Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets see how the film does in China. Also a good ride can be a good ride despite the IP! Also lets not act like 135 million is a complete flop. Yes its down but it has not opened in China yet I believe. Frankly Im not too worried. Id be more worried about a 3rd film than this ride possibly being replicated in Orlando. If a 3rd film doesn't happen, I could easily see a Netflix tv show of some sort. This franchise is nowhere near dead territory yet.

I don't know how many times it has to be repeated. Box office numbers do not mean squat when it comes to theme park attractions. Nowadays it's how much merch an IP sells.

Utter nonsense.

Of course box office matters. 'Merch' matters too - but if all indications appear that the box office (and people watching the movie) is on a decline then it's a wrong trend.

Utter nonsense.

Nope.

*Points at Cars Land* None of the Cars movies would be considered big financial sucesses in the Box Office by Disney standards. But 2 billion dollars a year of merch sales was what dictated that land's size and budget.

Of course box office matters. 'Merch' matters too - but if all indications appear that the box office (and people watching the movie) is on a decline then it's a wrong trend.

And I assume when most major Disney releases are sent directly to Disney+, they'll still be looking at box office, right?

case in point: Waterworld.

I think WaterWorld falls under a slightly different situation. Since it's a mass capacity attraction instead of merch sales all it has to do is bring in as large an audience as it can so they can fill the park with more guest, and it does that very well.

Utter nonsense.

I'd argue that all three Cars movies were garbage, but it makes for a fun land and the IP sells a TON of merch.

Merch is a huge factor when it comes to these things.

If the ride is good, the franchise's popularity won't matter for a couple decades. This is needed to round out USH with a family dark ride. SLOP2's gigantic underperformance is probably going to keep this from getting cloned though.
There could be plans already in the works to add this attraction in Orlando so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions before the ride evens finishes construction.

There could be plans already in the works to add this attraction in Orlando so I wouldn’t jump to conclusions before the ride evens finishes construction.

Personally, I don't necessarily think Orlando's as gung-ho on Pets..unless if something happens where Off The Leash does a Transformers, and becomes a breakout hit.

It's literally the worst performing Illumination movie, ahead of only Hop, which is pretty confounding considering how heavily this was marketed. I hope this gets a huge second wind on digital/home video this fall.

BUT it's still a billion dollar franchise now that should be represented in the parks and a perfect property for a family friendly dark ride, especially for a park completely devoid of them like USH.

I recall the SLOP merch was greatly reduced in area at the Orlando store displays pretty soon after the conclusion of the first SLOP movie's theatrical run . I'd guess the merch didn't sell well. So, it may not be the merch success some are thinking it will be.

It's literally the worst performing Illumination movie, ahead of only Hop, which is pretty confounding considering how heavily this was marketed. I hope this gets a huge second wind on digital/home video this fall.

Releasing eight to ten trailers was one of the most boneheaded marketing moves I've ever seen. People had seen so much of it they probably didn't feel like they needed to shell out money for it.

Releasing eight to ten trailers was one of the most boneheaded marketing moves I've ever seen. People had seen so much of it they probably didn't feel like they needed to shell out money for it.
It also doesn't help only the very last trailer showed any semblance of plot, and even then it was so scattered because the film has three different stories, one of which doesn't even connect with the other two.

Personally, I don't necessarily think Orlando's as gung-ho on Pets..unless if something happens where Off The Leash does a Transformers, and becomes a breakout hit.
Maybe they aren’t I don’t know but it seems like a lot of people are dismissing the idea of it coming to Orlando.

I'll be curious to see what the reception is when it opens. I'd guess they'll want something they can clone quickly and relatively cheaply on tap for Florida once they announce the new park, and SLoP could fit nicely.

I'll be curious to see what the reception is when it opens. I'd guess they'll want something they can clone quickly and relatively cheaply on tap for Florida once they announce the new park, and SLoP could fit nicely.
I'd be surprised if this ride isn't a big hit. Obviously not a huge E-ticket, but it's a nice family D-ticket from what it seems, which is what is needed at USH and also in Orlando at USF if it were to come there.

I admittedly love Shrek, but if anything were to replace it in Orlando let it be this. As has been said, USF desperately NEEDS something like this in its lineup. With Bourne too that'd change the scope of that park a bit. Sounds fun and I kinda love this franchise for some reason. How many AAs are we expecting for this attraction?

Status
Not open for further replies.