Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Orlando's Future Plans

Nick Varney CEO Merlin Entertainments Group: China, brands | blooloop

It looks like Merlin is/was interested in BGT and BGW.

Quote from the article: "Varney says the group is always keen to look at potential theme park assets. “We’re always on the lookout, always in the market,” he says. They are not looking for small businesses. They are looking for resort theme park attractions that could be turned into successful national short break destinations. “It’s the reason we were in the market for Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and Tampa. They are assets that would fit very well in our group""

Nick Varney CEO Merlin Entertainments Group: China, brands | blooloop

It looks like Merlin is/was interested in BGT and BGW.

Quote from the article: "Varney says the group is always keen to look at potential theme park assets. “We’re always on the lookout, always in the market,” he says. They are not looking for small businesses. They are looking for resort theme park attractions that could be turned into successful national short break destinations. “It’s the reason we were in the market for Busch Gardens in Williamsburg and Tampa. They are assets that would fit very well in our group""
Yeah, we heard about that last October, but SeaWorld Ent. is smart to realize that breaking up the assets would be a bad thing. So they refused to sell just the BG parks and Merlin doesn't want the marine life parks.

Wasn't sure where to post this but just had an email through from Sea World that the annual pass lounge is opening up 'late Summer'. Should be a cool place to hang.

From the Orlando Sentinel:

"SeaWorld Orlando gets a new park president
Jim Dean, who has led the Orlando theme park since January 2017, is now an executive vice president in the corporate office, said company spokesman Travis Claytor.

Taking his place as park president is Mark Pauls, who had previously been the corporate Vice President of Operations, Claytor said."

SeaWorld Orlando gets a new park president - Orlando Sentinel

From the Orlando Sentinel:

"SeaWorld Orlando gets a new park president
Jim Dean, who has led the Orlando theme park since January 2017, is now an executive vice president in the corporate office, said company spokesman Travis Claytor.

Taking his place as park president is Mark Pauls, who had previously been the corporate Vice President of Operations, Claytor said."

SeaWorld Orlando gets a new park president - Orlando Sentinel
So, is that a demotion for Mark Pauls?

SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment 2019 and 2020 New Ride Details and Speculations - WildGravity Travels

Interesting report from WildGravityTravels. They’re saying that SWO is getting a launched coaster in 2020, with airtime, overbanked turns, and a 55 mph max speed.
Sounds sketchy, though they have seen a large number of leaks lately. There was a push a few years ago (pre-Mako) to replace the floating bridge with new rides and stands along the water behind Bayside Stadium, so maybe they’re going to choose that as a space?

I could see a family launch coaster similar in style to others built at the other properties (not like Cobra's Curse however). I see it being an Intamin like Wave Breaker at SWSA or like the Mack Manta at SWSD. Honestly, I think it would be a big mistake to make anything along the lines of Copperhead Strike with inversions. The park doesn't need any more of those at the moment. There is no medium between Shamu Express and the B&Ms (except JTA, but realistically it's seen as a log flume to most people).

Assuming the leak is true, we now have three coasters on the way for Central Florida in 2020. Wow. Why does Florida like coasters all of the sudden?

Between 2019 and 2022, we could possibly have 11 new coasters. Two at BGT, two at IOA, two at WDW, one at SeaWorld, and four at Fantastic Worlds. Jesus.
Isn’t that what you wanted ?

I could see a family launch coaster similar in style to others built at the other properties (not like Cobra's Curse however). I see it being an Intamin like Wave Breaker at SWSA or like the Mack Manta at SWSD. Honestly, I think it would be a big mistake to make anything along the lines of Copperhead Strike with inversions. The park doesn't need any more of those at the moment. There is no medium between Shamu Express and the B&Ms (except JTA, but realistically it's seen as a log flume to most people).

I agree, Inversions not needed, could use a couple of non kiddie flats.

Assuming the leak is true, we now have three coasters on the way for Central Florida in 2020. Wow. Why does Florida like coasters all of the sudden?

Between 2019 and 2022, we could possibly have 11 new coasters. Two at BGT, two at IOA, two at WDW, one at SeaWorld, and four at Fantastic Worlds. Jesus.

Don’t raise your expectations that high for FW without confirmation.