SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Outside of Chimelong Ocean Kingdom and it's expansion, there are some plans that look amazing for ocean centered theme parks there and they include ocra shows cause China isn't a bastion of sjws cause they'll kill you......with tanks. So, remember that PETA people with your Chinese goods.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
Was at SWO yesterday, got a chance to ride Wild Arctic and wow, this ride is really in rough shape. The exhibit is still fantastic yet, the ride portion screams early 90s. I really think with the success of Avatar's Flight of Passage, Soarin' and all of the media rides at Uni, I think they should replace the ride portion with a suspended theater by either Dynamic Attractions or Falcon's Treehouse (who created TurtleTrek). Freshen up the exhibits a little bit and replace the exterior of this attraction and they could market this thing as a completely new experience.

SeaWorld also seems to like to tie in a theme with all of their rides as of late, Mako being ending shark finning, Infinity Falls is about conserving water, a refresh of Wild Arctic could show people how our ice caps are melting and causing habitat loss for animals like polar bears. Just my two cents, but I think this is long over due and should come as their next big attraction. They've been building up a really strong portfolio as of the past few years and this would be a welcome addition.

Reactions: Journey_On
I was there last Saturday and the ride portion was quite rough on Wild Arctic. All the seats were full so it was weighed down with guests. Had I not had the seat belt on I may have ended up in the row in front of me with all the shakiness of it. I agree it's also VERY dated and needs a good refresh.

Here's a thought about a replacement. Busch Gardens Williamsburg is completely doing an overhaul of it's simulator theater for 2018. The ride itself will be called "Battle For Eire". It will be a 360 degree VR experience. I could see something like this done in Wild Arctic, with the Arctic theme of course. It would also be on someting better designed for VR...a simulator.
Here's a link to Battle For Eire: New Ride Attraction in 2018 Battle For Eire | Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I think Battle for Eire looks really interesting and a way better replacement for Corkscrew Hill than Europe in the Air was. My only gripe if they brought that to Orlando would be it doesn't solve the problem of the outdated simulator. I think they should just scrap the ride portion completely, Wild Arctic lends itself better to a flying theater. I think a SeaRescue ride would be better as simulator/VR simulator.

Was at SWO yesterday, got a chance to ride Wild Arctic and wow, this ride is really in rough shape. The exhibit is still fantastic yet, the ride portion screams early 90s. I really think with the success of Avatar's Flight of Passage, Soarin' and all of the media rides at Uni, I think they should replace the ride portion with a suspended theater by either Dynamic Attractions or Falcon's Treehouse (who created TurtleTrek). Freshen up the exhibits a little bit and replace the exterior of this attraction and they could market this thing as a completely new experience.

SeaWorld also seems to like to tie in a theme with all of their rides as of late, Mako being ending shark finning, Infinity Falls is about conserving water, a refresh of Wild Arctic could show people how our ice caps are melting and causing habitat loss for animals like polar bears. Just my two cents, but I think this is long over due and should come as their next big attraction. They've been building up a really strong portfolio as of the past few years and this would be a welcome addition.

You do know that polar bear numbers are increasing right?

They are resilient, Mammoths not so much.

I been a fishing for a long time, last count 40 years. Dad was professional guide on the Mississippi. We used big ass block ice for the coolers back in the the day. We didn't have fancy tailed Yeti or Pelican coolers. We had the old school Orange Gott coolers with the white lids. We did we use block ice? The bigger the piece of ice the longer it lasted. Smaller pices simply melt faster. The Earth has been meltin since the end of the past ice age. It's gone through some periods of warm and cold spells but the general trend is melting. As that's happened the big blocks.of ice have got smaller. The smaller they get, the faster they will melt. Humans or no humans, Earth's Glaciers and the ice have been receding for a looooooooong time and species evolve or come and go. Only we humans think we can just press pause on the Earth.

Reactions: Andysol
They are resilient, Mammoths not so much.

I been a fishing for a long time, last count 40 years. Dad was professional guide on the Mississippi. We used big ass block ice for the coolers back in the the day. We didn't have fancy tailed Yeti or Pelican coolers. We had the old school Orange Gott coolers with the white lids. We did we use block ice? The bigger the piece of ice the longer it lasted. Smaller pices simply melt faster. The Earth has been meltin since the end of the past ice age. It's gone through some periods of warm and cold spells but the general trend is melting. As that's happened the big blocks.of ice have got smaller. The smaller they get, the faster they will melt. Humans or no humans, Earth's Glaciers and the ice have been receding for a looooooooong time and species evolve or come and go. Only we humans think we can just press pause on the Earth.

Not to steer this thread too off track, but it's the alarming rate of which the ice is actually receding, and the very well established fact that the Earth is getting warmer than it should be. Even if the temperature is increased by one degree, it has so much impact. The Earth does go through changes, yes, but it's the speed in which it's changing that's the problem. It's going too fast to leave anything to adapt like the Earth normally does.

Not to steer this thread too off track, but it's the alarming rate of which the ice is actually receding, and the very well established fact that the Earth is getting warmer than it should be. Even if the temperature is increased by one degree, it has so much impact. The Earth does go through changes, yes, but it's the speed in which it's changing that's the problem. It's going too fast to leave anything to adapt like the Earth normally does.

And yet in the near past they admitted that it wasn't warming near as fast as the their models had predicted. Besides there could be benefits such as some greening of deserts as has already been seen in some instances. Somenpla es will get more arrid. Funny , I visited the Petrified Forrezt last year. That part of Arizona was once a lush, boggy forrest. Who knew? Again, you are subscribed to the thought that humans can create some sort of status quo, the Earth begs to differ every day.

I was taught the Lower Manhattan was going to under water by now back in the 80s. Miami too. Nope, not yet. The dire sea rise predictions seem to be always off a bit.Yet, I'm still bombarded with the same tells of pending doom. Maybe Humans shouldn't live at the water's edge. Every time there's some hurricane that wipes out homes, inevitably 5 years later they'll be more home there for the next to do even more damage. Better yet, why do we subsidize the stupidity with gov't aid to rebuild and go in debt just to sit around and wait for it to happen again. Too much of 'climate science' can be traced to where the grant money comes from. I remember Matt Damon's little anti fracking manages full of falsehoods being bankrolled with middle east money. You know how much the Middle Eat and Russia has pumped into the anti fracking movement. Billions by now. Are there issues with some aspects of fracking, yep. But, nothing that can't be overcome with more innovation.

I'm off this soap box, reply if you want, I'm done.

When will SeaWorld put in the Zamperla Flat ride package for the the revamped Kiddie area. I know it's coming.

And yet in the near past they admitted that it wasn't warming near as fast as the their models had predicted. Besides there could be benefits such as some greening of deserts as has already been seen in some instances. Somenpla es will get more arrid. Funny , I visited the Petrified Forrezt last year. That part of Arizona was once a lush, boggy forrest. Who knew? Again, you are subscribed to the thought that humans can create some sort of status quo, the Earth begs to differ every day.

I was taught the Lower Manhattan was going to under water by now back in the 80s. Miami too. Nope, not yet. The dire sea rise predictions seem to be always off a bit.Yet, I'm still bombarded with the same tells of pending doom. Maybe Humans shouldn't live at the water's edge. Every time there's some hurricane that wipes out homes, inevitably 5 years later they'll be more home there for the next to do even more damage. Better yet, why do we subsidize the stupidity with gov't aid to rebuild and go in debt just to sit around and wait for it to happen again. Too much of 'climate science' can be traced to where the grant money comes from. I remember Matt Damon's little anti fracking manages full of falsehoods being bankrolled with middle east money. You know how much the Middle Eat and Russia has pumped into the anti fracking movement. Billions by now. Are there issues with some aspects of fracking, yep. But, nothing that can't be overcome with more innovation.

I'm off this soap box, reply if you want, I'm done.

When will SeaWorld put in the Zamperla Flat ride package for the the revamped Kiddie area. I know it's coming.
You need better news sources.

I just hope that with the odd finances etc., that the 5-year plan is still a thing. For 2020, last major year, I'd love to see something akin to Cheetah Hunt.

It looks like Merlin may be buying (or merging with) ALL the parks. On the surface this seems like a great fit for both companies. Both San Diego and Orlando have Legoland and SeaWorld parks and can create great synergy for pass sales. Merlin is already the #2 park company in the world and the addition of SWP&E just cements that position with ~80 million (~60 from Merlin and ~20 from SW) guests per year versus #3 Universal ~50 million guests per year and #1 Disney with ~140 million guests per year.

FT and Bloomberg are reporting that Merlin initially wanted to buy parts (Busch?) but SeaWorld doesn't want to split up the company.

Theme Park Insider is saying that Merlin's corporate policy would stop them from buying the animal parks, which is nonsense.

If Merlin does buy the whole chain, I would expect to see the SeaWorld brand take over their aquariums within a year and a ton of synergy. Use the aquariums to drive traffic to the parks.

If they just buy Busch Gardens, Merlin will have an Orlando presence. I can't imagine them trying to go head to head with Disney World and Universal Orlando. Instead, they'll probably turn Busch Gardens into a nicer version of Six Flags.

FT and Bloomberg are reporting that Merlin initially wanted to buy parts (Busch?) but SeaWorld doesn't want to split up the company.

Theme Park Insider is saying that Merlin's corporate policy would stop them from buying the animal parks, which is nonsense.

If Merlin does buy the whole chain, I would expect to see the SeaWorld brand take over their aquariums within a year and a ton of synergy. Use the aquariums to drive traffic to the parks.

If they just buy Busch Gardens, Merlin will have an Orlando presence. I can't imagine them trying to go head to head with Disney World and Universal Orlando. Instead, they'll probably turn Busch Gardens into a nicer version of Six Flags.

I think that may be more of a problem for those LEGOLand parks next to SWO and SWSD, as it could cause confusion.

If I had to guess, they may do a name change and a new slate with a acquirement, to get the stigma of that name out of peoples memory for SeaWorld.

Reactions: Disneyhead