay till 2022. This after they furlough 90 % of their workers and cut their health benefits. Nice priorities, guys. Seaworld needs to burn.

Cup_Of_Coffee

Veteran Member
Aug 7, 2018
Ive never supported this company and their treatment of animals so I feel for the workers who are laid off/furloughed but I pray Universal or another major company comes in and sweeps them out. They sound beyond scummy and while the coasters look cool I'm glad I've never bothered spending money at a Seaworld park. Again I feel for the workers but if anything is gonna go because of all this, may as well be Seaworld Imo

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
Seaworld is offering to pay their executive officers 7M over the course of 2 years if they stay till 2022. This after they furlough 90 % of their workers and cut their health benefits. Nice priorities, guys. Seaworld needs to burn.
I really think people are misunderstanding this. They are stock options, not cash for the execs. They ONLY get them if they stay with the company for the next two years, so they have a vested interest in making the company successful. This is to offset the pay reductions they are currently taking. It sucks they furloughed their workforce, but with no income coming in and the high overhead of keeping thousands of animals something had to be done.

It's not like they fired everyone just to give bonuses. This is the promise of a future repayment and incentive to stay and make the company a success again when they come out of this.

SeventyOne

V.I.P.
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
I really think people are misunderstanding this. They are stock options, not cash for the execs. They ONLY get them if they stay with the company for the next two years, so they have a vested interest in making the company successful. This is to offset the pay reductions they are currently taking. It sucks they furloughed their workforce, but with no income coming in and the high overhead of keeping thousands of animals something had to be done.

It's not like they fired everyone just to give bonuses. This is the promise of a future repayment and incentive to stay and make the company a success again when they come out of this.

I get it. It's still horrible optics.

Reactions: Clive and GAcoaster

GAcoaster

V.I.P.
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
I didn't want to start a new thread for this yet, but there's now speculation that Hill Path, SeaWorld's majority shareholder, is pushing for bankruptcy. They're also speculating the parks trying to shed their collections of animals to make them more attractive to buyers.

HandsomePete

Rookie
Jul 8, 2019
but there's now speculation that Hill Path is pushing for bankruptcy

Scott Ross :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry, now that that's out of the way... it would be a travesty if they fire sale the animals. They've never been short on places they could sell them but a lot of them might end up in places where they don't get the quality of care they would receive at SW or a top US zoo.

LintemuthStudios

Veteran Member
Nov 7, 2016
Fantastic Worlds
Didn't want to make new thread for this and couldn't find a more appropriate one, but if Seaworld somehow does go under, then I could see Aquatica being picked up almost immediately. Maybe even by Universal. It's a good value purchase, with a great location and almost no connection to the animal controversy. You wouldn't even need to add much to it, SWE has added 4 different major attractions to Aquatica in the last 6 years (Ihu's Breakaway Falls, Ray Rush, KareKare Kurl, Riptide Race).