Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Opening 2020)

VolcanoAye

Sep 15, 2019
another review!

Also worth noting that though familiarity with the IP definitely isn’t necessary to enjoy this ride, SLoP1 is Universal’s ninth highest grossing movie and has the strongest debut gross of all illumination franchises (unless you count minions as a separate franchise from despicable me). The second admittedly didn’t match that, being universal’s 31 highest grossing film but that number definitely isn’t bad in its own right, especially being animated). Though box office numbers are different when counting inflation, seeing all the movies the sequel outdid box office wise that are so memorable to us is pretty interesting.

Late Edit: The first movie also the 17th highest grossing animated film of all time, earning more than memorable films like Inside Out, Moana, The Incredibles, Up, The Majority of the shrek films, the entire KFP franchise, ratatouille etc

Last edited:

Jerroddragon

Rookie
Jun 27, 2017
So with Knotts not opening up until Past Mid May at the Earliest, Guess this spring ride just become a Summer ride....IF we are lucky. Also wonder if Super Nintendo land will get pushed back

joerodriguez

Newcomer
Jan 16, 2020
Got a couple more great reviews from team members. Looks like Universal has a big hit on their hands once the Park reopens:

August Macias
USH team member here: oh yes, it’s amazing. Best dark ride in the park since Forbidden Journey (source Five Fives comments page from
following video):

highdefrex

Newcomer
Jun 18, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Best dark ride in the park since Forbidden Journey
I mean... Not a whole lot of competition there considering it's the only dark ride in the park since Forbidden Journey, haha.

Snark aside, I really can't wait to ride this. I have no attachment to the franchise itself, but all this positive buzz is a good thing. Even if it's months from now before the park reopens, it'll be nice to have something completely new to experience once it does!

Disneyhead

Legendary Member
Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL