Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t see them being able to fit another ride, unless... the space where Parisian and French street stands, could be torn down to fit another dark ride attraction (the bakers street side could even house the entrance to the ride).
What would ultimately happen with a project like this would probably be the demolition of the Persian. As it doesn't house an attraction or dining location, it isn't a monetary necessity or even plus to keep it open.

What would ultimately happen with a project like this would probably be the demolition of the Persian. As it doesn't house an attraction or dining location, it isn't a monetary necessity or even plus to keep it open.

And then I could envision them doing something different with the New York facades since they make SLOP kinda redundant. Not sure if it would be part of a new Illumination land, since it’s kind of at a remove from that part of the park, but having two disconnected New York settings like that is weird.

The other thing is Walking Dead. Can’t imagine it’s long for this world.

And then I could envision them doing something different with the New York facades since they make SLOP kinda redundant. Not sure if it would be part of a new Illumination land, since it’s kind of at a remove from that part of the park, but having two disconnected New York settings like that is weird.

The other thing is Walking Dead. Can’t imagine it’s long for this world.
For new york, it seems they're introducing Californian art deco architecture and will continue doing so unless Diagon alley comes where Waterworld is (an old, pretty confusing, rumor from back in the day). Walking Dead is living on borrowed time. It never racks up a wait longer than 20 mins, doesn't cohere with rest of the land, is based off a show that is less popular than ever and ending, and is not eating up any crowds during horror nights. Also, it seems that the walking dead merchandise isn't selling as hot, with the majority of the opening day designs staying in all of the major stores.

For new york, it seems they're introducing Californian art deco architecture and will continue doing so unless Diagon alley comes where Waterworld is (an old, pretty confusing, rumor from back in the day). Walking Dead is living on borrowed time. It never racks up a wait longer than 20 mins, doesn't cohere with rest of the land, is based off a show that is less popular than ever and ending, and is not eating up any crowds during horror nights. Also, it seems that the walking dead merchandise isn't selling as hot, with the majority of the opening day designs staying in all of the major stores.
I like the idea of a classic Hollywood kinda thing, maybe recreate vintage Hollywood boulevard and keep the studio history of the park relevant, but is that kind of theming a little too similar to DCA? Idk.

I remember that Waterworld rumor and at the time it struck me as a no-brainer, but that show has really taken on a second life in the last 3-4 years—at this point, I don’t see it going anywhere.

I wouldn’t see them being able to fit another ride, unless... the space where Parisian and French street stands, could be torn down to fit another dark ride attraction (the bakers street side could even house the entrance to the ride).

Honestly speaking, E-Ticket Insight has a great illiustration of what could be if they were to bring Sing On Tour from Japan in some format to the stateside.

Adds another flat for SSFL, brings a mixed show with live actors and practical effects, and enhances the overall area. It'd be a win, and would allow a safe environment for the Upper Lot.

I like the idea of a classic Hollywood kinda thing, maybe recreate vintage Hollywood boulevard and keep the studio history of the park relevant, but is that kind of theming a little too similar to DCA? Idk.

I remember that Waterworld rumor and at the time it struck me as a no-brainer, but that show has really taken on a second life in the last 3-4 years—at this point, I don’t see it going anywhere.
id argue that guests would rather have that theming at Universal than Disney

They could always use the space to add a non Illumination ride with an entrance from Universal Plaza, or wait until Illumination come up with a good new franchise, what's the hurry?

EDIT: isn't that spot directly over the parking garage? That would limit what they can actually build there.

Back to SLOP, it feels odd/jarring to me that the main entrance for the ride is facing Despicable Me, I would have had it actually on a NY-ified Baker Street.

Is the subsequent plan of an Illumination Land based on murmurs/rumors people heard or just speculation?

Speculative for the most part, but they renamed Baker Street to Pets Place (and have already installed signage) and changed the Minion Way Sign to match the new Pets Place sign so it seems to be the direction their heading. Unifying the area to fit an Illumination theme.

Flat ride on what IP? I could imagine a minions/despicable me one but it seems like that would be too much despicable me.

Minion's is Illumination's money-bed. Plus, Osaka has already made a perfect flat ride that could be easily ported without much issue.

Back to Pets,

Back to SLOP, it feels odd/jarring to me that the main entrance for the ride is facing Despicable Me, I would have had it actually on a NY-ified Baker Street.

I personally don't see as much of an issue, but I don't think it made sense for it being smack-dab in the middle.

I really don’t see Parisian Street or the restaurants behind it being there within the next two to three years, the area kind of hides itself away from the park and with SLOP now, the area is too congested. I think they would want to open up the area more and have a more cohesive theming. I don’t know about the Sing Show, I think if they would go through this much demolition, they would go with a more bankable ride that’s got some staying power.

For what it’s worth, the Usj sing show looks like plain awesome fun. Also should note the Sing sequel I think comes out next year so something from that film could possibly make for another attraction with the IP. Don’t think illumination has plans for a new franchise (sans Mario) other than the Main 3 (Minions, Sing, SLoP) so if they added another attraction I’d have to guess it’d be Sing (I also don’t think, as much as I love them, the illumination seuss movies would be in the land but you never know)

For what it’s worth, the Usj sing show looks like plain awesome fun. Also should note the song sequel I think comes out next year so something from that film could possibly make for another attraction with the IP. Don’t think illumination has plans for any other franchise (sans Mario) than the Main 3 (Minions, Sing, SLoP) so if they added another attraction I’d have to guess it’d be Sing (I also don’t think, as much as I love them, the illumination seuss movies would be in the land but you never know)

Sing 2 doesn't release until 2021.

__

To ask the question, if Bakers Street stays for a short-bit; what could happen for Mulligans?

*In all seriousness, not projecting window silhouettes is such a disappointment. That could have brought so much cohesion to the area (minions running through the buildings, on Christmas have the grinch steal a tree, etc), and added some more immersion into the story of the ride

This building has literally barely has enough room to hold a ride let alone enough space to allow projectors to outwardly project images on to the windows. That type of effect would only work at night anyway so half the year when the park closes at 6 you wouldn't get to see it.

Last edited:
*puts in a lamp*
HIGHLY IMMERSIVE

In all seriousness, not projecting window silhouettes is such a disappointment. That could have brought so much cohesion to the area (minions running through the buildings, on Christmas have the grinch steal a tree, etc), and added some more immersion into the story of the ride

I mean... it's not even finished or open yet... so can you be sure there won't be any projections at all? Let's wait until it opens before we complain.

If it does, indeed, open without any projections at all, I'd be with you. But I really don't understand this "complain before it's even done" mindset.

I mean... it's not even finished or open yet... so can you be sure there won't be any projections at all? Let's wait until it opens before we complain.

If it does, indeed, open without any projections at all, I'd be with you. But I really don't understand this "complain before it's even done" mindset.

I’m not complaining, I’m sure the ride’ll be great, just more disappointed that windows aren’t built for actual immersive effects. Also, silhouettes done via led panels would eliminate the light leak and spacial issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.