Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if SLoP is the same ride system as Yoshi, thanks to the recent pics from Japan, we now know it is a traditional style Omnimover where there is no gap between cars and they all move at the same speed. We just don't know if these will rotate like Haunted Mansion or not. @Alicia said that the Yoshi RVs do not rotate, so these probably don't either.

I am curious to see what these RVs look like.

Might affect capacity but I'd imagine you could have some big enough gaps to let show scenes reset if they wanted to?

We are getting a different layout to Yoshi so I just wonder if their be other minor differences (rotating cars would be a plus however unlickely)

Might affect capacity but I'd imagine you could have some big enough gaps to let show scenes reset if they wanted to?

We are getting a different layout to Yoshi so I just wonder if their be other minor differences (rotating cars would be a plus however unlickely)
As far as I know it should be same distance between, although I guess it’s possible they don’t install an RV on every base.

Saw the Buildings in person...while I'm not a big fan of the IP being made into the ride...I do really like the outside buildings and the cute set ups in each window.

Other than the facial recognition tech, the below stuck out to me, looks like confirmation Baker Street will get new facades to turn it into NYC:

"Universal is renaming the former Baker Street setting as "Pets Place." "With the installation of all-new store front facades, Pets Place will capture the charm of a busy NY street, including an iconic NYC subway station," the park said."

‪Universal Studios Hollywood has shared more information on the upcoming attraction, Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash – including the voice talent returning to reprise their roles

Last edited:
Sounds good, at this point in time. If they could pull it off, it's probably going to be a more fun attraction than if they would have somehow squeezed the Yoshii ride into the lower lot with Mario. Probably a good trade off.
Id assume it ultimately came down to budgeting for why SNW in Hollywood isn't getting Yoshi? If its just that they don't want 2 omnimovers in the park then thats just silly.

But I do fully expect this to be better and more "fun" than Yoshi as well. Yoshi is going to ride a lot on nostalgia for its enjoyment I feel.

Id assume it ultimately came down to budgeting for why SNW in Hollywood isn't getting Yoshi? If its just that they don't want 2 omnimovers in the park then thats just silly.

But I do fully expect this to be better and more "fun" than Yoshi as well. Yoshi is going to ride a lot on nostalgia for its enjoyment I feel.
From the insiders here it seems like it was an either one or the other build.....and they would have had to do more tear downs in the lower lot to squeeze Yoshi in .(Note; the original, and somewhat larger, SLOP was to go where Mario is)

From the insiders here it seems like it was an either one or the other build.....and they would have had to do more tear downs in the lower lot to squeeze Yoshi in .(Note; the original, and somewhat larger, SLOP was to go where Mario is)
I see, sounds like they made the smart choice here with SLOP then. Diversify the park a bit more too. As I've said countless time, really hope this makes its way to Orlando. Im tempted to go to Hollywood in 2021 for Mario Kart anyways but as a true fan of SloP the franchise, this is another must do for me. Especially since this sounds like there is much more tech involved than I thought.

From the leak on snapchat a while ago this seemed pretty much built. AA were still in plastic though, looks like the rest of the time is for all this new technology just announced. this is gonna be awesome!

Here is a shot from the movie that shows the cardboard box Max was in that the ride vehicles will resemble.

5e27b458ab49fd3a2c534753

Status
Not open for further replies.