Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Entertainment Corporate News (Old Leadership Thread)

The best GMs of parks/park managers are out in the parks as much as possible IMO, talking to guests and employees and really getting a sense of what they are thinking and feeling about the experience. They should also have that front line experience and understand the business from the bottom up.

With Reilly as CEO and Jim Dean running SWO, I think they are in really good hands as both leaders have done well with the Busch Gardens parks and know the business on all levels.
I never realized how well the Sea World and Busch were run until they started to get rundown...I really miss the AB days

Although, there are still nods to that mindset coming back

I've said this before, but I have made lots off off seas. I've about it twice when it went below 12 and sold at 20. I'm not that greedy. I do have a little in my self managed theme park basket I have play with. I got in on Six Flags when it was in the 20 to 21 range but should have got it when it had just left bankruptcy before 10. If someone bought up all kinds of theme park stocks in 2010, they be way outperforming the overall market. I think it plateaus some, but it can drop 20 percent in a day and I'm so far ahead, I 'll and count my dollars and wait for the bottom.

Ask me how happy I was when Airbus bought into Bombardier's CS series and landed a Jet Blue order. I had bought it at under a buck US.

Well, even with things going on the up and up...John is heading right out the door!

I'll admit this is a bit of a puzzler, things are turning around and someone who was probably a factor to it is straight-up leaving. Though as Hyde is speculating, what if he was passed over in becoming the CEO?

I've been looking at the three park presidents leaving in the past few months as clashes with the new CEO. Six Flags had similar issues when the CEO was replaced and wanted to take things in new directions.

Sounds like this CEO resignation is a positive move. He sure sounded like he was tearing the company apart....in a bad way.....A shame since Reilly had turned things around in a positive way.
It seemed his vision was not appropriate for Sea World Parks