Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed!

and it's an ADDITIONAL ride, not a replacement or a retheme :thumbsup:

Umm... But neither is Yoshi. Unless SNW took up land for an attraction i'm not aware of, being an addition isn't exactly a +1 for SLOP over Yoshi.

In fact, SLOP actually did replace something. Remember the globe theater? Sure, it wasn't a ride but it was still something.

Umm... But neither is Yoshi. Unless SNW took up land for an attraction i'm not aware of, being an addition isn't exactly a +1 for SLOP over Yoshi.

In fact, SLOP actually did replace something. Remember the globe theater? Sure, it wasn't a ride but it was still something.

The Globe was not a part of the park, it was operated by Universal Events. So James is right, this is technically an expansion.

Also I think it's a safe bet to assume this is the layout of SLOP which is much more involved than previously thought.

Last edited:
Looking at that potential ride layout is honestly depressing.
Yeah but even if they had Yoshi it would be a limited footprint on the lower lot. I am hoping for the best, but Universal needs more rides and they kinda have to work with what they got. Also another kid friendly ride is in desperate need.

This will be a huge breath of fresh air for USH. A practical dark ride that came so close to not existing in the first place. Not much to complain about here if you ask me.

Especially since the beginning of the project since it's first stages in SS28; it's amazing to see Pets finally happening after all the hells it's gone through.

Reactions: Mad Dog
The Globe was not a part of the park, it was operated by Universal Events. So James is right, this is technically an expansion.

I mean... Yeah, sure. I disagree with you but this isn't worth starting an argument over.

Especially since the beginning of the project since it's first stages in SS28; it's amazing to see Pets finally happening after all the hells it's gone through.

Oh Yeah! I remember when this project was rumored for the Lower Lot. At the beginning i was opposed to SLOP being in the parks but as the ride evolved and my perception of the franchise changed, i'm now actually excited for it. :)

I mean... Yeah, sure. I disagree with you but this isn't worth starting an argument over.

I mean there's nothing to disagree with me about. The Globe was not owned by the park, that land was not accessible unless events allowed the park to use the space on rainy days for limited time offerings. Now the park has control of the land. A larger park footprint = expansion. You can't complain about not getting yoshi if it was never in the plans for USH to begin with. That's just being nitpicky about other parks.

Minus Nintendo, this is low key my most anticipated Universal ride rn. Love a good dark ride and enjoy this franchise a bunch. Perfect IP for theme park material

I mean there's nothing to disagree with me about. The Globe was not owned by the park, that land was not accessible unless events allowed the park to use the space on rainy days for limited time offerings. Now the park has control of the land. A larger park footprint = expansion. You can't complain about not getting yoshi if it was never in the plans for USH to begin with. That's just being nitpicky about other parks.

Ok... But SLOP was still built on an event space owned by Universal and unless you have evidence suggesting the contrary, it seems like both iterations of Yoshi will be built on unused land. Both are expansions, i can agree with you there. But one of them is actually replacing something, even if it's owned by a different sector of the Universal company.

Also, and let me make this very clear, i'm not being nic-picky and complaining that Yoshi isn't part of USH. As i mentioned before, i'm actually excited for SLOP.

I'm just trying to defend my position that the removal of The Globe Theater, no matter how insignificant or what legal term is used to differentiate it, is still something. It's an existing building that was used by people inside the park. Yoshi, on the other hand, is being built on unused land where no parkgoers have ever been. Now be honest and tell me, which one has the bigger opportunity cost?

Last edited:
Ok... But SLOP was still built on an event space owned by Universal and unless you have evidence suggesting the contrary, it seems like both iterations of Yoshi will be built on unused land.

Both are expansions, i can agree with you there. But one of them is actually replacing something, even if it's owned by a different sector of the Universal company.

My original point was that this is adding capacity to the park, instead of replacing an existing attraction which is what usually happens at USH.

Yoshi looks like it adds some kinetics to SNW but IMO SLOP is a much better use of the omnimoover ride system as it delivers a proper family dark ride.

BOTH are replacing something - Globe theatre for pets and soundstages for SNW but what they are replacing wasn't something to actually 'do' when at the park.

My original point was that this is adding capacity to the park, instead of replacing an existing attraction which is what usually happens at USH.

Yoshi looks like it adds some kinetics to SNW but IMO SLOP is a much better use of the omnimoover ride system as it delivers a proper family dark ride.

BOTH are replacing something - Globe theatre for pets and soundstages for SNW but what they are replacing wasn't spreading out crowds or giving capacity to the park.

Hold on... I agree with you on all that but they had soundstages in USJ? Really? Was universal trying to create a film studio in Osaka? Cause if so, i had no idea about this.

Hold on... I agree with you on all that but they had soundstages in USJ? Really? Was universal trying to create a film studio in Osaka? Cause if so, i had no idea about this.

This thread is about Hollywood not Japan and I'm talking about SNW on the lower lot which replaces soundstages and not an existing ride or attraction.

This thread is about Hollywood not Japan and I'm talking about SNW on the lower lot which replaces soundstages and not an existing ride or attraction.

Oh... Yeah. Shoot, my bad. Think i'm mixing up threads. That's my fault right there. Should have gotten more sleep last night.

You know what, let's just drop it. This has been a petty, dumb argument and it's not going anywhere. I say we just move on and focus on the attraction itself, not what used to be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.