SeaWorld Entertainment Corporate News (Old Leadership Thread) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Entertainment Corporate News (Old Leadership Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was extremely hopeful of what he could of done, following his previous work at Herschland, but that Manby and SWPR has taken a lot of great missteps. I would like for them to get back up from the issues, but that I just see them going further and further towards the path of bankruptcy.

The company's revenues are down 6 percent to $1.26 billion, compared to $1.34 billion for the same time in 2016. In addition, attendance at the parks is down 5.5 percent to 20.8 million from 22 million during the 2016 fiscal year.

What parks are included here?

At most, I think SeaWorld can only be stabilized under its current financial situation.

The declines in attendance have affected all of their parks except SeaWorld San Antonio. That's a real problem given that their debt load is too high for them to really be able to compete in the Florida and California markets under their own finances. They've done a good job at investing in the parks with the budgets that they have..., but you'll have a new Universal park in Orlando soon, and you have massive Disney upgrades coming across the board. California is as competitive as ever between DL, USH, Six Flags, Knott's...

A regional group of parks that earns $60 per customer is where SeaWorld is, but that's not really going to work if they have to invest heavily in the parks at the same time.

They really need to consider a sale to a cash-rich corporate owner, or a restructuring like Six Flags went through around 2008 when they cut their debt load significantly from $2.8 billion to around $1 billion, which has allowed Six Flags to reinvest in their business and thrive over the past decade.

If SeaWorld was able to cut their debt load from $1.6 billion down to $600 million, they'd be able to reinvest over the long-term, especially as interest rates rise in the US. It's either that or a sale to a cash-rich corporate owner.

Why does everyone keep talking about bankruptcy? The company is nowhere near it.

An interesting move, I thought they would've give him another year.

SeaWorld was saddled with debt from the purchase from InBev. As such it is highly leveraged. If it’s debt to earnings reaches a point they would default on their debt and go bankrupt.

To suggest the company is nowhere near it is ignoring the facts.

I really, really hope Hulk isn’t the only B&M in FL come a few years. That’s kind of an extreme scenario, of course, but including the BGs, I’m not sure who would want to buy any of these parks (aside from SWSA) at this point.

SeaWorld was saddled with debt from the purchase from InBev. As such it is highly leveraged. If it’s debt to earnings reaches a point they would default on their debt and go bankrupt.

To suggest the company is nowhere near it is ignoring the facts.
If you look at it from a non managerial and purely numerical standpoint, you are correct that a bankrupt SeaWorld (whilst not likely) is a possibility worth considering.

However, in reality, there are so many things that management can do to avoid this scenario. Whether that be debt restructuring, more agressive operational cost savings etc, the list goes on. SeaWorld will not go bankrupt.

The only way SeaWorld will go bankrupt is if management just sit there and take no preventative action.

The only way SeaWorld will go bankrupt is if management just sit there and take no preventative action.

That's...not necessarily true.

Seaworld may take actions, sure, but that doesn't mean that there can't be negative effects done that may accelerate bankruptcy to occur. It's just more of a game of checks and balances as I would wager.