Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread) | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are getting this in Orlando...in the form of Yoshi! I guess having identical ride designs is not a problem for USO.

Wouldn't you say more for any major theme park design firm in general in that regard though? Even WDI's done a lot of instances to where they reuse ride systems because A.) they work profusely and B.) they serve to benefit for that location.

Not a knock, because if the quality with the exteriors is as good as we are getting with the attraction itself inside..then we are in for a treat.

Reactions: Andysol
Wouldn't you say more for any major theme park design firm in general in that regard though? Even WDI's done a lot of instances to where they reuse ride systems because A.) they work profusely and B.) they serve to benefit for that location.

Not a knock, because if the quality with the exteriors is as good as we are getting with the attraction itself inside..then we are in for a treat.
My expectations are really low for this one. I saw what it was to become, now its downgraded tremendously from its original concept. Don't get me wrong, Universal Studios Hollywood needs an attraction like this. But this ride is not meant to have huge capacity.

My expectations are really low for this one. I saw what it was to become, now its downgraded tremendously from its original concept. Don't get me wrong, Universal Studios Hollywood needs an attraction like this. But this ride is not meant to have huge capacity.
Yes, I agree. The original concept was pretty damn good, kind of like a mini set version of the RotR ride portion. I'd be pleasantly surprised, and pleased, if this new version comes even close.

Yes, I agree. The original concept was pretty damn good, kind of like a mini set version of the RotR ride portion. I'd be pleasantly surprised, and pleased, if this new version comes even close.

I'm hoping that the plans for that somehow make a comeback, in the form of another IP ride. They would be perfect for Pokemon and/or Fantastic Beasts.

Well, there's a reason why all the pictures of main street are shot straight down the center. If you're by city hall, you can see the whole stretch of green-painted backsides of the buildings.

Well, there's a reason why all the pictures of main street are shot straight down the center. If you're by city hall, you can see the whole stretch of green-painted backsides of the buildings.
Ah, I see. When it’s something negative we find a Disney comp to justify. When it’s the opposite it becomes “Why do we always need to compare?”

In reality, exposed show buildings or unthemed show buildings anywhere are not acceptable.

Ah, I see. When it’s something negative we find a Disney comp to justify. When it’s the opposite it becomes “Why do we always need to compare?”

In reality, exposed show buildings or in themed show buildings anywhere are not acceptable.

Exactly. It’s inexcusable, especially with new builds. MK is almost 50 years old, why is it even being brought up? But if we want to play that game... nothing at Disney is as blatant as this, or the Hogwarts castle showbuilding... or the tree mural building at Uni Hollywood or Hagrids.

Reactions: alias8703
Exactly. It’s inexcusable, especially with new builds. MK is almost 50 years old, why is it even being brought up? But if we want to play that game... nothing at Disney is as blatant as this, or the Hogwarts castle showbuilding... or the tree mural building at Uni Hollywood or Hagrids.
Let’s not play this game.

In reality, exposed show buildings or unthemed show buildings anywhere are not acceptable.
But... Disney is perfect (as so people keep telling me). And yes, Disneyland is much better hiding (or at least theming backstage areas).

And my one issue with Universal continues.

they’ve made such strides and produce some incredible themed environments, but they always just fall short of perfection. Sigh.

IDK, but this kind of thing really doesn't bother me at all no matter which company does it. I love eye candy as much as anybody else, but I also realize "it's an amusement park". There are like a bazillion things in all the parks that can ruin it if you want it ruined for you. Everyone complains about visible coaster track, but what about the load platforms and air gates on BTMRR? To me the blank show building isn't positive or a negative. It just is the way it is. Sort of like the GotG:CR giant show building. It just doesn't bother me. With both SLoP and GotG:CR they give us a nice facade and as it moves backstage we get bland. It's not pretty, it's not ugly. It just is. :shrug:

IDK, but this kind of thing really doesn't bother me at all no matter which company does it. I love eye candy as much as anybody else, but I also realize "it's an amusement park". There are like a bazillion things in all the parks that can ruin it if you want it ruined for you. Everyone complains about visible coaster track, but what about the load platforms and air gates on BTMRR? To me the blank show building isn't positive or a negative. It just is the way it is. Sort of like the GotG:CR giant show building. It just doesn't bother me. With both SLoP and GotG:CR they give us a nice facade and as it moves backstage we get bland. It's not pretty, it's not ugly. It just is. :shrug:

and that’s fair for you. For me, I find it bothersome and cheap. Especially with the lengths they will go in other areas.

Especially to do it so blatantly as this.

Reactions: alias8703
Yeah, but these are also avoidable things when it’s just a plain wall. Universal knows how to do this:
upload_2019-12-24_23-24-4.jpeg

upload_2019-12-24_23-24-31.jpeg

Obviously the ride is bad, but it’s the same situation of a giant show building. They could’ve just left that giant thing grey, but they decided to go all the way, which I applaud them for.

Status
Not open for further replies.