Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment Plans to Build More Sesame Place Parks

I'm curious where in Sea World this will go. Will it take over the current area or maybe they'll demolish the old Ski Stadium for it? I know they use the Ski Stadium for special events but it would be nice for them to use it all the time. If they're never going to bring back the ski show something else should go there.

I would also love to know where the whole new park will go.

Manby says the land will much superior to the current Sesame Street lands at the other parks, including a parade, new rides, and a show.
Though SeaWorld hasn’t designed the project yet, executives plan an attraction that’s more immersive than the Sesame Street Bay of Play kiddie areas in its San Diego and San Antonio theme parks or its Safari of Fun at Busch Gardens Tampa.

“Sesame Street as it exists today only exists on television,” SeaWorld Entertainment CEO Joel Manby said. “We’d like to build the actual Sesame Street that kids can be on and walk down. We will have hopefully a Sesame parade, rides, show where they can see and meet the Sesame characters.”

The Sea World Orlando addition would probably drive attendance more than a new coaster or two. I see it as a positive for the park and maybe a life line to it's existence.

Eh, I mean I don't see it being much of an attendance driver to BGT. But if they did it well, it very well could be a more popular addition.

But also.. let's keep in mind this will be by 2022. So that would 15 years after Shamu's Happy Harbor was last revamped.