Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, when you are dealing with different groups within UC--wouldn't you expect that some things might not line up with the other groups? Especially considering that as it has seemed, UC Orlando was the ones responsible for Supercharged while UC Hollywood has been seemingly responsible for Pets.

I do think they should've done more for the facade. Or if anything, to have a backdrop mural to block that, but it's not the end of the world for myself. Especially when it's at the core, not going to be a E-ticket level attraction.

It’s not the end of the world for me either, but it annoys me still because you have something so great in full detail and then it literally just stops. That wall could’ve acted as a “fade out” sort of.

My point is the contrast between hyper theme and no theme is too jarring to not at least make me wish they had done just a little bit more.

I mean, when you are dealing with different groups within UC--wouldn't you expect that some things might not line up with the other groups? Especially considering that as it has seemed, UC Orlando was the ones responsible for Supercharged while UC Hollywood has been seemingly responsible for Pets.

I do think they should've done more for the facade. Or if anything, to have a backdrop mural to block that, but it's not the end of the world for myself. Especially when it's at the core, not going to be a E-ticket level attraction.

I mean even their main weenie/e-tickets have corners cut...

A7387133-DCF2-4DAC-BF1A-DBC5C03A265B.jpeg

This is a trend I wish Universal would end. I was impressed with how they themed Fast and Furious, despite the ride itself.

View attachment 11377

This is a trend I wish Universal would end. I was impressed with how they themed Fast and Furious, despite the ride itself.

I mean, when you look at recent photos from Bio; it actually seems like they painted over those walls, to help make it blend a bit more as opposed to how it was back then.

Also, it's been 3 years since Hogsmeade opened for USH; and things have grown.

View attachment 11377

It's not "cut corners". It is Universal's design philosophy. It's the way they do things. It is the way they have always done things, and it's not changing anytime soon. Everyone claims that they didn't do it with Diagon Alley, but stand in front of the FFL stadium and look at Gringott's show building.

I mean, when you look at recent photos from Bio; it actually seems like they painted over those walls, to help make it blend a bit more as opposed to how it was back then.

Also, it's been 3 years since Hogsmeade opened for USH; and things have grown.

sorry the photo I showed was from UOR. I believe Hollywood did a slightly better job.

It's not "cut corners". It is Universal's design philosophy. It's the way they do things. It is the way they have always done things, and it's not changing anytime soon. Everyone claims that they didn't do it with Diagon Alley, but stand in front of the FFL stadium and look at Gringott's show building.

Additionally, if you want a more blatent example of where they don't shy away from showing the building, may I remind people of Osaka's Hogwarts?

UC has done this multiple times in the past. Whether it'd be from Potter, Pets, Fallon, or even Kong to some extent; they've always had habits of showing the gritty with the buildings. Additionally, Volcano Bay comes to mind.

It's not something that Universal has tried to back away from. And you'll be seeing it in other projects, especially when it comes down to Beijing.

sorry the photo I showed was from UOR. I believe Hollywood did a slightly better job.

No, the picture you showed was Hollywood. But, it was early on in when Hogsmeade opened, and when the trees hadn't grown in as much as they do now. Additionally, as I had stated; they have seemingly touched up more on the showbuilding.

Additionally, if you want a more blatent example of where they don't shy away from showing the building, may I remind people of Osaka's Hogwarts?

UC has done this multiple times in the past. Whether it'd be from Potter, Pets, Fallon, or even Kong to some extent; they've always had habits of showing the gritty with the buildings. Additionally, Volcano Bay comes to mind.

It's not something that Universal has tried to back away from. And you'll be seeing it in other projects, especially when it comes down to Beijing.

No, the picture you showed was Hollywood. But, it was early on in when Hogsmeade opened, and when the trees hadn't grown in as much as they do now. Additionally, as I had stated; they have seemingly touched up more on the showbuilding.

pretty sure the photo I posted is from Orlando, got it from touringplans.

Universal Hollywood always has the brick painted show building, where as OUR had the plain building.

pretty sure the photo I posted is from Orlando, got it from touringplans.

Universal Hollywood always has the brick painted show building, where as OUR had the plain building.

Orlando doesn't have the Ford Angelia in FJ's Extended queue. Hollywood does.

Source of the TP Article that featured Hollywood when it began soft openings~
Universal Studios Hollywood: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Review - TouringPlans.com Blog

__
That said, this feels like we're getting out of topic here when this is about the Pets attraction.

Orlando doesn't have the Ford Angelia in FJ's Extended queue. Hollywood does.

Source of the TP Article that featured Hollywood when it began soft openings~
Universal Studios Hollywood: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Review - TouringPlans.com Blog

__
That said, this feels like we're getting out of topic here when this is about the Pets attraction.

ahh I didn’t see that. Just search google images for universal Orlando haha.

Anyway my only point was that this is the precedent and I want them to change it, and they are not.

I always look at it as these are movie studio theme parks, so part of going to a movie studio theme park is seeing the "behind the scenes" stuff. Universal's soundstages are part of the show, and a show building is essentially a soundstage. Since they use those streets for actual production, the front needs to be well themed, the back gets a pass.

I think it is problematic in theme parks that pride themselves in immersion. The building should definitely be hidden in the Wizarding World scenario, but other areas are not that critical.

I always look at it as these are movie studio theme parks, so part of going to a movie studio theme park is seeing the "behind the scenes" stuff. Universal's soundstages are part of the show, and a show building is essentially a soundstage. Since they use those streets for actual production, the front needs to be well themed, the back gets a pass.

I think it is problematic in theme parks that pride themselves in immersion. The building should definitely be hidden in the Wizarding World scenario, but other areas are not that critical.
I look at it sort of like the end credits of a movie. It has to be there, but the show is over. When it gets to that point, I ignore it and move on.

Personally, growing up as a casual visitor I never noticed show buildings much and honestly believe I as a GP fan wouldn’t have picked up or been down put by seeing the showbuilding

I expect to see studio buildings at a Universal Studios? Studio parks are probably the only kind that can get away with it as it's technically still part of the overall theme.

I expect to see studio buildings at a Universal Studios? Studio parks are probably the only kind that can get away with it as it's technically still part of the overall theme.
I expect to see the working Studio stuff on the tram tour. There is, however, a VERY clear separation between Studio and theme park these days though. Disney still tries to get away with beige show buildings at DHS and it drives me crazy when it could be themed to something. DHS certainly isn't a "Studio" park any longer (in name only) and while there is working production at both USH and USF (yes, it does still happen), I just think these days hyper-immersion has gotten to be so commonplace that plain painted walls are just something that I wish theme parks would do less of when it's within guest sight.

^This 100%. I think a studio facade is akin to Disney's "Go Away Green". Isn't there still a studio facade on the right side of New York Street? Yet we're not complaining about that one.

And I know some have been irked that we keep returning/comparing to Disney on this matter, but that's because Disney is held as the gold standard of immersive theming. And even they have lapses now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.