Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Blackfish can’t be the only thing behind the company’s woes. What’s going on?
Blackfish is a part of the problem (made worse by Sea World PR)...But they also don't have much to offer beyond the controversial shows...

IMO, that why BGT is still doing alright

If only cedar point were located in a year round climate like orlando.

I'd be interested to see how Cedar Point did in Orlando...or even Florida

Blackfish is a part of the problem (made worse by Sea World PR)...But they also don't have much to offer beyond the controversial shows...

IMO, that why BGT is still doing alright

I'd be interested to see how Cedar Point did in Orlando...or even Florida

You can spend an entire day at SWO without watching a show. Besides, the shows are popular, they often fill to capacity even on days when the rides have less than 10 minute waits.

Doing a vacation to Florida in 2018 from the UK and for the first time ever I'm not visiting Disney or Universal, just SeaWorld & Busch Gardens. Disney & Universal can get boring really quickly!

Last edited:
You can spend an entire day at SWO without watching a show. Besides, the shows are popular, they often fill to capacity even on days when the rides have less than 10 minute waits.

Doing a vacation to Florida in 2018 from the UK and for the first time ever I'm not visiting Disney or Universal, just SeaWorld & Busch Gardens. Disney & Universal can get boring really quickly!

I live 90 minutes from Orlando & Tampa and haven't been to any Universal or Disney Parks since 2008. I really have no desire to...lol I'd prefer to go to the Fun Spot parks over them. The only Disney park I've been to is Animal Kingdom in '08, and that was before I moved to Florida. The last time I went to Universal was Dec. '08 when I had an annual pass (expired March '09). I've been a Busch/SW pass member since 2007 and go a few times a year to each...some more years than others.

I live 90 minutes from Orlando & Tampa and haven't been to any Universal or Disney Parks since 2008. I really have no desire to...lol I'd prefer to go to the Fun Spot parks over them. The only Disney park I've been to is Animal Kingdom in '08, and that was before I moved to Florida. The last time I went to Universal was Dec. '08 when I had an annual pass (expired March '09). I've been a Busch/SW pass member since 2007 and go a few times a year to each...some more years than others.
Just curious but how did you find an online Universal and Disney fan site like this?

Well I originally joined when it was Orlando United. And yes, this is the most active forum site currently for BGT & SWO at the moment...at least with more local people. The only other one that gets any kind of discussion is TPR. As far as Universal goes, I loved going pre-Potter (btw: not at Potter fan), especially during the Christmas season. With all these screen based rides that keep coming out, I've lost the desire to go. The loss of DD put the nail in the coffin on returning any time in the foreseeable future.

Well I originally joined when it was Orlando United. And yes, this is the most active forum site currently for BGT & SWO at the moment...at least with more local people. The only other one that gets any kind of discussion is TPR. As far as Universal goes, I loved going pre-Potter (btw: not at Potter fan), especially during the Christmas season. With all these screen based rides that keep coming out, I've lost the desire to go. The loss of DD put the nail in the coffin on returning any time in the foreseeable future.
Got it...I used to be a member of Florida Thrills Forum back in the day, which had a huge BGT and Sea World following..

Both San Diego and San Antonio are getting a duplicated version of the Sesame Place daily daytime parade. I wonder why Orlando isn't getting it? Could it have something to do with the SWO's tiny paths?

Both San Diego and San Antonio are getting a duplicated version of the Sesame Place daily daytime parade. I wonder why Orlando isn't getting it? Could it have something to do with the SWO's tiny paths?
Orlando doesn't have a sesame street area yet, San Antonio & San Diego do.

SWO's problems are:

1)Harry Potter & soon to be Star Wars
2)Increasing on site accommodation at Universal & Disney
3)Blackfish

I don't disagree with any of these, but it's not all external factors. Rode Antarctica again yesterday--friend and her kid, first timers, decided it is the worst ride in Orlando. I didn't even subject them to Turtle Trek or Wild Arctic. And they got off Atlantis just confused, tho they quickly surmised that previous effects were not working. That leaves three rather intense coasters and a kiddie land. That line-up is going to alienate a lot of the Orlando market. Plus operations at that park are just rock bottom.

Orlando doesn't have a sesame street area yet, San Antonio & San Diego do.

If I'm not mistaken though, SeaWorld is using Sesame Street characters in Orlando already, for shows and meet & greets.

Regardless if they are waiting for the land, they already have those characters integrated into the Orlando park, and that I smell more of the reason that it may not be in Orlando's budget this year, due to Infinity Falls being a first of a kind for Intamin; and most likely having a good price tag (almost similar to how Silver Dollar City is spending 25+ million on Time Traveler, which is a first of a kind in it's own right too).

I don't disagree with any of these, but it's not all external factors. Rode Antarctica again yesterday--friend and her kid, first timers, decided it is the worst ride in Orlando. I didn't even subject them to Turtle Trek or Wild Arctic. And they got off Atlantis just confused, tho they quickly surmised that previous effects were not working. That leaves three rather intense coasters and a kiddie land. That line-up is going to alienate a lot of the Orlando market. Plus operations at that park are just rock bottom.
Before Mission Bermuda Triangle there were no big rides at SeaWorld. I remember when just shows and animal exhibits were enough to keep that park popular.

SWO's problems are:

1)Harry Potter & soon to be Star Wars
2)Increasing on site accommodation at Universal & Disney
3)Blackfish

SeaWorld San Antonio is doing well because it only has one of the three problems.

Nevertheless, we must not forget that SWO still pulls crowds that some parks could only dream of.

My wife and I have been to Orlando three times since the fall of 2014. Of those three trips, we had spent at least 50% at universal, and the remaining time at Disney or shopping days. We could have easily gone to Seaworld during any of those trips. But, I had watched Blackfish before our trip in 2014 and now refuse to give my money to a place that treats their animals and employees like that. Make no mistake, Blackfish did MAJOR damage to SWO. I can't be the only person to see that film and make a pledge not to give them business. If I'm not mistaken, there is a direct correlation between when that film took off, and when their revenues really tanked.

My wife and I have been to Orlando three times since the fall of 2014. Of those three trips, we had spent at least 50% at universal, and the remaining time at Disney or shopping days. We could have easily gone to Seaworld during any of those trips. But, I had watched Blackfish before our trip in 2014 and now refuse to give my money to a place that treats their animals and employees like that. Make no mistake, Blackfish did MAJOR damage to SWO. I can't be the only person to see that film and make a pledge not to give them business. If I'm not mistaken, there is a direct correlation between when that film took off, and when their revenues really tanked.
While it definetely contributed, bad management had caused revenues to slide prior to Blackfish. I don’t think anyone is stupid enough to think Blackfish did nothing to the company.