Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah no one can out MK the MK but I still believe Universal can grab more market share by building "some" more family friendly attractions with minimal height requirements.

But back to topic here, bold prediction Karen Irwin takes over the entire Orlando Resort by the time Fantastic Worlds opens.
What has Karen done so far? I don’t enough about her. I’m ignorant to this subject.

Yeah no one can out MK the MK but I still believe Universal can grab more market share by building "some" more family friendly attractions with minimal height requirements.

But back to topic here, bold prediction Karen Irwin takes over the entire Orlando Resort by the time Fantastic Worlds opens.
That sounds like it would be a positive move.

Care to elaborate? Didn't know it used to spin.

You may be on to something.
The week before opening I rode SSE and it turned slightly to facer each scene . Opening day one of the cars didn't lock at the top, and the car spun around the wrong way nearly throwing guests out of the car going downhill (forward instead of backwards). <EPCOT opening day was a disaster slightly above Univeral's opening>. The quick fix was to lock the cars at the bottom at load, and at the top, an employee manually unlocked, turned the car, and relocked it (what a fun job that must have been). It took a few months to automate that - and the cars never turned again.

I think the big takeaway will be with the merchandise. People spend big on their pets, and I can just picture all the new opportunities this franchise will create. If there is no store associated with this ride, Universal could be leaving money on the table.

I think the big takeaway will be with the merchandise. People spend big on their pets, and I can just picture all the new opportunities this franchise will create. If there is no store associated with this ride, Universal could be leaving money on the table.
They already sell merch for this ride within the park

Well, plush and t-shirts, those exist already. But I’m talking about real pet items: collars, leashes, squeaky toys, food/water bowls, etc. Pet supply stores already exist, but what if they patterned an exit giftshop around that idea?
That’s genius

Funny enough, Universal just released the official trailer for SLOP 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about 'real'animals for adoption from the local humane society or animal shelters in an exit area. A kind of petting zoo with character and meaning.

Id bet they are going to have some form of connectivity with Animal Actors, to where the show gives light to the ride and more specifically, the adoption aspect.

..in thinking out loud, I have to wonder when the remaining Baker Street facades will be tackled. Considering they are going to be needed to change, I'd have to think sooner than later.

I still hold the opinion that creating another “magic kingdom” is a mistake. You can’t out magic kingdom the magic kingdom. Nostalgia is just too powerful. The IPs that are rumored don’t sound too exciting to me at all, except Nintendo.

That’s just my opinion though. So don’t take it too seriously.
I do like the Classic Monsters though :)

I know most people here are more focused on Orlando in general but the fact that USH has three active construction sites for Jurassic World, Pets, and Nintendo boggles my mind. Not too long ago, USH barely qualified as a full theme park. By 2022 this place will be home to Transformers, Mummy, Jurassic World, Mario Kart, Pets, Forbidden Journey, AND the studio tram tour. That's seven E-ticket rides, not counting the two simulator D-tickets flanking the upper lot (Simpsons and Minion Mayhem). Talk about a transformation! In terms of ride variety and balance USH will be better off than USF when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.