Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Animated figures. So expect something like IASW dolls and such not Pirates of the Caribbean.

Just wanted to clarify - a little bit from the Press Release:

Combining 64 technologically-advanced animated figures, “The Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash!” invites guests to meet some of their favorite characters from the movies, who themselves have transformed into dimensional beings. From blinking eyes to eye and eyebrow movements, from head tilts to head nods, from moving mouths to smiles, from ear curls to lip curls, from full torso twists to physically walking, the depth of mobility and function programmed within each of these loveable characters creates an experience unlike any other theme park ride.

Y’all know I was already ready for this but 64 animated figures/puppets? Awesome stuff. If that 5 min ride time is true then a Hollywood trip for 2021 between this and SNW is 100% in order. Can’t wait to see the final product here
I was already planning to go just for Mario Kart so this will be a nice bonus.

The 64 AA's is impressive. Many nay-sayers were betting on 64 screens, lol. Even if their movement is minimal, that's still pretty good for a relatively short/small attraction.

I am excited about it, but at the end of the day, it's a dark ride on par with Little Mermaid at Disney. It'll be a great addition, and I am excited, but set expectations accordingly: this ain't Rise.

So, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but any guesses as to when softs might be? I'm suspecting 10-14 days beforehand... totally a gut intuition, not based on any actual fact.

Didn't they also announce they're will be a virtual line? I think that's a first for HW but it makes sense with the size of the show building. Already seems like they're squeezing the most out of the space as they can, hard to imagine an extensive, immersive queue being included. Any details Brian G?

Didn't they also announce they're will be a virtual line? I think that's a first for HW but it makes sense with the size of the show building. Already seems like they're squeezing the most out of the space as they can, hard to imagine an extensive, immersive queue being included. Any details Brian G?

It's in the article linked on the prior page.

I guess this means it will be mainly gift shops and a preshow on the 1st floor now? :shrug:

On a seperate note, it would be nice if they planted some small trees in front of the facade, it's not like they would be out of context either (Plus they could use one to hide the transition between facade and show building!) Unfortunately I guess they can't as it sits ontop of Frankenstein parking.
Screenshot_2020-02-22 Apartment Building.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.