Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Outsourcing Games to UK Company

GAcoaster

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2012
Orlando
In a strange/interesting turn of events, SeaWorld parks are outsourcing the operations of games in all of their parks to a UK based company:

Apparently the workers being laid off will be offered other positions or could be hired by the new operator.

This seems like an odd move to me, and I'm not sure how this saves any money. Games had been part of the Merchandise department, along with Photos. I wonder if Photos may also be something that could be farmed out to a vendor as well.

In a strange/interesting turn of events, SeaWorld parks are outsourcing the operations of games in all of their parks to a UK based company:

Apparently the workers being laid off will be offered other positions or could be hired by the new operator.

This seems like an odd move to me, and I'm not sure how this saves any money. Games had been part of the Merchandise department, along with Photos. I wonder if Photos may also be something that could be farmed out to a vendor as well.

Similar setup to the U.K. parks, Merlin attractions have now mostly outsourced photography and games.

It’s cut commercial down to just F&B and retail with lots of good people losing their jobs or working for the same company at least, (I worked as a commercial manager for Merlin).