Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do have pills if you get motion sickness. You are really missing out if you haven't been on Harry Potter's E ticket
Though SLOP should be a ride for everyone

I have been on it maybe 10-15 times. Most times I just enjoy the queue, the practical scenes of woods/dementors/spiders and such and just look away during the motion simulation parts (if you sit in the first seat and look to the left you can avoid seeing the screen altogether, only doing this did I realize the screen is 3 circular screens in a triangular orientation). Getting off-topic though. Hope SLoP is nothing like this.

Physical Sets>Screens/Motion Simulators

I hope SLoP is not yet another motion simulator.

I am an AP holder at USH, but I can't do motion simulators well. Minions and Harry Potter are out, Transformers/Simpsons is marginal, but I can usually handle those. Oddly I never got sick on any roller coaster ever and still don't. If SLoP is good I am keeping AP going for at least another year.
The first two concepts (almost the same) for SLOP were almost entirely physical sets. I haven't seen any inside info on this final concept, that supposedly has a different story from the first two, but I would guess it will remain top heavy with physical sets and any screens would be secondary to the ride experience.

I do want to be clear, I like Transformers and not trying to crap on it...but the ride is mainly about screens yes they have some nice set's that dress up the area but no one is looking at those its the Robots on Screen.

The ride shares similarities to a dark ride but not sure If I'd or even Universal Considers it one. From what I see online I'd call it more a Motion Simulator/4D Ride.

Secret Life of pets is from rumors going to be a Dark Ride with screens but even Universal is calling it a Dark Ride...where I'll look but don't think they ever called Transformers or even Potter as Dark Rides.

EDIT: Im going to eat Crow and say its a Dark ride because most people online think it is...to me it doesn't feel like what I'm looking for in a dark ride and hope pets feels more like a classic Dark Ride like ET

Not to pile on, but Universal officially classifies Transformers as a dark ride. Source: me, former lead on the attraction.

Can they at least paint a mural of apartments on the other half of the building? It's just so jarring seeing it go from highly themed to beige Costco building.

Honestly....... this is the real reason Universal will never touch Disney.

I love them both don’t get me wrong, but Disney would NEVER be so cheap and careless to say... well we themed HALF the building!! Just so incredibly lazy and lame. :/

Honestly....... this is the real reason Universal will never touch Disney.

I love them both don’t get me wrong, but Disney would NEVER be so cheap and careless to say... well we themed HALF the building!! Just so incredibly lazy and lame. :/
I mean have you been to Hogsmead, Springfeild or seen what Super Nintendo Land looks like....I mean Disney does do better many times but Disney has done cheap things like not have the rocks behind radiators springs be made, doesn't take away from the land

I mean have you been to Hogsmead, Springfeild or seen what Super Nintendo Land looks like....I mean Disney does do better many times but Disney has done cheap things like not have the rocks behind radiators springs be made, doesn't take away from the land
Yeah those Hogsmeade sight lines are incredible
5zl7XwO.jpg

When I'm in the land besides being on the coaster I rarely feel like I'm in Hollywood. I wish they had the space to space things out more but they can't.
But detail wise, Potterland is at Disney Level or above

Again this has nothing to do with quality of theming... where they choose to apply it. Potterland is incredible. Would it be better if they finished theming the FJ showbuilding? 1000% and my point is only that Disney doesn’t allow those kinds of things in guest areas, especially from within the land itself.

The fact that they are building this new ride and are having an entire side of the building INSIDE the park IN the guest accessible area so blatantly unthemed in 2019 is sad.
Especially after showing what they’re capable of with something like Potter. It’s half assed... literally. ‍♂️

Again this has nothing to do with quality of theming... where they choose to apply it. Potterland is incredible. Would it be better if they finished theming the FJ showbuilding? 1000% and my point is only that Disney doesn’t allow those kinds of things in guest areas, especially from within the land itself.

The fact that they are building this new ride and are having an entire side of the building INSIDE the park IN the guest accessible area so blatantly unthemed in 2019 is sad.
Especially after showing what they’re capable of with something like Potter. It’s half assed... literally. ‍♂️

Let’s take this discussion and have it when it’s done. This is reminiscent of the Diagon Alley berm and people complaining.

Let’s take this discussion and have it when it’s done. This is reminiscent of the Diagon Alley berm and people complaining.

No idea what you’re talking about but a berm is different from a building that’s had its scaffolding removed where there won’t be theming to show a basically finished and painted unthemed studio/warehouse wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.