SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is the Jet Rescue Idea dead?

Also, will there ever be a return to Manta-like theming? Mako was a disappointment.

SeaWorld is at its best when a simple thrill ride is given a well-themed queue with integrated animal exhibits. This is the only direction I want to see them going in the future. The sooner Sea World becomes Marine Busch Gardens, the better.

I'd rather not have Jet Rescue come to Orlando It totally ruined SW San Antonio's waterfront and the ride looks ugly in general.

However, if the were to extend the waterfront and give the coaster better theming, I'd be all for it.

I'd rather not have Jet Rescue come to Orlando It totally ruined SW San Antonio's waterfront and the ride looks ugly in general.

However, if the were to extend the waterfront and give the coaster better theming, I'd be all for it.
I don't love that look either from what I've seen. I don't want Wave Breaker though.

I want a cross between Jet Rescue (AUS) and Manta (SD). Not really sure what happened with Wave Breaker, but it looks like a slightly disappointing ride. Jet Rescue is tiny, but looks so much more forceful and fun. The turns look more sharply banked and the number of element transitions in that small space is kind of impressive. I want a family thrill ride with the height and launches of Wave Breaker, the neck snapping transitions of Jet Rescue, and Manta's theming and air time moments. I'd get rid of Wild Arctic for it, but the park does need to keep indoor attractions.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Wave Breaker is actually a really good ride, not at all forceful or intense but it is so much fun and great for families.

However, SWO is getting Infinity Falls in 2018 and Sesame Street in 2019, that's two solid years of significant investment in family attractions. I personally would hope for something more thrilling for the next big ride, perhaps a Mack launch coaster similar to Helix or Icon which are both incredible rides. A launch coaster would fit SWO really well. I think there is space for it if the station went near Mango Joe's and the layout snaked over the education pavillions and perhaps even the car parking ticket booths.

Reactions: Dhdhddh
Wave Breaker is actually a really good ride, not at all forceful or intense but it is so much fun and great for families.

However, SWO is getting Infinity Falls in 2018 and Sesame Street in 2019, that's two solid years of significant investment in family attractions. I personally would hope for something more thrilling for the next big ride, perhaps a Mack launch coaster similar to Helix or Icon which are both incredible rides. A launch coaster would fit SWO really well. I think there is space for it if the station went near Mango Joe's and the layout snaked over the education pavillions and perhaps even the car parking ticket booths.
I'd really love for them to get an Intamin launch...Perhaps like Manta at San Diego (??)...Just reskinned and themed to something else...Hurricanes/Storms/IDK haha

^Manta at SD is a Mack.

I agree that a launch coaster would be a good fit and the next logical choice considering recent additions to other parks. While we're getting Sesame Street next year, I would see the next coaster being more family friendly with around a 46-48" height requirement for older children that won't be interested in SS. Something like the SD Manta or Wave Breaker would fit that bill (both of those have 48" height restr.). The only coaster those under 54" tall can ride is the Zierer coaster (formerly known as Shamu Express-soon to be renamed). JTA is technically a coaster, but most just see it more like a log flume style attraction outside the enthusiast world.

^Manta at SD is a Mack.

I agree that a launch coaster would be a good fit and the next logical choice considering recent additions to other parks. While we're getting Sesame Street next year, I would see the next coaster being more family friendly with around a 46-48" height requirement for older children that won't be interested in SS. Something like the SD Manta or Wave Breaker would fit that bill (both of those have 48" height restr.). The only coaster those under 54" tall can ride is the Zierer coaster (formerly known as Shamu Express-soon to be renamed). JTA is technically a coaster, but most just see it more like a log flume style attraction outside the enthusiast world.
I've been mixing up Mack's with Intamin's and vise versa recently haha

I wouldn't be, if people are staying closer, they are more likely to walk over and go to I-Drive, Sea World, etc
I think the real problem and this is the problem that Universal has faced also is that the more parks a resort has the cheaper it is. It's hard to compete with Disney and now Universal for that extra day when it may only cost $10 versus almost $100 for SeaWorld.

Reactions: Disneyhead
I think the real problem and this is the problem that Universal has faced also is that the more parks a resort has the cheaper it is. It's hard to compete with Disney and now Universal for that extra day when it may only cost $10 versus almost $100 for SeaWorld.
The budget cuts are also creating an operations problem. I recently gave up my annual pass to SeaWorld. I was there at rope drop and planned on 4 rides. All four rides were closed.

I went to guest relations and they blew me off. No apologies. No taking of a complaint. No documenting it. Nothing. My opinion at that point was SeaWorld had given up on me so I gave up on them.

I consider SeaWorld the best park for walking around and enjoying the atmosphere. Trouble is that's not all I want to do in a theme park.