Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

SeaWorld's 2019 Christmas Celebration

I notice a billboard for San Diego Sea World Christmas celebration that said it started November 23rd. That is normal but in my mind everyone would be like Disney and start Christmas at Midnight on October 31st.

SeaWorld always does a great Christmas event, and it's good to see they are expanding it with more nights. Things like the Sea of Trees cost nothing to run and it just makes sense to have it run every night rather than just the weekends.

I think it's great that they're finding ways to incorporate Sesame Street into their events. Pretty much everyone loves holiday parades, and now SeaWorld can easily have one with just a few tweaks to the parade that runs every day. Christmas Celebration was already the best holiday event in Florida imo, so the fact that it's getting bigger in some way is just extra icing on the cake.
Also, thank god the fire pit is coming back. I did not enjoy shivering next to the "flower pit" waiting for the Sea of Trees to start in what qualifies as cold in Florida. lol

Last edited:
Every year SeaWorld knocks Christmas out of the park. Now with the new Sesame Street area, they can really go the extra mile to continue to keep their title as Orlando's best Christmas event. I hope they will theme the Sesame Street area better than they did for Halloween, just some wreaths and garland would go a long way.

Additionally, it looks like they've got some new offerings in new versions of Pets Ahoy and a Sea Lion show. In the future, it would be cool to see them do a Christmas version of Dolphin Days ala SeaWorld San Diego.

I've heard they are decorating more of the park this year. Last year they did some small decorations in Key West, and this year I know they've wrapped more trees in lights and changed things around a bit. The rumor I heard was that they were trying to get more decorations and start doing Antarctica this year, but they also just purchased new decorations for Sesame's Very Furry Christmas so that may have been put on the back burner.

That ice show given the backdrop with the lights and fountains is amazing. I can't think of a Christmas show I liked more. The crowd loved it. Given the level of entertainment it's just such a good value compared to the Magic kingdom party or Universal.

Somehow still the best winter event at any of the parks!!!

(Universal would be the best if they did their own version of the Osborne Lights in New York or Hollywood.)

Somehow still the best winter event at any of the parks!!!

(Universal would be the best if they did their own version of the Osborne Lights in New York or Hollywood.)
I think that Christmas events are about entertainment capacity and the reason Sea World and Dollywood are so good at it is they have a lot of capacity. Disney is cutting and Uni has has never been super strong and is down a few venues.