SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sea World is not going under folks. They've simply had to change how they operate. They used to fight for #2 in Orlando alongside Universal behind WDW in vacation days. Now, they rely very heavily on locals. I think they realized they would never be able to compete when Antarctica opened and was met with horrible reviews across the board. They simply don't have the budget or creative talent that UC and WDI do to create breathtaking dark rides.

If there's one thing Sea World does right, it's Christmas.

If there's one thing Sea World does right, it's Christmas.

Of their seasonal events, I've only done Electric Ocean and Christmas and absolutely loved them both. And hey, if Epcot can stave off attendance drop-offs via festivals, why can't SeaWorld?

Reactions: Alicia
Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider, has a nice story (A Parable About How to Lose Friends And Discourage People)on his site today. And, of course, it's about Sea World.

Only thing Sea World needs is a nice drop tower, a pirate ship flat, a top spin and a family coaster like Cobras Curse and your back in business.

Still would be a lot of infrastructure and staffing issues, but agreed this would go a long way. At least it would show they finally have a plan and are trying to implement it.

They’ve now added Busch Gardens back to this. If anything this tells us they seem to be very indecisive right now. Canceling something and then a couple weeks later bringing it back.

I’m now leaning a little more toward not canceling my pass. Now if they can just bring the dining plan back I’ll be definitely in for another full year.

They’ve now added Busch Gardens back to this. If anything this tells us they seem to be very indecisive right now. Canceling something and then a couple weeks later bringing it back.

I’m now leaning a little more toward not canceling my pass. Now if they can just bring the dining plan back I’ll be definitely in for another full year.

Well I mean when I went to Seaworld in the Summer it felt packed, and there were a lot of tourists there. I wonder if the cancellation of the Flex pass is hurting sales though
Flexticket is still being sold by loads of companies, it's just not called flexticket anymore :)

Went to Seaworld yesterday and at park opening (10 AM) it was a nightmare to get in, as the lines to get through security went almost 'till the guest drop off area at the front, took 20 minutes to get in. Only a third of the turnstiles were open, though once past security, there was about no wait to get through the turnstiles. Park was not really that busy though. Did hear there were a lot of groups.

Yeah I’ve been two days this month, once on a Wednesday and once on a Thursday. The park was very busy for what should be the slow season and weekdays. It’s really annoying having to wait in lines in a park that’s supposed to be going out of business.

Park is rammed today, Shamu & Dolphin stadiums at full capacity, Mako on 80mins, Kraken 45mins, Manta 65mins, Antarctica 70mins. Definitely not going out of business if today is anything to go by :p