Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be a question of time someone notice only a part of the building is themed, just like Fallon for instance, forgetting that is how Universal Studios combines his themes and studio part of the park.
I think it looks amazing and look forward to the ride.

People have already noticed, and complained about it earlier in this thread. Personally, I don't really care. I've been to Orlando twice since Jimmy Fallon was built, and never once have I noticed nor cared about the facade not being complete.

Besides, there's plenty of homes/buildings that abut studios in Los Angeles. Gower Ave, anybody? Warner Brothers Studios off Hollywood Blvd? So how do we know the apartment isn't just next to a studio? :grin:

People have already noticed, and complained about it earlier in this thread. Personally, I don't really care. I've been to Orlando twice since Jimmy Fallon was built, and never once have I noticed nor cared about the facade not being complete.

Besides, there's plenty of homes/buildings that abut studios in Los Angeles. Gower Ave, anybody? Warner Brothers Studios off Hollywood Blvd? So how do we know the apartment isn't just next to a studio? :grin:
Because it’s set in NY. Not LA. Not buying it. Lazy and cheap but still looks nice.

Wouldn’t call this ride exterior “lazy and cheap” looks awesome and the average visitor won’t pick up on the building. Excited for the attraction! When’s the opening date?

Looking at this photo hurts because the facade looks great and then they just stopped once they hit backstage.

Something that they could've done without spending a ton of money to theme backstage would've been to paint the building to look like it's a brick wall. A good example of what i'm talking about is what MK did with the Main Street Bypass area:
IMG_1518-1.jpeg

Looking at this photo hurts because the facade looks great and then they just stopped once they hit backstage.

Something that they could've done without spending a ton of money to theme backstage would've been to paint the building to look like it's a brick wall. A

I agree. I'm not knocking the facade which looks fantastic, but they could do with painting the rest of the visible show building in a color that isn't quite as jarring as 'Studio beige'

I only say that because it's so obvious in this case.

To be fair this could still happen, remember they repainted parts of the Forbidden Journey show building after it was completed so that it wasn't so 'in your face'

Are painted bricks really giving away that much, though?

Or course not... but let's be real, if they just did a brick wall, just as many people would be calling that lazy.

I don't there's really that much point in theming things that are largely out of guest's view from inside the park. Did anyone complain that the back side of FJ is totally unthemed, yet, clearly in full view of the Studio Tour Tram?

Even Disney never really themed the back side of Indy, and that's visible from the esplanade.

IMO It's not New York, it's a "New York set" in the Upper Lot so I don't think it's necessary to go all-in with the theme here. The "movie studio theme" allows them to get away with some things, for better or worse.
It’s no longer a “New York set” imo. Real ones don’t have cartoonish buildings hanging around.

(Yes, I consider SLoP to look cartoonish instead of authentic NY)

IMO It's not New York, it's a "New York set" in the Upper Lot so I don't think it's necessary to go all-in with the theme here. The "movie studio theme" allows them to get away with some things, for better or worse.

Hot take:

When you can see show building at Universal it’s bad and proof they’re second class.

When you can see a show building at Disney it’s a behind the scenes secret and the paint used on it is giving a cute name.

:look:

Hot take:

When you can see show building at Universal it’s bad and proof they’re second class.

When you can see a show building at Disney it’s a behind the scenes secret and the paint used on it is giving a cute name.

:look:
Full disclaimer:
I hate seeing literally any show building - from guest paths (even if the building extends backstage).

If it can be seen from on stage it should at least be attempted to be themed more than just with grey, blue or green paint (I’m referring to Disney a lot in that part).

For example of a GREAT JOB by Universal, the trash bag of a ride F&F has the entirety of both sides of the building painted, along with faux windows, and all of that is backstage!

My issue is when I see half-hearted work, no matter the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.