What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They did the same thing with Fallon in Orlando. Great facade when they applied one, but then left the building exposed and painted it in other parts.

True. Forgot about that.

No one can complain about Galaxy's Edge if they're cool with this type of cheap laziness.

True. Forgot about that.

No one can complain about Galaxy's Edge if they're cool with this type of cheap laziness.
Universal Studios has that look everywhere (except for Potter).
They are true to the Studio part where the themed facades are there to be filmed from only a few locations. DHS is using the same look (Except for Star Wars).
Galaxy's Edge is in Epcot that has large, nice looking buildings that fit the theme or ride. The GE box is an exception.

True. Forgot about that.

I mean, my profile pic is the unpainted, unthemed back of mainstreet that Disney left exposed for decades before they created the bypass. And I could drive over there today and find 20 more examples.

But Universal Studios is a working film studio, with sound stages. It is 100% in theme with the park to have a detailed set next to a sound stage that in real life would be just out of camera frame. So I don't have a problem with it at all.

You can tell an immersive story without filling in all the background details.

Ill never understand why they didn't finish covering the Fallon building at USF, but USH is legit a "studio" so doesn't bother me, if anything I like it.

I mean, my profile pic is the unpainted, unthemed back of mainstreet that Disney left exposed for decades before they created the bypass. And I could drive over there today and find 20 more examples.

But Universal Studios is a working film studio, with sound stages. It is 100% in theme with the park to have a detailed set next to a sound stage that in real life would be just out of camera frame. So I don't have a problem with it at all.

You can tell an immersive story without filling in all the background details.
Didn’t there used to be trees blocking that Main Street wall until Disney removed them?

Not really, no. That part of the show-building isn't even accessible to park guests. SLOP is already going to have one of the nicest facades in the entire park.
Haha the back of the show building is literally at the front entrance of the park. If you park in Frankenstein you have to walk by it. Definitely lazy and cheap.

Last edited:
Ill never understand why they didn't finish covering the Fallon building at USF, but USH is legit a "studio" so doesn't bother me, if anything I like it.
The sides of the NY facades facing Rockit are all unfinished. The entire front is finished. The side facing Production Central, a land made up of soundstages is half finished. It’s the transition between soundstages to a NY backlot. And looks fine to me.

When you’re standing in the music stage area you have unfinished soundstage to your left and unfinished soundstage to your right. That’s the theme of production Central. When you’re standing in the park across from Fallon you can see finished facades on three sides, nearly all around you, perfectly adequate for tv and film. That’s the theme of the NY backlot.

I don’t see an issue.

Haha the back of the show building is literally at the front entrance of the park. If you park in Frankenstein you have ta walk by it. Definitely lazy and cheap.

Yeah... But that works with the theming. The old-school Hollywood aesthetic is present in the front entrance so having you see a soundstage from that angle just makes sense where when your in the park. You know, where your actually paying attention to the building, that's when the facade comes in.

Both sides of the show building are meant to match the environment of their surroundings. I do agree that they could have done a little more to the back, maybe make it look like one of the soundstages in the studio tour, but overall they did a good job and thought it all through. With all respect Mr. Tide, i think your just being a bit too critical.

The sides of the NY facades facing Rockit are all unfinished. The entire front is finished. The side facing Production Central, a land made up of soundstages is half finished. It’s the transition between soundstages to a NY backlot. And looks fine to me.

When you’re standing in the music stage area you have unfinished soundstage to your left and unfinished soundstage to your right. That’s the theme of production Central. When you’re standing in the park across from Fallon you can see finished facades on three sides, nearly all around you, perfectly adequate for tv and film. That’s the theme of the NY backlot.

I don’t see an issue.
Its a minor thing for me, but I just think "Production central" is not much of a land anymore. Id think it looks better having a finished 30 rock and having that be your transition right there, and the music plaza being the end of Production Central theming. If I recall the bathrooms to the right of the stage are themed towards 30 rock so it looks a little weird with that, and not finishing part of the 30 rock cover. Not a big issue but thats just me. My bf thought it was a little odd as well but they only got so much space to work with.

I don’t see an issue.

I wish they would’ve written “Stage 50” or whatever on the side of the Fallon stage. Would’ve made it more obvious as to what their goal was.

I've been to Orlando twice, and I've never even noticed that the Jimmy Fallon building isn't a complete facade. Then again, after a single ride, I generally ignore that area.

Generally, I'm not all that bothered by unfinished facades like this at any park. People act like money is unlimited, but it's not. You could have a completely finished facade, but it'd have to sacrifice ride elements. What would you spend more money on? The facade or the actual ride? Pretty easy choice to me.

Universal 'STUDIOS' Hollywood....Universal 'STUDIOS" Orlando. ......That's the 'THEME' of the parks.
I fully understand that, my only gripe is the Fallon building lol. Theming the lower and right side to 30 rock then ignoring the 2nd half of the top of your building in plain sight is just odd to me. I get budgets, but it doesn't scream "Production Central" to me at all. Just weird. And no, this is not a back of the volcano issue.

Haha the back of the show building is literally at the front entrance of the park. If you park in Frankenstein you have to walk by it. Definitely lazy and cheap.

Sorry but themeing a show building that can primarily be seen from outside the park is literally the most pointless idea ever. No theme park does that or ever will do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.