SeaWorld Says Tilikum's Health 'Deteriorating' Due to Lung Infection | Inside Universal Forums

SeaWorld Says Tilikum's Health 'Deteriorating' Due to Lung Infection

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For me that article is setting up that he hasn't got long left, poor guy

I wasn't aware you had a team of world class experts working around the clock to monitor the health of your yorkie and carefully monitoring and screening his food for quality - his food is sushi grade right?

And I'd really be questioning your water quality experts since your fish seem to be passing away far faster than those in the wild and by illnesses not known to occur in the wild.

You are dedicating 0.05% of your profits to animal care, welfare, and research, right?

So now we're accusing SeaWorld of mistreating their animals? That is rich.

Thankfully for them, more people agree with me than you - as attendance continues to suffer and profits are nonexistent.

OSHA just banned the trainers from the water for funsies and San Diego has pledged to end their killer whale shows by 2017 because of no reason, no reason at all.

It's one thing to be a fanboy it's another to activate a reality distortion field and run it at full blast around you at all times.

Thankfully for them, more people agree with me than you - as attendance continues to suffer and profits are nonexistent.

OSHA just banned the trainers from the water for funsies and San Diego has pledged to end their killer whale shows by 2017 because of no reason, no reason at all.

It's one thing to be a fanboy it's another to activate a reality distortion field and run it at full blast around you at all times.
For the record, attendance is up, although marginally, and profits are up as compared to last quarter. Attendance only really suffered in San Diego and San Antonio. Orlando saw a small drop that is comparable to their attendance about a year prior to Blackfish as they had been on the upswing

I could link you to the last quarterly report, but I'd rather not go looking for it.

This whole blame the caretaker when any animal dies is going a little too far. I really have to use restraint in this post because of my past I know stuff happens and no matter how hard you try sometimes you can't prevent everything, even with a team of good doctors.

I wonder where the body will go... And why the younger 18yo orca that just passed away didn't get a press release.

Oh right, can't say she was at the end of her expected lifespan at 18.
Why do six year olds develop a desease and die? Why did my close friend(who was always healthy)get cancer at 26 and die? Why do some people who eat nothing but garbage live to 97?
Animals can get sick and die just like humans. We don't always know why things happen the way they do.

This member "epcyclopedia" is out to entice trouble and make us mad. We all know the good SeaWorld does and that the animals are well cared for. We know attendance and profits have turned around and starting to rise again etc. Just ignore them and dont grace them with an answer. This is what these online activist are after. They want to start arguments and fights. Everything you say will never be good enough and you cant change their opinion. Thats what I have found in my expereince with them anyways

Reactions: Mad Dog and IzzyB
If SeaWorld was populated by rescue animals very few people would be complaining.

It's not. And the marine mammals perform shows that are glorified circus acts with no educational value.

The animals in the parks overwhelmingly die of causes scientifically known not to be common causes of death or illness in the wild.

The very act of being there is detrimental, no matter how much you twist and contort your personal ethics because you want to watch a whale do a backflip.

But they actually do rescue animals all the time and, unless unable to due to lifelong care being required, do return them to the ocean after they're rehabilitated. Unless you're still referring to the animals captured what...30 years ago?

But they actually do rescue animals all the time and, unless unable to due to lifelong care being required, do return them to the ocean after they're rehabilitated. Unless you're still referring to the animals captured what...30 years ago?

The 18yo ones that die of captivity related illnesses came from somewhere...